Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6541|Texas - Bigger than France
I'm waiting Obama.  I haven't seen anything which is living up to the hype.  And I voted for you.

Hurry the fuck up.

Why do I feel this way?  Anyone else feel like Obama is living up to expectations?  Do you think the media honeymoon is showing cracks yet?  How long until the argument "not as bad as Bush" become moot?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
He'd have to start three wars to be worse.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6809|Nårvei

To early to sum it up just yet don't you think ...

Imo he is undertaking some major changes that may cost him his second term ... we'll see ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
It became moot when he asked for record coin to fund wars, bailout # 2, realized cap and trade was something they actually believe.

And people realized the guy has no experience, stands for nothing and wonder wtf he is doing there.

He is like the American Idol president, the one that wins but has no real business being there, like the ' flying without wings guy '.
Pug

Dilbert_X wrote:

He'd have to start three wars to be worse.
Okay, but maintaining the current one doesn't hold any water?
Pug

Varegg wrote:

To early to sum it up just yet don't you think ...

Imo he is undertaking some major changes that may cost him his second term ... we'll see ...
Too early?

He's served 1/4 of the term I voted him in for....
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6289|Éire

Pug wrote:

I'm waiting Obama.  I haven't seen anything which is living up to the hype.  And I voted for you.

Hurry the fuck up.

Why do I feel this way?  Anyone else feel like Obama is living up to expectations?  Do you think the media honeymoon is showing cracks yet?  How long until the argument "not as bad as Bush" become moot?
Isn't he trying to implement fundamental change to the healthcare system???

A change which looks deemed to fail now as a result of the Republican's winning of Ted Kennedy's old seat... American politics will probably never change in any fundamental way under the two party system.

Personally, I knew Obama wouldn't live up to the hype... I'm just glad he's not John McCain or Sarah Palin!
Pug

Braddock wrote:

A change which looks deemed to fail now as a result of the Republican's winning of Ted Kennedy's old seat... American politics will probably never change in any fundamental way under the two party system.

Personally, I knew Obama wouldn't live up to the hype... I'm just glad he's not John McCain or Sarah Palin!
Well, my thought on that is...well if it was soooo awesome...why isn't it flying thru congress?
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6289|Éire

Pug wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Well, my thought on that is...well if it was soooo awesome...why isn't it flying thru congress?
Because Republicans fundamentally disagree with the principle and are doing everything in their power to shoot it down... to the point where they are inventing hypothetical scenarios involving "death panels", lol.
Pug
And when other presidents had a bill the other party didn't have opposition?

The Dems HAVE a majority and can't pass it?

Come on man...that doesn't lie at the feet of the Republicans
Benzin
+576|5998
Pug, clearly the Dems are also not all unified. Just because you're in the same party does not always mean you are going to vote along party lines. Think.
Pug

CapnNismo wrote:

Pug, clearly the Dems are also not all unified. Just because you're in the same party does not always mean you are going to vote along party lines. Think.
um, isn't that for brad?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD

Pug wrote:

And when other presidents had a bill the other party didn't have opposition?

The Dems HAVE a majority and can't pass it?

Come on man...that doesn't lie at the feet of the Republicans
Seriously. When Bush was in power, the Republicans didn't have a super majority and they still got a lot of stuff passed.

Braddock while I think you're partially right, I think the other part of the problem is not the letter next to their names but the idea. Maybe a lot of Republicans and even some Dems don't like the current idea of health reform.

Maybe they want some REAL discussion on it, not with just a few selected "elites" behind closed doors. Obama promised that all the negotiations would be on CSPAN but now they're just trying to ram it through as quickly as possible, even if it means keeping the American people who are the ones who will be affected by this bill in the dark.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

Braddock wrote:

Pug wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Because Republicans fundamentally disagree with the principle and are doing everything in their power to shoot it down... to the point where they are inventing hypothetical scenarios involving "death panels", lol.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_u2aiR-t24t0/SsPhZtkBUiI/AAAAAAAAB5I/y_ASftYMxP8/s400/AlanGrayson.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

Pug wrote:

Hurry the fuck up.

Well, firstly, what were your expectations.

My feeling is that he tried to do too much too quickly.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Pug

Spark wrote:

Well, firstly, what were your expectations.

My feeling is that he tried to do too much too quickly.
I expected something
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
What's the point of voting for Obama in Texas. That's what I hate about this type of democracy, for us it's constituencies. The only one's that really matter are the swing states/constituencies cos they're the only one's that ultimately decide the outcome of an election, but then it means that basically it's these places that can run the show.

Then again, places which tend to swing from party to party are generally more intelligent than the blind pro-xyz areas so it's not all bad having them decide elections.
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6179
I think Obama is a joke. He has done nothing he promised he would do. There is NO transparency...where are the Cspan debates, where is the promise that the people would have a chance to read and see these bills. He is doing nothing that separates him from any other idiot politician. He is a typical politician. Say and promise anything to get elected and then follow the party line once in office.

It is funny how memories are so short in here. Look at what he has done in less than a year. He has spent more money in one year than ALL previous presidents combined. He has used special interests groups as much as anyone or more. He has coddled to big money, banks, oil, etc. He deals behind closed doors and ear marks, that he said he wouldn't allow any more, number in the thousands. He promised to bring home the soldiers and yet we are expanding into Afghanistan and spending is increasing when it comes to the wars.

And what is with all these stupid unelected czars that permeate this government. I dont see myself as republican or democrat, I just wish people would get into this government, do what they say and work for us! Our government is out of control, more than ever and feels like it can do whatever it wants, when it wants regardless of what people want or think. Massachusetts may open their eyes, but I doubt it.
Commie Killer
+192|6386

Mekstizzle wrote:

What's the point of voting for Obama in Texas. That's what I hate about this type of democracy, for us it's constituencies. The only one's that really matter are the swing states/constituencies cos they're the only one's that ultimately decide the outcome of an election, but then it means that basically it's these places that can run the show.

Then again, places which tend to swing from party to party are generally more intelligent than the blind pro-xyz areas so it's not all bad having them decide elections.
Our electoral system is a contradiction, our electoral districts are set up on the premise of 1 person = one vote but the electoral college systems works that 1 vote is not always equal to another. The general idea I can pull from the system is it was designed to stop a ill-informed populace from destroying the country, and also to protect the country as a whole, not just the area with the most vote, e.g. cities, formally farms. While realistically it is only a small portion of the states electing the president(and an even smaller number of people), I actually do not see a better way.

The transfer of information is much more effective now then it was in the days when the system was created, and the people have access to much more knowledge, but that creates other problems. Much of the information out there that is presented as fact is biased and flat out wrong, and many people do not stop to think about that. Building on that, many people suffer from an overload of the information, and often the wrong information, for example, political commercials, rumors circulated around election day, etc. I remember during the 2000 election some teachers were telling us, the students(at this time in 3rd Grade in my case), that Bush wanted to make us go to school on Saturdays, and Gore was going to make us wear uniforms and go to school from 7AM until 530PM. This from teachers, those who we trust to tell us the right information, the facts, to teach us about the things we don't know.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2010-01-20 15:41:13)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6404|North Carolina
If you want real change, move to another country.  Anything short of that is likely to be disappointing in the long run.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6410|'Murka

Braddock wrote:

Pug wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Wrong. Republicans don't disagree with the principle of health care reform. They just disagree with this steaming pile of crap that Obama, Reid, and Pelosi are trying to railroad through with bribery, zero transparency, and various other less-than-above board tactics. All of which, btw, are completely at odds with the way Obama said he would run things when he was campaigning.

Any good that there may have been in the original idea--if there ever was any--has been bastardized by pork to the point that passing this bill would do more harm than good. Better to scrap it and start over...with a true bipartisan approach, rather than lip service to the same.

Come November, they won't have any other option than bipartisan approaches.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

Braddock wrote:

Amen.

Shame Chuck Hagel didn't run.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6548|San Diego, CA, USA

Mekstizzle wrote:

I feel ya being a Concervative in the middle of Southern California.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Funny how it's becoming as trendy to slam Obama as it used to be to worship the ground he trod upon. In all, I'm seeing a lot less Obumper-stickers around.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

FEOS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Pug wrote:

Wrong. Republicans don't disagree with the principle of health care reform. They just disagree with this steaming pile of crap that Obama, Reid, and Pelosi are trying to railroad through with bribery, zero transparency, and various other less-than-above board tactics. All of which, btw, are completely at odds with the way Obama said he would run things when he was campaigning.

Any good that there may have been in the original idea--if there ever was any--has been bastardized by pork to the point that passing this bill would do more harm than good. Better to scrap it and start over...with a true bipartisan approach, rather than lip service to the same.

Come November, they won't have any other option than bipartisan approaches.

Someone on CSpan wrote:

people are not dying - America doesn't need health care
I shit you not, I heard those words on C-Span.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard