FloppY_
­
+1,010|6282|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Blade4509 wrote:

Finally trying out OWB. Any advice? This place is crazy.
Don't be overconfident when fighting robo-scorpions...

They can take more damage than the world did in the atomic war before dying...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6713|Riva, MD

FloppY_ wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

The electron gun or whatever they give you at the beginning is the best gun for taking them out but unless you've invested a decent amount of points in energy weapons or you've brought a very very decent amount of caps, you won't be able to afford to keep repairing it before the main quest is over, that's what seems to be happening to me
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6282|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

_j5689_ wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

The electron gun or whatever they give you at the beginning is the best gun for taking them out but unless you've invested a decent amount of points in energy weapons or you've brought a very very decent amount of caps, you won't be able to afford to keep repairing it before the main quest is over, that's what seems to be happening to me
I always did prefer guns over energy weapons tbh... though I think I had 100 in all skills by the time I got the DLC :p
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5505|America
Yeah, those things blob like no tomorrow too. I pretty much ran backwards from them tossing pulse grenades, to great effect.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5505|America
If you use a magazine to increase your skills temporarily when it's already at 100 does it go over?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464

Blade4509 wrote:

If you use a magazine to increase your skills temporarily when it's already at 100 does it go over?
Nope.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida
Ultimate edition just came out.  Got to say, although it's more inconsistent then 3, NV really had some cool shit going on.  Really liked the factions.

Are the DLC's a good reason to return to this game?

Last edited by Spearhead (2012-02-07 22:56:14)

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5961|London, England

3 > Nv
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5032|Massachusetts, USA

Spearhead wrote:

Ultimate edition just came out.  Got to say, although it's more inconsistent then 3, NV really had some cool shit going on.  Really liked the factions.

Are the DLC's a good reason to return to this game?
Old world blues and lonesome road were pretty good.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464

Mutantbear wrote:

3 > Nv
lolsure
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6122|So Cal

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Mutantbear wrote:

3 > Nv
lolsure
+1
Mutanbear speaks the tooth'.
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
I'm really happy I started playing this again

New Vegas > Skyrim.  There I said it
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5581

If Obsidian made another Fallout game using the same F3 and NV engine I would buy it. Between this and KOTOR 2 they really won me over.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire
i wouldnt the engine is complete shit
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Good god Dead Money sucks.  Even worse than Operation Anchorage.  PLEASE, LET IT END
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5581

Did you buy the collection or did you buy it individually?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Ultimate edition.  I hope the others are better bc this dlc is the worst stinking shitbag of a "game" I've ever played. 

I'm stuck without health in an area with no vending machines and no way to escape without being killed by the mysterious "toxic cloud".
Chou
+737|6787
You shouldn't be playing those dlc's at low level, just saying and didn't it came with the weapon stash add-on or whatever?
There are some beastly guns in that pack, find them first.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5032|Massachusetts, USA

Spearhead wrote:

Ultimate edition.  I hope the others are better bc this dlc is the worst stinking shitbag of a "game" I've ever played. 

I'm stuck without health in an area with no vending machines and no way to escape without being killed by the mysterious "toxic cloud".
Don't worry, OWB and LR are excellent DLCs.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
It said I should start at level 20 but I couldnt hold off any longer when I leveled up to 16.

But ya, I'm using that M1 Battle rifle from the GRA pack or w/e.  It's great.
Chou
+737|6787
Well do level up and stock on supplies before going into OWB because you will be tested in that area, health packs are rare.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6533|Long Island, New York

Spearhead wrote:

Good god Dead Money sucks.  Even worse than Operation Anchorage.  PLEASE, LET IT END
Both tried really hard to be an FPS but failed. I do love the Holorifle though.

I thought it was a nice challenge and change of pace, but not exactly fun.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Finally finished it.  Apparently there's a way to escape with all of the gold bars.  The idea is enticing, but it would kind of ruin the fun to have almost 400,000 caps.  lol.  I really liked the story though.  Obsidian are great writers.

Last edited by Spearhead (2012-05-25 21:47:26)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Old World Blues, hmmm.

Not quite as good as I was expecting.  Sure the dialogue was a little funny but it dragged on probably 10-15 minutes too long.  The nerd factor was kind of cool but all the jokes got kind of stale.  Was glad it was over.

Honest Hearts I enjoyed a lot.  Joshua Graham is a bad ass.  I really liked the new environments -- the canyons were really fun to explore but a little empty.  Unlike Dead Money and Old World Blues, which were a little too long imo, Honest Hearts is way too short. 

Still have to play Lonesome Road.  I'm really enjoying how Obsidian linked together the DLC with an overarching storyline -- references to father Elijah in OWB, and that other "courier" who I believe is the antagonist in LR.  It's pretty unique, not sure I've ever seen anything quite like it.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6713|Riva, MD

Spearhead wrote:

Finally finished it.  Apparently there's a way to escape with all of the gold bars.  The idea is enticing, but it would kind of ruin the fun to have almost 400,000 caps.  lol.  I really liked the story though.  Obsidian are great writers.
I got away with the gold bars, you don't really need too have that much but it's pretty awesome to have some shit in reserve.  Not all of the shops can afford to buy them anyway if I remember which makes it very hard to sell them after only selling a few

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard