-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
Oh...a rod?

I was going to go to the pier with these.

https://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/shotgun/sh17/rem870entry.jpg

https://www.fullissue.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/dynamite.jpg

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

Pier as in your municipal public pier, not your backwoods dingy pier.
andros
Banned
+256|4683|HK Chitral, Pakistan

Ilocano wrote:

Yeah, just try pier fishing first.  Pack for a whole day outing.  Get in real early to get the good spots.  Learn patience the easy way.  Just get a small flexible rod for good undercasting.  And "cheat" using some sabiki.

Pier fishing doesn't require permits.  Started my kids into fishing at 4 years old.
ah i see, you're one of those azn cali pier fishermen. (jk but i'm sure you know what i'm talking about, they're pro)

but yeah he's right, i forgot you don't need a fishing license for piers. get on it shifty if you want, just start out  by reading the basics and shit on the net. then once you're there you can ask someone for help or tips or w/e, fishermen are pretty nice)
Philosophy, economics, culture, science, art. <3
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/photos/fishgirlbeercan.jpg
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
gonna try to catch some striped bass on watts bar this weekend
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6352|the land of bourbon
o hai

https://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w171/steelie34/IMG953240.jpg

ignore the douchebag life jacket thats 10 sizes too small
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
lil_droo
+19|1465
got 5 different tuna trips planned in the next 6 weeks out of san diego (mostly overnighters and one 2 day)

i've done a lot of freshwater lately and some surf fishing but shamefully i've only gone offshore twice this year and that was fuckin around on my cousins skiff. lack of offshore was mostly due to corona and other shit

treated myself to a new 40lb setup as well. pulled on like 10 different sticks and went with a united composite. good blend for a solid bait set up and also light artificials, light tip and power bottom. felt so fucking amazing and i paired it up with a 2 speed saltiga. this shit the gucci of rigs. bought a bunch of flatfalls and colt sniper jigs too. already have too many as it is but lol

ready to fuckin slay some bluefin/yellowfin/yellowtail/dorado in the coming weeks :flex:
gang shit
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
I stood in the ankle deep shallows of the long lagoon under a clear night. Comet neowise ripping over head. Shimmering in their hundreds around my feet and field of view, iriko, clear bodied, swam freely over my cupped hands. I brought one to my face, captured tightly between my cupped palms. I gazed at the gyrating metabolism, the internal organs pumping in a circular and rhythmic fashion, I let the dying fellow fall back to the sea for another chance at being before being dinner. /fishing stories
uziq
+492|3423
has androoz been an amazon self-publishing erotic fiction writer all along?
lil_droo
+19|1465

Superior Mind wrote:

I stood in the ankle deep shallows of the long lagoon under a clear night. Comet neowise ripping over head. Shimmering in their hundreds around my feet and field of view, iriko, clear bodied, swam freely over my cupped hands. I brought one to my face, captured tightly between my cupped palms. I gazed at the gyrating metabolism, the internal organs pumping in a circular and rhythmic fashion, I let the dying fellow fall back to the sea for another chance at being before being dinner. /fishing stories
that's beautiful. were u flylining the sardines? what type of shit do u catch in new york i'm not familiar with anything out there.
gang shit
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I'm hoping to catch some brookies in september when I go to the sierras
lil_droo
+19|1465

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I'm hoping to catch some brookies in september when I go to the sierras
which area? eastern sierras?

brookies are a lot of fun and beautiful fish too. you should look into the cottonwood lakes trail since you're into backpacking dude. it's part of the golden trout/john muir wilderness. it's accessed off whitney portal rd. u turn left onto horseshoe meadow and it takes you up there (beautiful views of the owens valley and steep elevation gain, u see the temp dropping like every minute as you're driving up). there's a couple back country lakes the trail takes to you and cottonwood creek itself is easy access. best place to catch a golden trout (it's our state fish if u didn't know)

edit: this is kinda obvious and i'm sure you've already looked into or done it but of course mt. whitney is like one of the most classic hikes lol. highest point in the continental US. i did it as a day hike when i was 19 and that shit kicked my ass but i did it on about 4 hours of sleep and hardly any food, i was super depleted of electrolytes i think and almost got sick at the end. i'm not sure if i could do it as a day hike in my current shape tbh.

Last edited by lil_droo (2020-07-28 17:44:14)

gang shit
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I'm going in through seki but will end up closer to Inyo. A little north of Whitney. Goldens are on the list too but from what I've heard a little tougher to snag. I'm not a fisherperson at all, but I'd like to catch a few for dinner if i can.

I've done Mt Whitney a few times. I'm gonna do it next year. A former coworker used to trail run it in under 3 hours.

I'm supposed to do San Gorgonio at the end of August. Ever done that one? Highest peak in LA. I think it's 18+ miles round trip. I'm gonna hike most of the way up the first night and summit/return on the second night.
lil_droo
+19|1465

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I'm going in through seki but will end up closer to Inyo. A little north of Whitney. Goldens are on the list too but from what I've heard a little tougher to snag. I'm not a fisherperson at all, but I'd like to catch a few for dinner if i can.

I've done Mt Whitney a few times. I'm gonna do it next year. A former coworker used to trail run it in under 3 hours.

I'm supposed to do San Gorgonio at the end of August. Ever done that one? Highest peak in LA. I think it's 18+ miles round trip. I'm gonna hike most of the way up the first night and summit/return on the second night.
running up whitney? fuck that's crazy lol. nice tho i haven't done san gorgonio yet, some day maybe. would be cool to check it out being the highest peak in socal after all like u said. i've done mt. baldy/san antonio 3 times which is the highest peak in the san gabes. 1 summer hike and 2 winter/early spring ascents (skiied the north face both times). also hiked many other peaks and trails in the san gabriels over the years since they're my local mountains.

san jacinto would be legit too. i've done the tram ride up (really cool btw) but never hiked to the peak. i'm sure at some point i'll hike san gorgonio and jacinto but who knows when tbh. most of my hiking has been done with fishing or skiing in mind as the main priority (the exercise and being in beautiful environments is a great bonus of course). i've done some gnarly hikes bushwhacking and boulder hopping etc just to fish relatively untouched sections of back country rivers and lakes etc.
gang shit
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Check this link if you're interested in hiking socal mountains

https://sixpackofpeaks.com/socal/
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Caught this catfish in the Chesapeake Bay back in June when my friend's dad took us fishing on his new boat.

https://i.redd.it/uykfalb0uh351.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard