Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy
+76|5300|Baile Atha Cliath, Éire
Every time I switch on the tele I'm raped by adds encouraging people to swap their gold for cash.

What is this I dont even...
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6659|The darkside of Denver
Dont do it.  Gold is a good asset to have.  Fiat paper money is worthless.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6578|Columbus, OH
China wants your gold
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy
+76|5300|Baile Atha Cliath, Éire
Yeah but it seems just like some big recent fucking trend...

Like all of a sudden I was raped by these adds overnight. Has the price of gold skyrocketed or something?
hawaythelads
We are PREMIER LEAGUE!
+84|6486|Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Gold is worth quite a bit right now, they buy it from you melt it down and sell it on at a profit. Lucrative business.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6578|Columbus, OH
individuals have been stealing copper from electrical power sub-stations (leaving people and businesses in the dark). it is believed, they bring the precious metal to a scrap yard where it is melted/shipped to china. they randomly been hitting sub-stations and not been caught yet.

Sewer manhole covers and any vacant home or business that has copper fitting are other targets.
hawaythelads
We are PREMIER LEAGUE!
+84|6486|Newcastle Upon Tyne.

loubot wrote:

individuals have been stealing copper from electrical power sub-stations (leaving people and businesses in the dark). it is believed, they bring the precious metal to a scrap yard where it is melted/shipped to china. they randomly been hitting sub-stations and not been caught yet.

Sewer manhole covers and any vacant home or business that has copper fitting are other targets.
And anyone with Lead n there roof, a man fell off a roof and seriously injured himself last week, he was stealing lead at the time so no sympathy for him.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6107|Birmingham, UK
Someone stole a church door for the metal once
Hakei
Banned
+295|5995

SEREVENT wrote:

Good.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6272

SEREVENT wrote:

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

SEREVENT wrote:

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/ss/usd.jpg
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6132|Scotland!

Irishpride<3 wrote:

Like all of a sudden I was raped by these adds overnight. Has the price of gold skyrocketed or something?
its always been a big trend in america, its just making its way over here now
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

Seen an equal number of ads trying to get people to invest in gold as a hedge for inflation.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6578|Columbus, OH
What makes the info commericals hard to watch is the lack of quality. I do not know what kind of camera they used to shoot the commerical but it looks stale like an old vintage PSA film the elementary school still shows. Is it too much to ask.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6130|Carnoustie MASSIF

Irishpride<3 wrote:

Have you only just got tv? These ads have been out for months and months.

They're aimed at idiots that need a quick money fix, 'hurr durr i has gold ill sell it for half it's worth without realising'

Last edited by CammRobb (2010-01-14 06:57:08)

jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.
I got offered a job doing that, I'd have got 25% commision too on any gold I got, but the way I see it if people are gonna go down the route of exchanging gold for cash they're gonna do it the easiest, safest way. They're gonna get a freepost envelope and send it off to a big company like cashforgold, not give it to a local company.

And the ads have been on for 6 months
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6348|Belfast
TV has been raped by these ads for months.

Last edited by henno13 (2010-01-14 07:46:16)

PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6191|Roma
Gold is fucking expensive now + Recession starting to bite at some people = quick cash

Most of the adverts show a handful of gold jewellery and say 'any waste gold'. Like anyone has that much gold and needs a quick cash injection.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
jord

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Gold is fucking expensive now + Recession starting to bite at some people = quick cash

Most of the adverts show a handful of gold jewellery and say 'any waste gold'. Like anyone has that much gold and needs a quick cash injection.
Hahaha I thought that.

"I just put my excess gold in the bag (puts amount of jewellry in a bag that would put a small jewelers to shame) and got a cheque."
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5717|Vancouver, BC, Canada
I read an article on this somewhere once,

You get something like 1/4 the amount of money by sending your gold into CashForGold than you would taking it to a pawn shop. And the turnaround on the cheque or getting your gold back is something like 2 months.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Irishpride<3 wrote:

Do you watch late-night TV?  I think you'll notice an obvious upswing in these ads as it gets later in the evening.  They are for suckers, like most late-night infomercials.  They want you to pawn your gold for cash and throw out all kinds of good sounding reasons/offers.  They actually lowball the hell out of you and most are engaged in shady business practices.  Price of gold has actually fallen recently.
jord

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Irishpride<3 wrote:

Do you watch late-night TV?  I think you'll notice an obvious upswing in these ads as it gets later in the evening.  They are for suckers, like most late-night infomercials.  They want you to pawn your gold for cash and throw out all kinds of good sounding reasons/offers.  They actually lowball the hell out of you and most are engaged in shady business practices.  Price of gold has actually fallen recently.
But the Double G gaurentee is just so awesome!

FIND A BETTER OFFER AND THEY DOUBLE IT
Kez
+778|5703|London, UK
WONGAAAAAA

fucking caps

Last edited by Kez (2010-01-14 13:17:59)

-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6634|England
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6568|Mountains of NC

send me your gold and I'll in return send the cash ( thailand baht ) ............ I can guarantee somethings and will even provide a self address envelope
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard