Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

Edit:

All IGN registered users! Grab a key and jump into the Star Trek Online Open Beta today! Pioneer your own destiny as Captain of a Federation starship or become a Klingon Warlord and expand the Empire to the far reaches of the galaxy.

The Star Trek Online Open Beta is live and all your fellow trekkies are playing right now! The Open Beta will run for two weeks starting today at 10:00 am PST and will run through Tuesday, January 26th.

Keys are first come, first served! So grab a key, download the 7.8 GB beta file and play today!

Get your key:
http://www.fileplanet.com/promotion/sta … ignup.aspx

And then register:
https://www.startrekonline.com/user/register

Edit2:  Found another place for free keys:  http://www.massively.com/2010/01/12/sta … -giveaway/

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11550/StarTrekOnline_p6.jpg

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-01-12 12:36:13)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6737|Toronto | Canada

Ilocano wrote:

You'll need a FilePlanet account.
ffffffffuuuuuuuuu
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

ffffffffuuuuuuuuu
Aye?...
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6737|Toronto | Canada

Ilocano wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

ffffffffuuuuuuuuu
Aye?...
Oh, you edited it.  Free accounts too

Normally this stuff is only for paid subscribers
Volatile
+252|6702|Sextupling in Empire

100KB/s for 8 gigs, .

It will get here.......eventually.

I'm tempted to "preorder" it to get the faster download, but since my expectation is that it's going to blow balls, I'll just wait it out.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

Free Keys ran out...
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6741|Reality

Ilocano wrote:

Free Keys ran out...
A long time ago
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I bought the game, so I already have my open beta. I'll wait for the Early Start program before I play again, though. I'll be the first to admit that I'm getting it just because I'm a franchise nerd. 'Star Trek: Elite Force 2' is much cooler for FPSing (you even got to explore some of your ship) and 'Star Trek: Bridge Commander' is a way better tactical simulation.

Ultimately, they should have made the game into a combination of 'KotoR,' a simplified 'EVE Online' and 'Bridge Commander.' The best of three worlds. As it is now, it looks like the team was spread too thin. You can't even sit in chairs in a Starbase lobby without standing in them just right and using an emote. I mean, Star Trek's a drama franchise, so why not give us more character animation?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-01-12 19:12:54)

Volatile
+252|6702|Sextupling in Empire

Not my cup o' tea.

Visuals are not that great, don't care for the controls/movement, and it's star trek.

I'll stick with my other internet spaceships game.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
eve ftw
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6363|California
what's star trek?
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6326

Stubbee wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Free Keys ran out...
A long time ago
in a galaxy far far away...
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6516|Montucky

FatherTed wrote:

eve ftw
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

S3v3N wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

eve ftw
Great game, but too fiddly.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

Stubbee wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Free Keys ran out...
A long time ago
Naw, they released a ton of beta keys today for their open beta period.  But they ran out a few hours after my original post.

Eve is definitely superior as far as fleet combat is concerned.  This is more WoW in space.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6341
So, a few WoW Nerds I know were going crazy over this, because according to them, it won´t end up in a massive grind for gear. Even smaller ships with less firepower can win against bigger opponents with the right tactics and a good crew. Is that so? Because I´m tempted to try it.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
^ eve does all of that. and is way less gay.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Sisco
+493|6341

FatherTed wrote:

^ eve does all of that. and is way less gay.
Tbh, I´m lookin at EvE since half a year or so. I like the concept, but I don´t like monthly costs (even though in Eve you can finance your game ingame later on, but until your there, you pay) and I´m scared to get sucked in.
I already play too much games as it is.lol
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6778|Great Brown North
afaik this has a monthly fee as well
Sisco
+493|6341

krazed wrote:

Indeed, but the beta is free. Thought I try my luck and play it.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

Has anybody else bought this?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6618|Auteuil, Laval

krazed wrote:

Damn I used to play Starfleet Command and it was free to play beside the purchase of the game.
I used to love it, capture ship, scater pack shuttles, decoy shuttles, ECM, ECCM, power management.
And it was the only game were I could call 90% of players noobs!!!

I do not play any of the monthly fee games.  I won't play this one too.
Too bad for them but I'm sure they won't miss me.
Alone I have no leverage.

Let's say $15/mth x 12 mths = $180/yr.  Basic agames are sold at what, $60 to $80 per CD.
Charge me $120.00 I'll buy the game!  But to play 5 years of this and it comes to $900.
Who would pay $900 for a single game?  Man it's 4% of my yearly earnings it'$ too much.
It does make 4 years I'm playing BF2 getting to 5 years shortly.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

Jean_Peste_tu? wrote:

krazed wrote:

Damn I used to play Starfleet Command and it was free to play beside the purchase of the game.
I used to love it, capture ship, scater pack shuttles, decoy shuttles, ECM, ECCM, power management.
And it was the only game were I could call 90% of players noobs!!!

I do not play any of the monthly fee games.  I won't play this one too.
Too bad for them but I'm sure they won't miss me.
Alone I have no leverage.

Let's say $15/mth x 12 mths = $180/yr.  Basic agames are sold at what, $60 to $80 per CD.
Charge me $120.00 I'll buy the game!  But to play 5 years of this and it comes to $900.
Who would pay $900 for a single game?  Man it's 4% of my yearly earnings it'$ too much.
It does make 4 years I'm playing BF2 getting to 5 years shortly.
You can pay for eve using in-game money after about 3 months of play.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

FatherTed wrote:

Info please.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

Ilocano wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Info please.
within 3 months you can easily be doing level 4 missions in a T2 fitted battleship (aside from your weapons, they take like a month for T2 alone). A good mission runner should be able to make 40m an hour (either by blitzing, or salvaging+selling, and refining mission loot) after ISK and considering LP. Then on the market you can buy items called PLEX,  which once bought ingame (using isk ofc) can be redeemed on the main menu for 30 days of game time. These cost about 300m. So 40m an hour (just from missioning) for 7 hours a month means your account is free. Then you chuck in some simple market work on the side (station trading), you could get total time down to maybe 4 hours a month of work. It's how i fund both my accounts, and ensure my main account has isk to pvp with.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard