Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
https://larryfire.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/news6poster.jpg

Airs tonight at 9 on ABC.

Can. Not. Wait. I've been following this show since 6th grade and it's weird to see it come to a close.

Thoughts? Questions you want answered?

They better fully explain what the smoke monster is. They've only done bits and pieces but I want the full fucking truth dammit.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6099|Birmingham, UK
I thought it was season 8?

Anyway i stopped caring after the last season. Maybe i'll have a look at it on Friday when it starts here.
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6292
can you fill me in on the other 5 seasons so i can watch this?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

is the top left picture shannon?

if so, what?

wait... far left is boone.

and ana lucia? and ecko, charlie, faraday's girlfriend.

where's walt? and those people who were only in that on episode?

Last edited by Miggle (2010-02-02 08:34:47)

https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
they write this shit as they go along and they dont even write it well

good riddance, pseudo-profound bullshit get OFF my television
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6099|Birmingham, UK
I miss Charlie
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6637
at what point did it turn sour... didnt everybody like it at one point... havent watched the series so just wondering
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

is the top left picture shannon?

if so, what?

wait... far left is boone.

and ana lucia? and ecko, charlie, faraday's girlfriend.

where's walt? and those people who were only in that on episode?
I dunno if it's an official poster, I just googled "Season Six LOST Poster" and used it lol.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6183|Roma

Backupwayback wrote:

People lost in plane crash on fucked up island, get found, get lost, go back in time, die, give birth, go crazy, get attacked, get found, find crazy animals, find random people, kill random people, do washing, fap.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Backupwayback wrote:

People lost in plane crash on fucked up island, get found, get lost, go back in time, die, give birth, go crazy, get attacked, get found, find crazy animals, find random people, kill random people, do washing, fap.
...yeah this pretty much sums it up
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6183|Roma

Poseidon wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Backupwayback wrote:

Really? I only saw one season.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
i watch it with my mom and brother and honestly we get lost in the plot a lot of times. but it's just so fucking addicting

so yes, in short that plot description kinda sums it up
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6099|Birmingham, UK

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Really? I only saw one season.
then how did you know about the time travel? unless you didn't watch season 1.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6183|Roma
Seemed a logical step for the writers of Lost to take.
Seemed to cover most other Sci-Fi bases
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6499

CAN'T WAIT!

There is sooo much to be explained, my only worry is they will have a really stupid explanation for it all or they won't explain some stuff.  I trust JJ abrams though so I think it'll be the bees knees.  Many awards are to be coming.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

Poseidon wrote:

http://larryfire.files.wordpress.com/20 … poster.jpg

Can. Not. Wait. I've been following this show since 6th grade and it's weird to see it come to a close.

They better fully explain what the smoke monster is. They've only done bits and pieces but I want the full fucking truth dammit.
Smoke monster is Esau. Locke in season 5 was not the real Locke but the smoke monster (Esau) in disguise.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
CanadianLoser
+1,148|6499

JohnG@lt wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Smoke monster is Esau. Locke in season 5 was not the real Locke but the smoke monster (Esau) in disguise.
But who the fuck is Esau (and Jacob for that matter)?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

CanadianLoser wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

But who the fuck is Esau (and Jacob for that matter)?
Biblical story:
Esau and Jacob were twins, born to Isaac and Rebekah. Esau was the first of the twins to be born. He was covered with red hair, and was called Esau. Some scholars believe that the word Esau means "hairy." Esau became the ancestor of the people of Edom ("red."), which was a country near Israel during ancient times.

Before Esau's birth, the Lord told Rebekah that her older son would serve the younger son (Genesis 25:23). This was an unusual concept in ancient times because the oldest son was regarded as the heir of the father's wealth, power and authority.

Esau was born first. But when his twin brother Jacob was being born, Jacob's hand was holding onto Esau's heel. This was taken as a sign that Jacob wanted to be born first. Later in life, Jacob continued to show that he wanted to be his father's heir.

One day, Esau returned from an unsuccessful hunting trip and was famished. He saw that Jacob had been cooking food and he asked for a serving. Jacob asked him if he would be willing to sell his rights as the first-born son in exchange for a bowl of food. Esau agreed. (Genesis 25:29-34.)

Regardless of whether Esau was being serious or flippant in selling off his birthright, Jacob sought to make good on the deal and, with his mother's help, tricked his aging father into giving Jacob the blessing that traditionally would been reserved for the first-born.

After Jacob had gotten the blessing from his father, Esau vowed to kill Jacob. To protect Jacob, his mother arranged for him to live with her relatives in Haran. Jacob lived in Haran for about 20 years, working for his uncle, Laban. When Jacob returned home, his brother, Esau, who now had wealth and a 400-man army, forgave Jacob.

Esau married Hittite women, against his parents wishes. He also married two Ishmaelite women. One of them was Mahalath, the daughter of Ishmael, Abraham's son. After Isaac died, Esau took his wives, his children, his servants and his cattle and moved away from his brother to Mount Seir.

In the New Testament passage of Hebrews 12:16, Esau is described as immoral and unreligious. Paul, in Romans 9:10-13, indicates that God had chosen Jacob to be the heir to the promises that he had made to his grandfather, Abraham. Details about Esau can be found in Genesis chapters 25-36.
http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/p98.htm

So they've been fighting an epic battle on the Island for the last couple of millenia over the birthright.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
CanadianLoser
+1,148|6499
and Esau just won? Is he going to fuck shit up now or what?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

CanadianLoser wrote:

and Esau just won? Is he going to fuck shit up now or what?
Well, he's considered the godless one. Jack and the others with him are God's chosen soldiers or whatever, the Others are Esau's army. It's the battle of Armageddon played out on your tv screen with opposing armies of angels, one trying to uphold god and the other trying to overthrow him.
-Frederick Bastiat
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

JohnG@lt wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Well, I knew the smoke monster was fake Locke (the one in the temple with Ben when he killed Jacob), but I didn't know it was Esau..
CanadianLoser
+1,148|6499
tbh i think every episode from now on in is going to start to reveal some pretty cool shit that we want to know.  I'm probably going to re watch the entire series this summer because to watch a show over a span of (shit how many years has it been?) is hard because you forget some pretty key stuff along the way
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6340|Belfast
I started watching it last season. Complete and total mindfuck tbh. I haven't gotten around to getting the DVDs yet. Just looking at the biblical background on Jacob clears up a few things, I watched the finale again last night. I will be definatley be tuning in on Friday when it airs here on Sky1.
Brasso
+1,549|6622

i've missed every episode last season past like the 4th or 5th one and have never caught up...

i LOVE lost though
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6340|Belfast

haffeysucks wrote:

i've missed every episode last season past like the 4th or 5th one and have never caught up...

i LOVE lost though
If you don't know the ending:
Spoiler (highlight to read):
The last season ends as Juliet falls down a the hole in the Swan site. They tried to throw a nuke down it, but it failed to detonate. Somehow, Juliet survived the fall and started the hit the nuke with a rock and (I assume) it detonated. The series ends in a white flash.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard