ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

Anyone know? I heard NatWest but I wanted to check. Also, would they charge you commission if you don't bank with them?
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6459|UK
I know post office doesn't charge no commission.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6437|King Of The Islands

Your mum.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

Cheez wrote:

Your mum.
See that guys, that's vintage Cheez circa 2007.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6437|King Of The Islands

I'm like that really expensive cheese they leave to fester and congeal and have maggots crawling around in.

Fancy like.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

It's, a little bit fancy.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6577|Columbus, OH
Casu marzu cheese is srsly nasty
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
Well from my experience it's the local small places that are the best, not the big banks and shit. Especially cos you can like just talk a deal

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-01-13 07:59:22)

jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
Should I get a NI rebate cause I'm not bothered about what happens to me after I turn 60?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England

jord wrote:

Should I get a NI rebate cause I'm not bothered about what happens to me after I turn 60?
You'll be a homicidal millionaire warlord by then, so yeah, might aswell
jord

Mekstizzle wrote:

jord wrote:

As much as people want to live to they're 140 it really just doesn't appeal to me. I think 60 will do, I'm not bothered either way. I mean what can you do after 60 if you're not fantastically rich? Get an erection? No. Get a hot GF? No. Do sports? Not properly. Watch Jeremy Kyle? Yes, with glasses and the sound turned way up. Shit yourself? Yes, a lot. Have some sort of awful disease? Most likely.

I should make a thread on this, what's your fave age to die I'd call it. Alas, my threads always go down hill around post number 5.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK

ghettoperson wrote:

Also, would they charge you commission if you don't bank with them?
Potentially.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5697

jord wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

jord wrote:

As much as people want to live to they're 140 it really just doesn't appeal to me. I think 60 will do, I'm not bothered either way. I mean what can you do after 60 if you're not fantastically rich? Get an erection? No. Get a hot GF? No. Do sports? Not properly. Watch Jeremy Kyle? Yes, with glasses and the sound turned way up. Shit yourself? Yes, a lot. Have some sort of awful disease? Most likely.

I should make a thread on this, what's your fave age to die I'd call it. Alas, my threads always go down hill around post number 5.
Um, there are plenty of activities to keep you interested iat age 60+.
jord

13/f/taiwan wrote:

jord wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

What like hip replacment surgery or contemplating whether death is a Black sea of nothingness or a White sea of nothingness?
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone

jord wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

jord wrote:

What like hip replacment surgery or contemplating whether death is a Black sea of nothingness or a White sea of nothingness?
Hugh Hefner would disagree.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6737|Toronto | Canada

Go to 2 or 3 and get quotes (if its a large sum).  Then get them to try to beat each other.  My uncle used his bank before on $40,000 transactions from USD to CAD and changed to a smaller currency trader and saved over $2000 in fees and exchange rates.  Pretty damned significant.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Then get them to try to beat each other.
Lol'd.

I'm a terrible person
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

Saga give the best exchange rate.

But you can't use it.

ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

Bertster7 wrote:

But you can't use it.

Why not?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

ghettoperson wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

But you can't use it.

Why not?
Are you over 50?

It's what my parents always use for transferring money to France. They did lots of research into this.

No fee, no commission, real exchange rate. But you have to be over 50.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2010-01-13 12:36:23)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

Ah, I'd never heard of them before. I'm on their site though and they make no mention of an age limit.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

ghettoperson wrote:

Ah, I'd never heard of them before. I'm on their site though and they make no mention of an age limit.
What?

Just Google Saga and look at all the results.

Maybe their site is more discrete about it.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

Yeah Google mentions it, but their site says nothing about it. Oh well. They suggest that the Post Office does decent rates, so I will have a look there too.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

Also, if I were to exchange my money online, what would happen to the money? They'd mail me $1000? I'm not sure I like the sound of that.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

ghettoperson wrote:

Also, if I were to exchange my money online, what would happen to the money? They'd mail me $1000? I'm not sure I like the sound of that.
Credit card. Use to pay for stuff and in cashpoints. Then just pay the bill at the end of the month.

No fee, no commission, all good - except not, because you're not 50.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard