Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
'99 Subaru Impreza WRC will always remain one of my all time favourite cars.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum
evos > imprezas by a long way. both to look at, and in terms of performance.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5260

FatherTed wrote:

evos > imprezas by a long way. both to look at, and in terms of performance.
lol
Shadow893
lel
+75|6702|England

ghettoperson wrote:

Not much, apparently the main reason insurance is so high when your young is because they're shit scared that you're going to kill someone and they've gotta pay out a million quid. Hence why there isn't *that* much difference in insurance cost between a Focus and a Ferrari; they're sure you're a killing machine no matter what vehicle you're in.
how old is dauntles though? if hes the same age as you then yeah its the assumption that all young people (check: males) will crash within a week of driving.

and i know how ridiculous it is. to insure my '95 corolla 1.3 is 2k a year. ¬.¬
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6268|B.C. Canada
That black on in the OP is the very car I fell in love with and I am very determined to buy it in the future. I was at a trade show seen it, sat in it and I yelled to the car salesman "holy fuck, this is my car". To bad I am not rich.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum
also while we're on this vein of cars, R34 > all

Last edited by FatherTed (2010-01-16 11:23:59)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Benzin
+576|6008

Mekstizzle wrote:

I see it like this.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … RA_GC8.jpg

[ ] First Gen STi fail

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … /RB320.jpg

[ ] Second Gen STi fail

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … _front.jpg

[X] Third Gen Hatchback STi fail
You're missing a generation. Your "second" is actually a third. The hatchback has also been out for like 2 years in the third gen form. Saw it at the Vienna Auto Show in Jan 2008.

Well nvm. Ignore what I wrote. Depends on what market you're in, I suppose.

Last edited by CapnNismo (2010-01-16 11:45:01)

CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6140|Carnoustie MASSIF

FatherTed wrote:

My 21 year old mate who works for BMW drives a 650hp R33 GTR...
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5260
bet he has a 5in dick
CammRobb
Banned

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

bet he has a 5in dick
No, but he is only 5 foot 4

Edit: I actually don't know how big his penis is

Last edited by CammRobb (2010-01-16 11:46:09)

Benzin
+576|6008

CammRobb wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

My 21 year old mate who works for BMW drives a 650hp R33 GTR...
Watch Fast and the Furious (the first one) and you see that yellow R33? That's Bigbird. First R33 imported to the USA under MotoRex (the owner was arrested a few years ago with a lot of violent charges). Was originally white, set the Pike Peaks record when driven by Rhys Millen. The car was then picked up for the film and painted yellow for the film, but they never did the jams or the engine bay - a real cheapo paint job. It was owned by Sean Morris then, a former employee (maybe part owner, i cant remember) of MotoRex.

Morris has/had a specialty GTR shop in City of Industry, CA (I can't remember the name). He wanted to rebuild the car but never got around to it. Sold it to my friend (owner of the former race shop Cool Cat Racing) and they never got around to rebuilding it either (had an R32 and an R33 already, mind you, and these are expensive cars to maintain outside of Japan) and they sold it to someone.

Love GTRs, they're fabulous machines. I personally have a special place in my heart for the R32, though. Looks the sexiest, IMO. Got to drive that R32 briefly, too and almost got arrested with my friend while he was driving it. Been racing in it, too - just a beast of a machine, an absolute beast. I'm aiming for the newest GTR when I'm much older, though. I'd love to have one of those.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

CapnNismo wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

I see it like this.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … RA_GC8.jpg

[ ] First Gen STi fail

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … /RB320.jpg

[ ] Second Gen STi fail

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … _front.jpg

[X] Third Gen Hatchback STi fail
You're missing a generation. Your "second" is actually a third. The hatchback has also been out for like 2 years in the third gen form. Saw it at the Vienna Auto Show in Jan 2008.

Well nvm. Ignore what I wrote. Depends on what market you're in, I suppose.
I know there's loads of variations of Subaru's, they kept on giving it a facelift every year or so. You could categorise Impreza's on a year by year basis, or you could split them into generations. The first gen is where things are all squarey. The second is when they changed things around to a more typical modern rounder look and the third is an even bigger change.
Benzin
+576|6008
You're missing the one where the STi actually came to the USA as the STi, i.e. the one in the OP with the gold rims

Last edited by CapnNismo (2010-01-16 12:20:28)

rdx-fx
+955|6601

VicktorVauhn wrote:

STI's are only cars you buy for looks if your a fucking little wanna be import kid.

Real world they are all ugly and only made for driving. Its lucky they are damn good at that.
Well, yeah.

If you live anywhere where there's an actual winter, with snow and ice, a Subaru is a brilliant vehicle to own.

All wheel drive, low center of gravity, proper front/rear weight balance, decent torque, and exceptionally reliable.
Everything that made it a great rally car platform (back in the day), makes it a great winter car.

From 1996-2000, it was a decent looking car.  Not flashy, not sporty, but very appealing from a "form follows function" aesthetic.
From 2001 until today, the design has gotten progressively uglier.
Today, the WRX is outright hideous to look at.
"Hey! let's take the aesthetics of a 1980's Honda Civic hatchback! and.. >puff, puff<  add in some retro 1970's American Muscle Car queues.. and >puff, puff, giggle, giggle< top it all off with some >giggle, giggle< 1990's Ricer bling!!"

The wife owns the 2009 Subaru here, not I.
Mine is the 1996/1998/1999 frankenbeast in the garage.

m3thod wrote:

do you race rdx?
Not cars.
Helped build them for friends that raced though.

Any racing I've done has been on motorcycles.
Starting with the 1989 FZR 1000.

Skydiving is fun,  nap-of-earth flying in a blackhawk is cool, playing with C4 is great, but 200mph on a motorcycle is just insane.
(and sex is far to the left of the above continuum)
Traded it all in for a wife and kids.
Would gladly trade it all back.  In a heartbeat.  Except for my little girl - I keep her. 
Give me an M4, a uniform, a Sapper tab, President's Hundred Tab (next year..), and a 2010 YZF-R1
Benzin
+576|6008
https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/551/0427061207.jpg

That's Big Bird... no idea what he's looking like since this photo was taken, though. It's about 4 years old that pic.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

CapnNismo wrote:

You're missing the one where the STi actually came to the USA as the STi, i.e. the one in the OP with the gold rims
Huh, I was just talking about Impreza's anyway. Macclesfield is obviously make some sort of Sexually Transmitted Disease thread/troll attempt or whatever, but I was just talking about Impreza's
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum

Mekstizzle wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Huh, I was just talking about Impreza's anyway. Macclesfield is obviously make some sort of Sexually Transmitted Disease thread/troll attempt or whatever, but I was just talking about Impreza's
i live near macclesfield when im in england. im also rather tipsy atm.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
rdx-fx
+955|6601
I liked my Nissan.  Good little everyday driver.  Right up until the off-spec bullshit parts they added in Smyrna, Tenn. started falling apart.

All of the "Made in Nippon" parts were in perfect condition.  All of the parts added when it was "made in Smyrna, Tenn", rusted out, snapped, broke, failed, or otherwise went to shit.

[sarcasm] Gee, how I love UAW.  Making the American Engineer look like a fucking idiot since 1949 [/sarcasm]
Mekstizzle
WALKER
It's the gentry nickname for Macbeth.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum
macclesfield is no compliment.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
rdx-fx
+955|6601

FatherTed wrote:

i live near macclesfield when im in england. im also rather tipsy atm.
Fuck it.

Father Ted has the right idea.

2pm here.  Close enough
CammRobb
Banned
I'm just away to the shop for a 4 pack to watch the football with.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum
4 packs are for pussies.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mekstizzle
WALKER

FatherTed wrote:

macclesfield is no compliment.
indeed
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum
i had the (mis)fortune of going there for GCSE/A-levels.

whyyyyy did i turn down manchester gram D:
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard