konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

Since I may be moving in half a year, I'm going to focus on finishing the album I've been working on with my progressive band. We play dynamic music, with changing time signatures.

Feedback would be super appreciated

Click for higher resolution (please do it)
https://my.berfarah.com/data/album.jpg

-kon
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
That's really cool.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone
font is kinda boring imo. It needs some effect cos the background is really 3D and font is 2D
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

.Sup wrote:

font is kinda boring imo. It needs some effect cos the background is really 3D and font is 2D
I dunno... I thought about font effects, but I really want it to be in front of the scenery. That's why I added a coating layer over the BG of diagonals under the font (check the hi res) - so it would pop out more.

-kon
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6590|Mhz

konfusion wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I dunno... I thought about font effects, but I really want it to be in front of the scenery. That's why I added a coating layer over the BG of diagonals under the font (check the hi res) - so it would pop out more.

-kon
I'd consider modeling the text in 3D, keep it super basic like it is but give it some sense of physical form.

The whole thing is epic BTW.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

The font needs more work. The white type gets lost and the subtype is barely visible at first glance. I'd try a different font entirely. 3D type could look interesting if handled accordingly (easily done in Adobe Illustrator if you don't do 3D modeling). Also, the binary code looks tacky and needlessly thrown in. I'm not sure the scan lines are necessary. They look cool in a digital format when seen up close, but as small as they are they won't really show up in low resolution images of the album art (ex. winamp) and would they really show up that well in print? I'd try it without them.

Great start
"profection project" needs to pop more
the font looks like it's for a technoish cd?

gotta link to your music?
We play dynamic music, with changing time signatures.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

OmniDeath wrote:

The font needs more work. The white type gets lost and the subtype is barely visible at first glance. I'd try a different font entirely. 3D type could look interesting if handled accordingly (easily done in Adobe Illustrator if you don't do 3D modeling). Also, the binary code looks tacky and needlessly thrown in. I'm not sure the scan lines are necessary. They look cool in a digital format when seen up close, but as small as they are they won't really show up in low resolution images of the album art (ex. winamp) and would they really show up that well in print? I'd try it without them.

Great start
I don't know what kind of font I'd go for. I think I'll down the opacity on the binary code - I think it's a nice thing to have if you look for it (and to have that space not be empty).

I know the scan lines will not show on Winamp or something, but I'm hoping they'd show on something smaller. Gives a bit more depth (and stuff).

I need to figure out what to do with the font. I'm looking for C4D to try a 3D rendering of this... I guess I could go for a Fringe-esque render. I agree white can get lost in it, but I think as for a choice of font, this is probably the most fitting personality in my library. I just need to make it...pop. (looking for a different one anyway)

Thanks though!

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

"profection project" needs to pop more
the font looks like it's for a technoish cd?

gotta link to your music?
We play dynamic music, with changing time signatures.
I'll see what I can do about the font O.o

Uh, I have an old, vocal-less recording of the first song we finished, so I guess I'll host that (has a slow start and horrible quality guitar).

here

-kon

Last edited by konfusion (2010-01-11 16:52:48)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6687
really nice... you got skillz.
only thing i might do is darken the passion to progression text
Love is the answer
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

konfusion wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

Great start
I don't know what kind of font I'd go for. I think I'll down the opacity on the binary code - I think it's a nice thing to have if you look for it (and to have that space not be empty).

I know the scan lines will not show on Winamp or something, but I'm hoping they'd show on something smaller. Gives a bit more depth (and stuff).

I need to figure out what to do with the font. I'm looking for C4D to try a 3D rendering of this... I guess I could go for a Fringe-esque render. I agree white can get lost in it, but I think as for a choice of font, this is probably the most fitting personality in my library. I just need to make it...pop. (looking for a different one anyway)

-kon
Negative space can be a good thing if you use it right. Better than every corner being cluttered. Sometimes simple is better.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

OmniDeath wrote:

Negative space can be a good thing if you use it right. Better than every corner being cluttered. Sometimes simple is better.
You're telling me? XD My style generally is simple. I just like the added detail without /really/ cluttering it. It's barely there, and a reference to some of the stuff on the album - like an easter egg. I toned it down though ^^

-kon
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

I would def change the font style.

It is very plain and boring.

Even if it is something really simple like font overlaying another colour font. Makes a huge difference.

White on black, or black and white. Then shift the centre of one of them changes it to something like this:

https://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3674/albume.jpg

https://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4370/album1.jpg

*ignore the 5 mins it took to do that. lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard