Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6481|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Poseidon wrote:

if you watched the show and how Locke's character progresses and then read this, you'd be like and then be like
Ö?

Wiki wrote:

figuring prominently in the work of later philosophers such as Hume, Rousseau

I wonder how long J.J. Abrams was plotting and writing before starting to film this?

Oh, and btw guys thanks for summarizing this shit up. I'm too fucking dense to once a while to "see the big picture". I just wind down and enjoy the TV show. The ending pissed me off a bit at first but now I get it
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6722|Purplicious Wisconsin

Poseidon wrote:

War Man wrote:

Ah well lost is a piece a shit series anyway.
says the guy who can't understand the simplest of concepts when it comes to the series
I do, just saying I don't like it. You can know but not like ya know fuckhead.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5706
I can't believe I wasted all those hours on this show. Fuck LOST.
War Man

13/f/taiwan wrote:

I can't believe I wasted all those hours on this show. Fuck LOST.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5706
If you have not watched it yet, don't. Once you start with the first show you're just going to get into more hoping for some sort of clever and good ending. Waste of time.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York

War Man wrote:

You can know but not like ya know fuckhead.
We speak english here.
War Man

Poseidon wrote:

War Man wrote:

We speak english here.
Yes, I'm speaking it too. My own version of it got a probelm with it?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

War Man wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

War Man wrote:

We speak english here.
Yes. And you still don't understand the most basic concept that Christian outlined because you're simply too ignorant to do so.
War Man

Poseidon wrote:

War Man wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

We speak english here.
Yes. And you still don't understand the most basic concept that Christian outlined because you're simply too ignorant to do so.
More like I don't care and that's called a mistype fuckhead.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

War Man wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

War Man wrote:

Yet you continue to post about a show you admit you know nothing about.
War Man

Poseidon wrote:

War Man wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Yet you continue to post about a show you admit you know nothing about.
WTF you talking about? I know stuff about it.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6332|New Haven, CT
ITT: Poseidon pretends his knowledge of a fictional TV show makes him intelligent.

Regarding the finale, it was kind of weak, and certainly exposed some of the show's mystery and intrigue as nothing more than superficial ploys to enthrall the audience and retain their attention.
War Man
True about poseidon
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6750|FUCK UBISOFT

finale answered no questions, made FST pointless and stupid.

piss poor job there guys.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
War Man

Miggle wrote:

finale answered no questions, made FST pointless and stupid.

piss poor job there guys.
Well it did answer some questions.

Although mainly season 6 questions I'd say.

Last edited by War Man (2010-05-26 07:28:59)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
I think so many fail to understand that everything that happened on the Island was real and everyone wasn't dead. Pretty sad.

nukchebi0 wrote:

ITT: Poseidon pretends his knowledge of a fictional TV show makes him intelligent.
The irony here is magnificent.

Last edited by Poseidon (2010-05-26 10:41:07)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6750|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

I think so many fail to understand that everything that happened on the Island was real and everyone wasn't dead. Pretty sad.

nukchebi0 wrote:

so yeah, the island was real. But what was the island? where was it? what did pulling the plug do in the rest of the world? what would have happened if locke had left? what happened to lapidus and friends? Why do we even care about this "purgatory" bullshit? Why did they fuck up the FST? Why was the FST different? why did they give jack a son? Why were some characters in purgatory and others not? Why did the characters have to be enlightened in purgatory? Why 4 8 15 16 23 42? Who built the statue? Did desmond bring the plane down, or did jacob? Even if either of them did, how did Daniel's mom predict such events? Why was daniel crying? Why did widmore bring desmond to the island? He didn't want the plug pulled, did he?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6629|London, England
someone told me this is how lost ended:

https://i.imgur.com/wtzBE.gif
War Man

Poseidon wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

I think you fail to understand that we do understand but we didn't like the ending.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

so yeah, the island was real.

But what was the island?

- GodFather stated it perfectly in his longass summary. It's a place where lost souls find each other.

where was it?

- It has a solid location. I think some Losties found it was near Guam? I forgot, but it definitely has a solid location.

what did pulling the plug do in the rest of the world?

- Nothing, unless the Island had sunk. Juliet said to Sawyer about the vending machine "you can unplug it and plug it back in and technically it's still legal". HUGE foreshadowing.

what would have happened if locke had left?

- As GodFather stated, he represented evil. If he had left, him and all the evil souls would've wreaked havoc on the Earth. Or my original theory... the extreme electromagnetism would've escaped and killed off civilization. This is the kind of thing that they purposely left for speculation. What's the fun in telling you in plain english? The best kind of movie or show still has people debating it after it's over.

what happened to lapidus and friends?

- I'm assuming they lived out happy, healthy lives. Again, this is left up for speculation. Of course they could've told you, but there's no fun in that.

Why do we even care about this "purgatory" bullshit?

- Because it's everything that the series was about. Lost souls meeting each other and having each other until the end.

Why did they fuck up the FST?

- How did they fuck it up?

Why was the FST different?

- Because it was a dream world. Everything was perfect for all the characters who were good. They all had something and someone.

why did they give jack a son?

- Just a guess but I'd assume because in real life he'd always wanted one, so in this before-afterlife sequence, he has one.

Why were some characters in purgatory and others not?

- Like Eko? Eko was an evil person who couldn't admit to his sins. Michael? His ghost was trapped on the Island.

Why did the characters have to be enlightened in purgatory?

- I believe GodFather explained this as well.

Why 4 8 15 16 23 42?

- I could be wrong but I think these were the numbers (possibly in the flight manifest? idk) of the top 6 candidates for taking over Jacob's position. Locke, Jacke, Kwon (did we ever even find out if it was Jin or Sun?), Sawyer, Kate, Hurley. I do wish they'd explained this and the following question a bit further though.

Who built the statue?

- People who found their way to the Island in previous years and had a story very similar to 815's.

Did desmond bring the plane down, or did jacob?

- Jacob did.

Even if either of them did, how did Daniel's mom predict such events Why was daniel crying? Why did widmore bring desmond to the island? He didn't want the plug pulled, did he?
The last 4 I'm still debating.

War Man wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

I think you fail to understand that we do understand but we didn't like the ending.
I get people didn't like the ending. That's fine. Some people don't want to go through a debating game (which is really stupid because the whole fucking series is based around theories and debating) and want a list of answers presented to them. That's their prerogative.

However, to make a blanket statement saying the show sucks and giving a reason that they all died (which isn't true at all) is just ridiculous.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6698|Tampa Bay Florida
I thought the ending sucked tbh.  Instead of ending the series conclusively, they decided to reveal the sideways purgatory world, which turned out to be reveal quite a few inconsistencies.

All I was hoping for in the finale was an end, something which neatly wraps up the show while leaving some of it open to interpretation.  Instead, the whole damn episode was open to interpretation.

As someone who watched the show for it's mystery/thriller elements, can't say I was very surprised to be so let down.  I enjoyed the show very much but I do feel somewhat cheated by this finale.  It did not do the show justice.  The writers clearly had the ability to deliver an epic finale, but instead used a "cop-out" ending.

Lost did not live up to it's true potential...

Last edited by Spearhead (2010-05-26 18:44:02)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6332|New Haven, CT

Poseidon wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

What irony? You're continuing down your delusional path, it seems.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Spearhead wrote:

I thought the ending sucked tbh.  Instead of ending the series conclusively, they decided to reveal the sideways purgatory world, which turned out to be reveal quite a few inconsistencies.

All I was hoping for in the finale was an end, something which neatly wraps up the show while leaving some of it open to interpretation.  Instead, the whole damn episode was open to interpretation.

As someone who watched the show for it's mystery/thriller elements, can't say I was very surprised to be so let down.  I enjoyed the show very much but I do feel somewhat cheated by this finale.  It did not do the show justice.  The writers clearly had the ability to deliver an epic finale, but instead used a "cop-out" ending.

Lost did not live up to it's true potential...
What did you expect? Aliens?
War Man
I expected a better ending
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6182|Sydney | ♥

@ posiedon..

The island moves...

Ben turning the wheel... and then the whole swinging thing that wittmores wife was using in the church...

Last edited by tazz. (2010-05-26 21:07:27)

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard