Phrozenbot
+632|6608|do not disturb

Anyone still play this? These new games don't really cut it for me.
[I made the video. Bored.]
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Doom 3's machine gun sounded like an obnoxious sewing machine. Hell on your ears. I preferred (and still prefer) Doom 1/2.
Phrozenbot
+632|6608|do not disturb

I got the Id Super pack on steam recently. Playing Quake as of now.

I should add you on xfire.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6835|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Loved the video. Loved the fact that instead of some random killing video you catch the atmosphere of utter loneliness and hopelessness.

Doom 3 was the last good ID game. Quake 4 was meh.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

I liked Doom 3.

But the expansion pack wasn't much.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6701|Charlie One Alpha
Doom 3 is nothing to be nostalgic about, IMO.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Phrozenbot
+632|6608|do not disturb

There is a coop mod where up to 4 other people can play with each other (might be more than that). You can play SP or last man standing. Works for Doom 3 and ROE.

Sydney wrote:

Loved the video. Loved the fact that instead of some random killing video you catch the atmosphere of utter loneliness and hopelessness.
Thanks!
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6341|Belfast
I still play Doom 2
Chou
+737|6783
Great video, kudos!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

henno13 wrote:

I still play Doom 2
MEIN LEBEN!
Phrozenbot
+632|6608|do not disturb

Marinejuana, and I have been playing coop together. t0mhnk5 is supposed to play with us too. Last Man Standing mod: (DL link)
Steam = Phrozenbot.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

henno13 wrote:

I still play Doom 2
MEIN LEBEN!
Nope, that's Wolfenstein 3D.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

globefish23 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

henno13 wrote:

I still play Doom 2
MEIN LEBEN!
Nope, that's Wolfenstein 3D.
No...that was also Doom 2, or did you not find the secret levels? back atcha.

Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6431|King Of The Islands

You're nostalgic.

About Doom Three?

Fucking kids.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

Yeah so Doom 3 was where iD lost their crown as the epic producers of new 3D tech and got relegated to the over-the-hill corridor shooter dev team clinging to former technical glory as the Unreal crew ran away with their crown laughing their asses off.

Quake 3 motherfuckers, now there's some quality fraggin. For true nostalgia, nothing beats the insane vision that was Quake. (YOU KNOW THE FUCKING ONE WITH CRAZY BADSHIT NECRONOMICON MONSTERS LIKE THE SHAMBLER AND EPIC, EPIC, EPIC REZNOR SOUNDS?)

Before Romero left the company and all originality was lost. Then again, Romero pretty much failed at life after iD. Still, he helped found Ion Storm and was somehow involved in Deus Ex. So, not all was bad.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Have Quake 1, 2 and 3 in desk in a collectors pack.

Last edited by Flecco (2010-01-25 04:14:40)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria
I loved the SMG in Quake 2.
IIRC, it was the first time that a weapon in a FPS game had recoil.
Until then, you always had perfectly steady aim like the Terminator or Robocop.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Flecco wrote:

For true nostalgia, nothing beats the insane vision that was Quake.
True nostalgia is actually shutting a door in your friend's face, locking him in a room with a cyberdemon and a handgun. THAT was Doom happiness.
Phrozenbot
+632|6608|do not disturb

Cheez wrote:

You're nostalgic.

About Doom Three?

Fucking kids.
The only recent games that I've found highly enjoyable are Left 4 Dead 1 and 2. Doom 3 may have emphasized on graphics too much, but it's the perfect balance between artistic design and realism. The ultra fancy graphics don't impress me anymore.

Now if you want me to get really nostalgic, you can dig up a thread I made about emulation to play old NES games on your computer online with friends... it didn't get as much attention as I thought it would.

So how many years have to pass before you can be honestly nostalgic about something? I miss the days of BF2 before all the terrible patches and when people use to actually play most of the maps, and this was a few years after Doom 3.

Last edited by Phrozenbot (2010-01-26 02:32:52)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Phrozenbot wrote:

Cheez wrote:

You're nostalgic.

About Doom Three?

Fucking kids.
The only recent games that I've found highly enjoyable are Left 4 Dead 1 and 2. Doom 3 may have emphasized on graphics too much, but it's the perfect balance between artistic design and realism. The ultra fancy graphics don't impress me anymore.

Now if you want me to get really nostalgic, you can dig up a thread I made about emulation to play old NES games on your computer online with friends... it didn't get as much attention as I thought it would.

So how many years have to pass before you can be honestly nostalgic about something? I miss the days of BF2 before all the terrible patches and when people use to actually play most of the maps, and this was a few years after Doom 3.
Doom 3 was criticized for snot-coated textures and limited multiplayer, regardless of how advanced its engine was, how many imps popped out of vents or how many times your character was locked down to watch an in-game cinematic. I enjoyed it, but I found Doom 1 and 2 to be thoroughly more enjoyable and complete.
Phrozenbot
+632|6608|do not disturb

I've played a little bit of Doom II. It's actually a bit hard, for me at least. It's fun but those games were easy to get lost in. I wouldn't mind playing online with someone.

Doom 3's shiny bump map look made it clear you were still playing a video game. There comes a point where you should just go outside if you want to play a game that looks photo realistic.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Phrozenbot wrote:

I've played a little bit of Doom II. It's actually a bit hard, for me at least. It's fun but those games were easy to get lost in. I wouldn't mind playing online with someone.

Doom 3's shiny bump map look made it clear you were still playing a video game. There comes a point where you should just go outside if you want to play a game that looks photo realistic.
Doom 3's machine gun made it sound like I was shooting a sewing machine.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

Only good scene from the movie really.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Phrozenbot
+632|6608|do not disturb

It feels more like a rail shooter. So did you have the luxury of viewing it in theaters?
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6336

Flecco wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpb13mDBP1I

Only good scene from the movie really.
Somehow watching that made me dizzy.
Had to concentrate hardly though, cause the sun was shining and I couldn´t see good.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6637
when I played the game I actually liked it good game

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard