mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6714|Sydney, Australia
Heh, what a cunt.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

ire someone who actually takes pride in their work and doesn't treat it all like some fucking joke.
TSA? Take pride in their work?

BAG CHECK!
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5230|Cleveland, Ohio
everyone in this world should do security like el al.  ask most people in the business and they will agree.  sadly we care too much about peoples feelings to be safe.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York

11 Bravo wrote:

everyone in this world should do security like el al.  ask most people in the business and they will agree.  sadly we care too much about peoples feelings to be safe.
this

Ben Gurion Airport/El Al are the safest airport/airline. Because they profile.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6642

Poseidon wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

this

It's important to note it's not racial profiling. They just look out for shifty looking fuckers.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6614|London, England

11 Bravo wrote:

to be safe. Who gives a shit. I'd rather not have to live a stupid life just so I can be "safe from the boogey men" all these idiots who want all this bullshit under the guise of "safety" can fuck themselves
11 Bravo
Banned

Mekstizzle wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

to be safe. Who gives a shit. I'd rather not have to live a stupid life just so I can be "safe from the boogey men" all these idiots who want all this bullshit under the guise of "safety" can fuck themselves
what?  look Mek.  you can give your opinion and thats fine.   i prefer results when it comes to peoples lives.  TSA fails not because they are terrible.  they fail because they are just window dressing.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York

ghettoperson wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

this

It's important to note it's not racial profiling. They just look out for shifty looking fuckers.
if you don't think they're gonna profile someone with a turban more than they're gonna profile someone wearing a tefillin, you're kidding yourself
ghettoperson
+1,943|6642

Poseidon wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

this

if you don't think they're gonna profile someone with a turban more than they're gonna profile someone wearing a tefillin, you're kidding yourself
I don't know about that, I read a pretty interesting article about it (which I'm sure I posted on here somewhere) and they said they didn't bother with it, it was a waste of time. They just train their staff to be able to read people really well.

EDIT: Oh and also, people who wear turbans are Sikhs. That right there is a pretty good example of why racial profiling is a bad idea.

Last edited by ghettoperson (2010-02-02 08:56:50)

Mekstizzle
WALKER

11 Bravo wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

what?  look Mek.  you can give your opinion and thats fine.   i prefer results when it comes to peoples lives.  TSA fails not because they are terrible.  they fail because they are just window dressing.
No I wasn't talking specifically about TSA or anything, infact I don't even know what El Al do over others that is so much better. I'm just saying, I don't like silly/extreme measures put in place under the guise of safety
11 Bravo
Banned

Mekstizzle wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

No I wasn't talking specifically about TSA or anything, infact I don't even know what El Al do over others that is so much better. I'm just saying, I don't like silly/extreme measures put in place under the guise of safety
el al = jews.  if they did security like england or the US, a plane a week would blow up.  they dont do "silly" measures as you call it.  its not silly what they do.  not at all.  it works.  so, do some research and you will see results trump opinions.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Yeah exactly, if they did it like we do a plane a week would blow up. Funny how a plane a week doesn't blow up over here then. People do what they have to do based on their situations. Don't see how that means we copy them, the threat doesn't require that, for them it does.

I still don't even know what they do so different over everyone else.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6674|Disaster Free Zone
Bah, what's the world come to when you can't make terrorist jokes in airports any more. Especially when you have your unshaven Pakistani friend with you.
13rin
+977|6472
Fire the unprofessional TSA worker.  You will be detained and possible charged if you make a joke at the gates however TSA workers can?  As to racial profiling.  It may not have occurred in the post Bush pre x-mas bomber -but it is now back.  And I don't care.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Is it really back, you guys are racially profiling all Nigerians, or black people now?
13rin
+977|6472

Mekstizzle wrote:

Is it really back, you guys are racially profiling all Nigerians, or black people now?
Well it's a "secret".  But what would you guess??
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
ruisleipa
+149|6215|teh FIN-land

ghettoperson wrote:

EDIT: Oh and also, people who wear turbans are Sikhs. That right there is a pretty good example of why racial profiling is a bad idea.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911

Mekstizzle wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Every piece of luggage is hand searched twice. Put through X-ray and spectrometer.  They are then put into a pressure vessel to simulate the conditions of flight and finally every bag is also swabbed to take chemical and electrical readings to determine what has been in the bag.
Every passenger is individually interviewed twice as to reason for coming or leaving, where they intend to go or have been and for how long. Their shoes are taken and swabs taken and tested similar to the bags and frisked. All while under guard by armed military with dogs, along with all your standard metal detectors and such.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2010-02-02 09:44:08)

ruisleipa
+149|6215|teh FIN-land

DrunkFace wrote:

Every piece of luggage is hand searched twice. Put through X-ray and spectrometer.  They are then put into a pressure vessel to simulate the conditions of flight and finally every bag is also swabbed to take chemical and electrical readings to determine what has been in the bag.
Every passenger is individually interviewed twice as to reason for coming or leaving, where they intend to go or have been and for how long. Their shoes are taken and swabs taken and tested similar to the bags and frisked. All while under guard by armed military with dogs, along with all your standard metal detectors and such.
fuckin hell.

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
Ohh I forgot to mention all their planes also have counter measures, such as chaff and flares. The only other non military planes to have such is Air Force One.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Ok so technically Air Force One 1 is military... but you get the idea

Last edited by DrunkFace (2010-02-02 09:52:30)

Mekstizzle
WALKER

DrunkFace wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

you gotta be fucking shitting me

usmarine's definitely bullshitting if he says that everyone in the airline industry wants this, but if he is right then the airline industry deserves to continue its downward spiral into the depths of hell

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-02-02 12:27:07)

"that's not my baggie, mine has a pink tint"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard