eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
quit calling haiti the island.  its not even half of the island.

Im half dominican
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5229|Cleveland, Ohio
dumb in a can.

some rican marine told me that.  yall hate ricans or somethin?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
ha, I never heard that one.  Ive just been called platano head before.  I guess you people would say plantains.

actually, most dominicans dislike haitians more than puto ricans
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned

eleven bravo wrote:

ha, I never heard that one.  Ive just been called platano head before.  I guess you people would say plantains.

actually, most dominicans dislike haitians more than puto ricans
ya they would rip eachother back and forth.  i dunno.
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

11 Bravo wrote:

forget the quake for a second.  just imagine the island void of any people.  its a tropical paradise tbh.  a neighbor of mine was there about 15 years back.  saw some of his pictures.  very pretty place.

so.  why is it such a shithole?
Mainly cos bigger world powers like the USA and France have been using/abusing them for decades imo.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
Im barely dominican though.  My mom is dominican but her father was lebanese/syrian immigrant in the DR and her mother was italian/spanish 2nd generation dominican.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom

ruisleipa wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

forget the quake for a second.  just imagine the island void of any people.  its a tropical paradise tbh.  a neighbor of mine was there about 15 years back.  saw some of his pictures.  very pretty place.

Mainly cos bigger world powers like the USA and France have been using/abusing them for decades imo.
the US was far from a world power for the for 130 years haiti was around.  How do you explain that?
Tu Stultus Es
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6357|California
I wish I could go help, but being American, school is always first, okay only for 50% of the students.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
Or, even more true, the Dominican Republic has arguably been mettled with by the United States far more than Haiti has, yet the DR is beverly hills compared to Haiti.  Up until the middle of the 1800's haiti actually occupied the DR as a foreign invader.  so before you start criticizing the US again you should look a little more deeply into that island's history instead of resorting to your generic, typical and cliched anti Americanism

Its ok for every other country in the world to occupy countries except for the United States right?

Last edited by eleven bravo (2010-01-26 23:40:11)

Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned

eleven bravo wrote:

Or, even more true, the Dominican Republic has arguably been mettled with by the United States far more than Haiti has, yet the DR is beverly hills compared to Haiti.  Up until the middle of the 1800's haiti actually occupied the DR as a foreign invader.  so before you start criticizing the US again you should look a little more deeply into that island's history instead of resorting to your generic, typical and cliched anti Americanism
shot out
11 Bravo
Banned

ruisleipa wrote:

l o l

go answer eleven bravo
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS

ruisleipa wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

which is why there were masses cheering and waving as blackhawks flew over head, about ten years ago.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
11 Bravo
Banned
what do we use haiti for?  cuba is for cigars so...what?  PR is for rum.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
its a shit hole because it had 32 coups since independence.  they had 32 coups because independence was gain by slave rebellion.  people in servitude for so long generally dont have strong political traditions.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom

11 Bravo wrote:

what do we use haiti for?  cuba is for cigars so...what?  PR is for rum.
Haiti used to be the worlds top supplier of sugar years ago. now they have only 2% of their country forested.  lack of arable land leads to economic chaos in a country that has only known angriculture.
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
well it should be a tourism place tbh.  they need to get their shit together.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
The DR is plagued with illegal haitian immigration
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
as much as we dont like the "terrible white investor."  i think this is a good time to turn that place around and make it a travel destination.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS

11 Bravo wrote:

as much as we dont like the "terrible white investor."  i think this is a good time to turn that place around and make it a travel destination.
that's actually a really good idea

Spoiler (highlight to read):
CB YOU BASTARD YOU BROKE MY 666

Last edited by Spark (2010-01-27 03:12:56)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6402|'Murka

Earthquake theme park?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard