CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6130|Carnoustie MASSIF

.Sup wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Sony laptops in general are better built than HP.  HP laptops in general are crap, btw.
I can spend $1000 for a laptop or the same thing from Sony for $1500 ......
or same configuration from Apple for 2500$
Lols
Or better performance for £500 in a desktop.

Last edited by CammRobb (2010-01-14 13:29:24)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

SEREMAKER wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

nver understand the popularity of Sony Vaio ..... its just a name you're buying there ...... with my lappy I found the exact same specs and software for about $500 less in a HP compared to a Sony
Sony laptops in general are better built than HP.  HP laptops in general are crap, btw.
Yes, but the Sony internals would generally be of higher quality.  HP screens have a history of crapping out.

Home laptops:
An HP, a Compaq, two Dell's, and a Sony.  The HP PCA Invertor died after a year.  The compaq battery died in six months.  Dells and Sony going strong.

Compaq used to be great, but not so anymore since the takeover from HP.
13rin
+977|6479
I love my Vaio.  Had it for several years, and yet to have an issue with it.  I upgraded the ram to 2 gigs.  It even runs BF2 without any problems. 

In talking to a tech support person yesterday, she gave her opinion on laptops. It was Vaio>dell>hp>IBM
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
CammRobb
Banned

Ilocano wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Yes, but the Sony internals would generally be of higher quality.  HP screens have a history of crapping out.

Home laptops:
An HP, a Compaq, two Dell's, and a Sony.  The HP PCA Invertor died after a year.  The compaq battery died in six months.  Dells and Sony going strong.

I've got a Presario CQ60, had it for six months and it's fine.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6568|Mountains of NC

so you're taking your experience and forming a theory of HP lappys

you seem to either go through alot of laptops or love having one in the bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen, porch and garage
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

CammRobb wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Home laptops:

Let us know the status after the warranty expires.

SEREMAKER wrote:

you seem to either go through alot of laptops or love having one in the bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen, porch and garage
HP was my first laptop from years ago.  Compaq is for my nephew who lives with us.  One Dell is my travel gaming pc.  The other Dell is my bills/photos/media laptop.  The Sony is my wife's.  I have another Dell for work, which replaced an IBM Thinkpad.

I also have 5 Dell Mini 9's, but that's another story.

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-01-14 13:55:22)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6738|Toronto | Canada

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Vaio>dell>hp>IBM

IBM = Lenovo = best laptops atm.  I'd put Dell above Vaio for price/performance too.
CammRobb
Banned

Ilocano wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Home laptops:

Haha, wait. Actually it's fucked up already, the battery charger/cable fucked up.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

CammRobb wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

Haha, wait. Actually it's fucked up already, the battery charger/cable fucked up.
Looks like the same thing that happened to my Compaq.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone

Ilocano wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

x3
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
CammRobb
Banned

Ilocano wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

It wasn't a problem with the battery, it was the cable that goes into the lappy to charge it.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

CammRobb wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

It wasn't a problem with the battery, it was the cable that goes into the lappy to charge it.
My bad.  In my case, I meant the charger unit, not the battery.

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-01-14 13:59:30)

13/f/taiwan
+940|5698

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

just buy notebooks from wal-mart for $.15 for 70 sheets and a few pens.
if your american you would do this
yeah brad, a pen and paper is much more better.
.Sup
be nice
battery and charger here, Cam & Ilo
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

ffs just get a voice recorder ............. or if money is no issue and name brand is a swing for you then let me introduce you to this

https://www.amitbhawani.com/Images/A/Alienware-Gaming-Laptop.jpg

its big - expensive ........ swidsh chicks will give you a handjob everytime you pull this bad boy out
.Sup
be nice

SEREMAKER wrote:

........ swidsh chicks will give you a handjob everytime you pull this bad boy out
I can personally confirm this
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

SEREMAKER wrote:

Retake:

I pretty much grew up with technology.  Reminded me about it just this last weekend.  At the dining table, I had my work laptop, checking email.  Next to it, my media laptop, going over recent holiday pictures.  Next to me, my wife, chatting away with friends on facebook on her laptop.  Across the way in the living room, nephew on the family PC chatting away on Yahoo IM.  My two boys, each on their own XBox, one attached to the main tv, the other to a smaller LCD.

And yeah, our electric bill is horrendous...

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-01-14 14:50:07)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Ilocano wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Retake:

I pretty much grew up with technology.  Reminded me about it just this last weekend.  At the dining table, I had my work laptop, checking email.  Next to it, my media laptop, going over recent holiday pictures.  Next to me on the table, my wife, chatting away with friends on facebook on her laptop.  Across the way in the living room, nephew on the family PC chatting away on Yahoo IM.  My two boys, each on their own XBox, one attached to the main tv, the other to a smaller LCD.

fuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkk

trip the circuit breaker and I wonder whos the first to start cussing
bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland

SEREMAKER wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Retake:

I pretty much grew up with technology.  Reminded me about it just this last weekend.  At the dining table, I had my work laptop, checking email.  Next to it, my media laptop, going over recent holiday pictures.  Next to me on the table, my wife, chatting away with friends on facebook on her laptop.  Across the way in the living room, nephew on the family PC chatting away on Yahoo IM.  My two boys, each on their own XBox, one attached to the main tv, the other to a smaller LCD.

fuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkk

trip the circuit breaker and I wonder whos the first to start cussing
guys on the xbox n desktop cos the laptops have batteries
VicktorVauhn
+319|6391|Southern California

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I love my Vaio.  Had it for several years, and yet to have an issue with it.  I upgraded the ram to 2 gigs.  It even runs BF2 without any problems. 

In talking to a tech support person yesterday, she gave her opinion on laptops. It was Vaio>dell>hp>IBM
I talked to a tech support person yesterday too....

He asked me if he should run the 64 or 86 bit version of win7.

I told him the "86" version is 32bit.

He told me there was no 32 bit version available where he was getting it.

Point is tech support does not make a persons opinion valid. Its not THAT hard to work tech support, and mostly they just apply the same few documented fixes to the same few known problems over and over.

Now what is this "It would be nice to take notes as quickly as my classmates"?
You seriously can't use a pencil as fast as the general person can type? Maybe learn to use your hands?

Vaio is overpriced for what a school computer needs to be, don't waste your money like that.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK
HP have the lowest fault/return rate I know this from PC world.
Commie Killer
+192|6386
Start a bank account, don't get a debit card.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6742|London

Commie Killer wrote:

do you mean in general or just shifty?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Dauntless wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

do you mean in general or just shifty?
Never ever get a debit card.  And if the bank does issue one, don't ever use it as a debit card.   It's difficult to track exactly what you have left in the balance when dealing with debit cards.  Stick with credit cards with no fee, and just pay it off each month.  Banks love debit cards because of all the overdraft fees they collect.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6742|London

what? I use my debit card all the time, what do you mean "track exactly what i have left in the balance"?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard