Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|5431|Kakanien
"A group of 10 American Baptists were being held in the Haitian capital Sunday after trying to take 33 children out of Haiti.

The church group, most of them from Idaho, allegedly lacked the proper documents when they were arrested Friday night in a bus along with children from 2 months to 12 years old who had survived the catastrophic earthquake.

The group say they were setting up an orphanage across the border in the Dominican Republic.

Social Affairs Minister Yves Cristallin told the AP that the Americans were suspected of taking part in an illegal adoption scheme."

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Church/Default.aspx?id=878046
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|4195|Cleveland, Ohio
who cares why...they are better off out of haiti anyway.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|5411|The Twilight Zone
so its like "take what you like" now huh
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|5363|North Carolina
Their hearts are in the right place, but they should really use their brains more....
ATG
Banned
+5,233|5487|Global Command
Adopting out of Haiti is a nightmare. Takes three years or more.

There are goons in Haitis government that would rather see these people stare than assist them in getting out.

I would support a RRF being dispatched to free them.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|5363|North Carolina
There are legal outlets to use which don't take as long that are managed by charities.  While it is true that many of the recent adoptions weren't exactly legal, you don't have to necessarily abduct kids to adopt from Haiti.

Since the Haitian government has recently cracked down on these unofficial adoptions, I'm surprised this group attempted what they did.  They had to know the odds of being caught were high.

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-01-31 17:26:45)

ruisleipa
Member
+149|5180|teh FIN-land
religion of peace?

oh wait...

11 Bravo wrote:

who cares why...they are better off out of haiti anyway.
such a dick statement.

"The arrests came amid fears that child traffickers could be taking advantage of the mayhem in Port-au-Prince to snatch children from hospitals or refugee camps. Aid workers believe the quake may have created thousands of new orphans who are easy targets for criminal gangs. Unicef's senior child protection adviser in Haiti, Bo Viktor Nylund, said: "We have heard reports that there has been trafficking through the border and flights leaving the country but we have not been able to verify this."

He said some abduction reports could probably be explained as well-wishers trying to help, while others could be linked to exploitation for sexual purposes. "Probably more of the first," he said, but added: "Without parents it is a given that you are more vulnerable.""

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/ja … d-children

Yeah being trafficked, kidnapped or used by some American sex freak is defintely better. Yes, you're absolutely right. /sarcasm
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|4195|Cleveland, Ohio

ruisleipa wrote:

used by some American sex freak
prove that or stfu
ruisleipa
Member
+149|5180|teh FIN-land

11 Bravo wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

used by some American sex freak
prove that or stfu
lol OK take away 'American' if that helps - didn't realise you North London types were so defensive on behalf of our Big Borther, but woteva... Did you read the link I posted? Here is a short quote again in case you had trouble reading it:

"He said some abduction reports could probably be explained as well-wishers trying to help, while others could be linked to exploitation for sexual purposes. "Probably more of the first," he said, but added: "Without parents it is a given that you are more vulnerable.""

Nice, yeah?
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|4195|Cleveland, Ohio
still see no proof.  gg
ruisleipa
Member
+149|5180|teh FIN-land
lol so prove to me that they're 'better off out of haiti'. And how could I possible 'prove' that anyway? not like there's a website where perverts can order Haitian children is there? or maybe there is? You're an Arsenal fan, you should know (bad luck yesterday lol - is that why you're in a mood today?). I'd rather believe the UN child protection advisor than trust the ravings of some twit like you, plus it seems absolutely logical to presuppose that there will be some fuckers taking advantage of the situation to try anf fulfil their own twisted fantasies, don't you think? But OK, you believe what you want to believe, and continue to argue over nothing.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|4195|Cleveland, Ohio

ruisleipa wrote:

lol so prove to me that they're 'better off out of haiti'. And how could I possible 'prove' that anyway? not like there's a website where perverts can order Haitian children is there? or maybe there is? You're an Arsenal fan, you should know (bad luck yesterday lol - is that why you're in a mood today?). I'd rather believe the UN child protection advisor than trust the ravings of some twit like you, plus it seems absolutely logical to presuppose that there will be some fuckers taking advantage of the situation to try anf fulfil their own twisted fantasies, don't you think? But OK, you believe what you want to believe, and continue to argue over nothing.
ok ill play your game.  if they are not sex slaves, then they are better off.
ruisleipa
Member
+149|5180|teh FIN-land
it's not a game. You ask me for evidence for something that is absolutely believable but impossible to find evidence for. You give a blanket statement, and yourself provide no evidence for it whatsoever. Pot..kettle...black, y'know. Please tell me why you think a) if they're not sex slaves they're better off, considering that all is chaos in Haiti, they may still have parents looking for them, etc.,  and b) why you seem to think that it's worth the risk of any children becoming sex slaves anyway? Or do you have one locked in your basement?
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|4195|Cleveland, Ohio

ruisleipa wrote:

You ask me for evidence for something that is absolutely believable but impossible to find evidence for.
im sorry but what?
ruisleipa
Member
+149|5180|teh FIN-land
You asked me for evidence that Haitian children are being used by American sex freaks. That is impossible to prove, wouldn't you agree, considering that the situation is ongoing as we type and the perverts aren't advertising? So, how could I possibly prove that? What standard of proof do you require? Cos to me, it seems absolutely logical that someone would try and take advantage of the situation in that way. I don't need eveidence per se, just the fact it is possible is enough for me to believe that if anyone wants to adopt a child from Haiti then all the safeguards thast are in place need to be adhered to ocmpletely. It is enough that it there is a reasonable chance that kids might be abducted to make me think it's wrong. Kidnapping children like those lovely baptists have done is wrong, full stop.

You, on the other hand, argued that the children are better off outside Haiti and therefore it's not a problem. So, where's your proof?
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|4195|Cleveland, Ohio
i said IF they are not sex slaves they are better off.  would you not agree an orphan from rwanda for example is better off in lets say germany?

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-01-31 23:36:49)

ruisleipa
Member
+149|5180|teh FIN-land

11 Bravo wrote:

i said IF they are not sex slaves they are better off.  would you not agree an orphan from rwanda for example is better off in lets say germany?
Dude, this is what you said at first:

11 Bravo wrote:

who cares why...they are better off out of haiti anyway.
Now you're saying they're only better off out of Haiti if they're not sex slaves. The fact some of them may become sex slaves is enough to worry me, but not you, apparently. I don't know if they'd be better of in Germany. It depends on many things. That is why there are precoedures for international adoption that should be followed. They shouldn't be kidnapped like the US Baptists people did. That was wrong. I'm not saying no child should be adopted from Haiti, maybe many would have a better life if they were, but no kidnapped and not turned into sex slaves.

I presume we actually agree on that point?
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|4195|Cleveland, Ohio

ruisleipa wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

i said IF they are not sex slaves they are better off.  would you not agree an orphan from rwanda for example is better off in lets say germany?
Dude, this is what you said at first:

11 Bravo wrote:

who cares why...they are better off out of haiti anyway.
Now you're saying they're only better off out of Haiti if they're not sex slaves. The fact some of them may become sex slaves is enough to worry me, but not you, apparently. I don't know if they'd be better of in Germany. It depends on many things. That is why there are precoedures for international adoption that should be followed. They shouldn't be kidnapped like the US Baptists people did. That was wrong. I'm not saying no child should be adopted from Haiti, maybe many would have a better life if they were, but no kidnapped and not turned into sex slaves.

I presume we actually agree on that point?
i didnt know you were assuming they were sex slaves.  if so i would have revised that statement.
ruisleipa
Member
+149|5180|teh FIN-land

11 Bravo wrote:

i didnt know you were assuming they were sex slaves.  if so i would have revised that statement.
I'm assuming SOME of them are at risk from becoming sex slaves for example, which is enough imo to be very concerned about it...
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|4195|Cleveland, Ohio

ruisleipa wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

i didnt know you were assuming they were sex slaves.  if so i would have revised that statement.
I'm assuming SOME of them are at risk from becoming sex slaves for example, which is enough imo to be very concerned about it...
yet you fail to make a thread about confirmed sex slave trafficking?  sounds like you have some agenda here.
ruisleipa
Member
+149|5180|teh FIN-land

11 Bravo wrote:

yet you fail to make a thread about confirmed sex slave trafficking?  sounds like you have some agenda here.
lol wut??? I love it how people throw out the agenda argument. what possible agenda could I have on an internet forum read by a few dozen people concerning sex trafficking in Haiti? Why would I make a thread about it? And there was I thinking that even you would have to agree with me that possibly trafficking children for sex would be a bad thing, but no...
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|4195|Cleveland, Ohio
ugh,  g'day mate
ruisleipa
Member
+149|5180|teh FIN-land
lol you're such a dick, really. at least I try and respond to questions, and have some kind of arguments. You post stupid, simple statements, ask other people to defend themselves without defending yourself, and then write idiotic replies like your last one when you have nothing interesting to say. Nice trolling.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|4195|Cleveland, Ohio
no you dont.  dont play games bro.
ruisleipa
Member
+149|5180|teh FIN-land
lol you're doing it again. I've explained everything I can. Tell me where here I have refused to argue my points and just playing games? On the other hand, point out where you HAVE offered any arguments or evidence for any of your childish statements? Oh, you haven't. Now who's playing games. Well, this thread has been trolled enough by you I think, so it's time to ignore the little baby (i.e. you) until you actually make a decent post with some kind of discussion in it. byeeeee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard