Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Huffingtonpost had the best page on this story but a bunch of other sites are reporting it.
Closer inspection of a photo of Sarah Palin, during a speech in which she mocked President Obama for his use of a teleprompter, reveals several notes written on her left hand. The words "Energy", "Tax" and "Lift American Spirits" are clearly visible. There's also what appears to read as "Budget cuts" with the word Budget crossed out.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stefan-si … 52458.html

I'm not one of those "Sarah Palin is retarded LOL" types but this is just sorta sad.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6358|California
shes a woman what did you expect
i could see her in the kitchen and thats about it
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto

Macbeth wrote:

I'm not one of those "Sarah Palin is retarded LOL" types but this is just sorta sad.
I am. This only furthers my resent.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Chou
+737|6783
It's a grocery list.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom

Macbeth wrote:

Sarah Palin is retarded LOL
agreed
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Pochsy wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

What exactly are you resentful about? She didn't win, she's not from your state, she doesn't have any affect on Canada's politics.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
I would face-palm, but this is a step up for her.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto

Macbeth wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

What exactly are you resentful about? She didn't win, she's not from your state, she doesn't have any affect on Canada's politics.
American politicians have a huge impact on Canadian politics...

She didn't win, sure, but I'm resentful she even ran and raised the spirits and voices of all of her supporters.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
She's making more and more noise and if she does run for president and win then it does indeed become a world problem. People like her simply think everything in the USA is fine as it was and instead focus all their energy/military might upon the rest of the world. This causes problems to no end.

Plus Canada are right next to the USA, you'd think they would be rather interested in the ongoings in US politics.

Anyway she's an idiot for, as a politician, slamming another politician for using a teleprompter. That's just retarded...

Her hand notes might not be on the same level as teleprompter, though.

It's her job as a politician to be a hypocritical bitch though. Especially as she's one of those reactionary types, buzzwords, cheap tricks etc..

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-02-07 12:01:36)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Pochsy wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

She didn't win, sure, but I'm resentful she even ran and raised the spirits and voices of all of her supporters.
The overall impact of Sarah Palin on internal politics and domestic policy of Canada has been what, nil?

I see, your just angry because her views don't fall in line with yours and you want her to just go away because of it. Not very open minded.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York

Expected nothing more.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Palin is corrupt, idiotic and reactionary.

She is the full embodiment of everything that is wrong with the American people, and yet because of it she has a massive hive minded legion behind her.

If you don't hate her there is something wrong with you.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina
Yeah... and the "Tea Party" wanted her as a keynote speaker...  that should tell you how retarded they are...

I'm not sure if I should feel sorry for Palin or if I should hate McCain for risking the whole country with the possibility of her being one step from the presidency....

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-02-07 12:35:37)

Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto

Macbeth wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

The overall impact of Sarah Palin on internal politics and domestic policy of Canada has been what, nil?

I see, your just angry because her views don't fall in line with yours and you want her to just go away because of it. Not very open minded.
Yeah, right.

I don't think you have to disagree with the policy to realize she's a moron.

You're right. Sara Palin's overall impact on domestic policy has been slim in Canada, perhaps she raised some supporters of the right wing inadvertently (as American politics get a lot of press here), but it's the international policy that matters in this case; and everybody knows that.

International relations isn't that hard to get your head around...
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

news==all of what you know /= wisdom
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Pochsy wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Yeah, right.

You're right. Sara Palin's overall impact on domestic policy has been slim in Canada, perhaps she raised some supporters of the right wing inadvertently (as American politics get a lot of press here), but it's the international policy that matters in this case; and everybody knows that.

Right, she is unfit for the job that I agree but the level of hatred some of you assign to this woman is beyond reasonable.

The effect of her on international relations has been nil also. She didn't make it to office and did not at any point have control over the foreign policy of the U.S.    Obama is the current President and has control the foreign policy of the U.S. not her, I'm sure every other state in the world realizes this.

I think you are getting "International relations" confused with "Pochsy's world view and dogma".
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
I don't really see why this is news... reading from notes and reading from a teleprompter are entirely different things. One being a few words that remind you of the points you wish to make and the other meaning you have no idea what you are talking about. Clearly people haven't taken public speaking classes
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada

Macbeth wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Yeah, right.

Right, she is unfit for the job that I agree but the level of hatred some of you assign to this woman is beyond reasonable.

The effect of her on international relations has been nil also. She didn't make it to office and did not at any point have control over the foreign policy of the U.S.    Obama is the current President and has control the foreign policy of the U.S. not her, I'm sure every other state in the world realizes this.

I think you are getting "International relations" confused with "Pochsy's world view and dogma".
I think the fact that she was on a ticket that had a decent shot at winning the presidency is where people got concerned.  Had she not been the running mate for a major party for the highest office in the most powerful country in the world....  people wouldn't care.
Turquoise
O Canada

JohnG@lt wrote:

I don't really see why this is news... reading from notes and reading from a teleprompter are entirely different things. One being a few words that remind you of the points you wish to make and the other meaning you have no idea what you are talking about. Clearly people haven't taken public speaking classes
Usually, Palin has no idea what she's talking about though.

The points she has to make are coached rather than comprehended by her.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto

Macbeth wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Yeah, right.

Macbeth, seriously, I think you're an alright guy, but you have no idea how politics work, do you?

You honestly believe President Obama is completely autonomous in office?

What do lobbyists do?

Why are there popularity polls while they are in office?

She stands as beacon for uniformed, reactionary politics. The policy she seeks to promote because of that knee-jerk reaction is unimportant.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Turquoise wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Yeah, right.

I think the fact that she was on a ticket that had a decent shot at winning the presidency is where people got concerned.  Had she not been the running mate for a major party for the highest office in the most powerful country in the world....  people wouldn't care.
Caring is fine enough, jumping on the "Sarah Palin is a retard and should go catch the bus" band wagon whenever a story about her comes out is pretty unreasonable, especially if you're a kid from Canada and can't participate in our elections or government, you would agree to that wouldn't you?
Turquoise
O Canada

Macbeth wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Caring is fine enough, jumping on the "Sarah Palin is a retard and should go catch the bus" band wagon whenever a story about her comes out is pretty unreasonable, especially if you're a kid from Canada and can't participate in our elections or government, you would agree to that wouldn't you?
I think what Mek said sums up the international view.  Because America is so powerful both militarily and economically, it's natural for other countries to care what we do and who we elect.  It's kind of like what Ken was saying in the sex crimes thread too.

In other words, they may not be able to vote for our leaders, but it is in their best interests that we have a competent leader.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York
I really hope she gets the nomination in 2 years.

Obama should be hoping that too.
Turquoise
O Canada

Poseidon wrote:

In some ways, yes, but then again...   that might be putting too much faith in the American people to recognize who's competent and who isn't.

My doubts mostly stem from the 2000 and 2004 elections.
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

Poseidon wrote:

i really doubt she will, and i though think Obama will be winning by a landslide either

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard