Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6806
game's ridiculously easy so far
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6690|Long Island, New York
Spoiler (highlight to read):
lol @ the "great journey" ghouls. I got up to the part where I can actually go to the Strip, but you have to pass through freeside and that requires 80 science of 2,000 caps, neither of which I have.

I need to find more side quests to do.
TravisC555
+118|6372|Cox Convention Center, OK

Poseidon wrote:

lol @ the "great journey" ghouls. I got up to the part where I can actually go to the Strip, but you have to pass through freeside and that requires 80 science of 2,000 caps, neither of which I have.

Ya once I got to the part where I had to kill the nightkin in the REPCONN rocket factory (or w/e it is called) for that quest I decided to skip it and come back later

Last edited by TravisC555 (2010-10-20 15:31:10)

Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|5121|Dundee, Scotland.
downloadin atm
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6439|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Fuck I nearly highlighted this thread before I read the tab name

Come fucking on, be the 22nd already
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6806

Poseidon wrote:

You don't need either of those.

95% of all weapons and ammo I find are for normal firearms. I went with explosives like in FO3 and have to use a pistol almost all the time for a complete lack of explosives ammo

Also a high speech skill = easymode
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
The robot says I need 2K caps or I can do an 80 science speech check to get past him. What other ways are there?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6806
Or you can procure a passport
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
From where?

I'm also doing a sidequest at HELIOS One right now and in order to get a generator working again I need 35 repair... I currently have 34. X_X
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,739|6890|Oxferd Ohire
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Okay, got the passport from the gun shop in Freeside. Well, it's a fake, but I assume it'll work. 500 caps compared to 2000 isn't too bad.

Really need to find some new armor, but I have no idea where to look.

No major bugs yet btw.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+796|6837|United States of America
I'm not getting any impression that this is striving to be different/improved from FO3 in any way. Like someone said, change the HUD color and you're back in DC. I also got to be nostalgic about how much FO3 pissed me off with the arbitrary weight limit. Hoarders such as myself have to constantly go back and forth to dump off shit to trade because you don't want to leave something worth some serious coin just lying there.
FloppY_
­

DesertFox- wrote:

I'm not getting any impression that this is striving to be different/improved from FO3 in any way. Like someone said, change the HUD color and you're back in DC. I also got to be nostalgic about how much FO3 pissed me off with the arbitrary weight limit. Hoarders such as myself have to constantly go back and forth to dump off shit to trade because you don't want to leave something worth some serious coin just lying there.
Isn't that kinda the point? To force you to prioritize your scavenging?

And tbh as many people that want an unlimited inventory, you will find people who want a realistic limit (e.g. 80kg)

BTW: Fellow hoarder here..
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
i'm a packrat as well.

Btw I just got fucking ripped off for the space suit. Valued at 800, sold for 150... fuck you low barter rate.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6844|Devon, England

Poseidon wrote:

Okay, got the passport from the gun shop in Freeside. Well, it's a fake, but I assume it'll work. 500 caps compared to 2000 isn't too bad.

Really need to find some new armor, but I have no idea where to look.

No major bugs yet btw.

Made me lol
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Yeah, I saw that lol. Didn't get it though.

A crazy thing happened to me last night in Freeside though... I saw some guy waving me down and I followed him. Into an alley of course. Then he started a speech event and he says "You see that, in between the dumpsters? That's the last idiot who followed me in here! Get him boys!". 3 thugs then swarm in on me and attack me. I made mincemeat of them obviously, but just the fact that a random event like that happened was pretty cool. Following off of the ones in FO3.
DesertFox-

FloppY_ wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

And tbh as many people that want an unlimited inventory, you will find people who want a realistic limit (e.g. 80kg)

Well early on, I'm always like "Okay I need an extra ____ (weapon/armor) to repair the one I'm using so I might as well keep it because I could also sell it at high CND if I can keep it until my next trip back." All I need is a safe container and I'd be happy.
FloppY_
­

DesertFox- wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Well early on, I'm always like "Okay I need an extra ____ (weapon/armor) to repair the one I'm using so I might as well keep it because I could also sell it at high CND if I can keep it until my next trip back." All I need is a safe container and I'd be happy.
Wait, you don't have a house in New Vegas?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
You get a room in Novac.

You have to finish Boone's quest and kill the bitch who sold his wife to the Slavers. After that talk to the guy in the Dino Shop and he'll give you a key.

Nothing like Megaton though.
FloppY_
­

Poseidon wrote:

You get a room in Novac.

You have to finish Boone's quest and kill the bitch who sold his wife to the Slavers. After that talk to the guy in the Dino Shop and he'll give you a key.

Nothing like Megaton though.
So kinda like the room in tenpenny tower?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Kinda. But easier to get to. And it's in a shitty motel, not some nice hotel filled with either snobby assholes or snobby assholes and ghouls.
DesertFox-
I just started playing yesterday, but that sounds like my next stop before I explore too much.
FloppY_
­

Poseidon wrote:

Kinda. But easier to get to. And it's in a shitty motel, not some nice hotel filled with either snobby assholes or snobby assholes and ghouls.
You forgot to add homicidan ghouls...

But then I don't see the problem, there are cabinets in said room no?

@ Desertfox,
My copy doesn't arrive untill tomorrow

EU late release is fail

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-10-21 08:48:09)

SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6812|The darkside of Denver
I might buy this tonight.  dunno...
Chou
+737|6943
Level 30 today I got me a shitload of caps, i'm owning NV

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard