Poll

Should Chuy buy the domain bc2s.com?

Yes45%45% - 41
No54%54% - 50
Total: 91
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6285|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I just figured now as BC2 will come, maybe changing the name of BF2s to BC2s, would possibly help gain new members and if chuy has the time to integrate BC2 stats it would be fitting... or simply having the domain redirect to here...

ofc. I can't tell him what to do with his money, none of us can... But what do you think?

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-02-04 07:43:22)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5542|Toronto
It sounds like a good idea, yes, but given the amount of interest he seems to take in this place currently, I doubt he would be interested. Honestly, he's doing us a favor by letting this place run itself out.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6380|the land of bourbon

Pochsy wrote:

It sounds like a good idea, yes, but given the amount of interest he seems to take in this place currently, I doubt he would be interested. Honestly, he's doing us a favor by letting this place run itself out.
what?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
FloppY_
­

steelie34 wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

what?
True tbh.

But I am just saying that it could >COULD< bring newcomers
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
Depends on if BC2 even has a stats system like BF2 where such a website could be made. I doubt it would happen for BC2. Maybe for BF3, which will be more of a true sequel to BF2 than BC2 is
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5542|Toronto

steelie34 wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

what?
Yes, the idea would bring new members to the site. No, I don't believe Chuy would do so given his interest in the place he already has. He does us a favor by not closing the site and instead letting it die slowly.

If this clears up nothing my response is this: Jesus was a leftist, but the Banana Republic has vests. Therefore, bf2s is doomed.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK
Someone probably already bought it.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

someone allready has it :
Administrative Contact:
Name: stars
Organization: stars
Address: room 1608 No.139 song hua jiang street city HAERBIN
City: harbin
Province/state: GD
Postal Code: 15001
Phone: +86.86262310
Fax: +86.
Email: [email protected]
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
No, but it would be if BF2s would track the stats for BC2.
Chou
+737|6790

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

No, but it would be if BF2s would track the stats for BC2.
Let's ask Chuy.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

SEREMAKER wrote:

Administrative Contact:
oh wonderful
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

Bf3s would be better.

If there is a bf3 stat system that is...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
thepilot91
+64|6235|Åland!
im not sure i voted yes but just for incase bc2 will be worth it , and will be some kind of similar success to bf2 , otherwise im in on same as aussie about "bf3s"
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6343

Pochsy wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

what?
Yes, the idea would bring new members to the site. No, I don't believe Chuy would do so given his interest in the place he already has. He does us a favor by not closing the site and instead letting it die slowly.

If this clears up nothing my response is this: Jesus was a leftist, but the Banana Republic has vests. Therefore, bf2s is doomed.
But arn´t people saying this site is going down for the past 3 years now? And for all I see it´s still going strong, even with vests.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Sambuccashake
+126|6610|Sweden

Mekstizzle wrote:

Depends on if BC2 even has a stats system like BF2 where such a website could be made. I doubt it would happen for BC2. Maybe for BF3, which will be more of a true sequel to BF2 than BC2 is
Me agrees.
FloppY_
­

Sambuccashake wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Me agrees.
From what I can tell about the beta it does have similar stat tracking...
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

lol @ people that have public registration on domains
androoz
Banned
+137|5212|United States
lol bc2 isnt even worth it...
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5542|Toronto

Sisco10 wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

what?

But arn´t people saying this site is going down for the past 3 years now? And for all I see it´s still going strong, even with vests.
It is still loosing members at a great rate than they are registering; it's just taking forever. You're right, by the looks of it the place could last for another 3 years just with the small member base it has now, but that doesn't mean it's going strong. Strong is stable or with signs of growth. We're just on a slower decline than would be expected.
FloppY_
­

Pochsy wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

It is still loosing members at a great rate than they are registering; it's just taking forever. You're right, by the looks of it the place could last for another 3 years just with the small member base it has now, but that doesn't mean it's going strong. Strong is stable or with signs of growth. We're just on a slower decline than would be expected.
Compared to 3 years ago when I registered, this place is a ghost town...
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

AussieReaper wrote:

Bf3s would be better.

If there is a bf3 stat system that is...
Domain name: bf3s.com

Registrant Contact:

David Bizzo Marques ()

Fax:
Avenida Nossa Senhora de Copacabana 1058 Apt. 704
Copacabana
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro 22060002
BR

Administrative Contact:

David Bizzo Marques ([email protected])
Fax:
Avenida Nossa Senhora de Copacabana 1058 Apt. 704
Copacabana
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro 22060002
BR
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Spark wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Administrative Contact:
oh wonderful
Its that fucking copycat bf2s chinese clan. I've played with them before and they are a bunch of absolute dickheads.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

I would hate to have to hunt down that post from FM that showed bf2s made about $40 a day in ad revenue and was more or less self reliant.

In any case

BF2s is still pretty well known within the BF2 community, hell if you google BF2 we beat out sites like Planet Battlefield. Within the community we also have a tremendous amount of talent and resources. There are some members here with amazing skills in everything from networking and coding to graphic design.

That said, If you guys really don't want this site to go off the cliff and maybe get new members and a whole new generation of users perhaps we/you/us/whatever could pool our collective knowledge and resources together and modify the BF2s front page to incorporate BC2 in some way, stats, guides, whatever the fuck, and on and on along with maybe changing the forum itself to make it accessible for more people.

I love this place and I know a lot of other people do too, I wouldn't mind helping a collective bunch of bf2s members redesign or expand the site in order to have more members and activity.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

We peaked somewhere around 2006.

Also, this:

http://trends.google.com/websites?q=www … 0&sa=N

Last edited by AussieReaper (2010-02-05 21:37:30)

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin
Don't you first have to go through mods before you post after registering?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard