Poll

What language will the Euro Force speak? A NEW POLL!

English41%41% - 63
German9%9% - 15
French14%14% - 22
Italian1%1% - 2
Spanish1%1% - 2
Swedish2%2% - 4
Dutch6%6% - 10
Latin4%4% - 7
Sign Language3%3% - 6
Those African cluck sounds13%13% - 21
Total: 152
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6808|Mark it zero.
im gonna go with clucking.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6752
lolz
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6773|Purplicious Wisconsin
I have a pretty good feeling they are gonna sound like the SAS in special forces.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6773|Purplicious Wisconsin
Lol  sign  language,  doubt  that,  how  can  you  see  if  you  are  so  far  away  from  the  guy  that  did  that.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6787|Madrid, Spain
it should be french, I will tell you why. Only 2 countries speak english in europe, the UK and Ireland.
and we have France, Monaco, Luxembourg, Switzerland and Belgium speaking french. also the armies of USA and UK (from BF2 and SF) already speak 2 varieties of english. I would like it to be spanish but there's only 1 country speaking it (Spain). Also other languages spoken in only one country are italian, portuguese, dutch, swedish, norwegian, finnish, polish..... The third possibility could be German, spoken in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
JonskyGBR
+5|6732|England
If it is english I really hope they don't have the SAS Special Forces Accent, who the hell speaks like that in the UK anymore, except polititions.. (bah) and the monarchy

An SAS guy actually sound like this:

Andy McNab

Writer of Bravo Two Zero a book about an SAS mission gone bad in Iraq during the Gulf war
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6753|San Francisco
J'ai étudié le français dans le lycée, so it'd be pretty fun if it were in French.

Or Italian even!
Merda Santo!  Artiglieria che entra!
Pronto soccorso, qui!

Veicolo aereo senza equipaggio in linea! <--Hearing an Italian woman saying this would absolutely make my day
Chowley
+1|6745|Ireland

[BIA](I.K.M)-Blade wrote:

British i hope
What Welsh, Scottish or English ?
iamamuts
+2|6815|Lisse, Netherlands

fdcp_elmo wrote:

plz plz plz let it be any language but french. it reminds me of school and my annoying teacher
same here
iamamuts
+2|6815|Lisse, Netherlands

Stratocaster wrote:

I would like it to be spanish but there's only 1 country speaking it (Spain). Also other languages spoken in only one country are italian, portuguese, dutch, swedish, norwegian, finnish, polish..... The third possibility could be German, spoken in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
WRONG!! belgian people also speak Dutch
Chowley
+1|6745|Ireland
What about luxembourg ? luxembourgish ? i really cant remember. Its the whole Benelux thing makes me wonder tbh.
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6837
it would be funny to hear "joder, necesito municion" o "perdon, la cague" with a big spanish apcen
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6892
Why is everyone wanting british. if you wanna hear british voices, get SF. And since it's usually british people wanting british voices, record your own damn voice and listen to it. ffs.
I hope it's German.
[pib]xenium
+0|6710|Netherlands
dutch, english, german, french and due to lot's of immigrants it could also be turkish, marok, surinam, afrikan  etc etc etc etc
[pib]xenium
+0|6710|Netherlands

iamamuts wrote:

Stratocaster wrote:

I would like it to be spanish but there's only 1 country speaking it (Spain). Also other languages spoken in only one country are italian, portuguese, dutch, swedish, norwegian, finnish, polish..... The third possibility could be German, spoken in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
WRONG!! belgian people also speak Dutch
only with a terible accent and the other halve of the belgiums are to arrogant to speak dutch they think french is better

Last edited by [pib]xenium (2006-02-10 20:02:58)

Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6787|Madrid, Spain
They might speak dutch but the official language in Belgium is French.
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6749

fdcp_elmo wrote:

plz plz plz let it be any language but french. it reminds me of school and my annoying teacher
well just out it this way you will laern french and not even know that so that day in class when your teacher asks you how do you say enemy spotted or i need supplie you will know it
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6719|Canada Eh?

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Why is everyone wanting british. if you wanna hear british voices, get SF. And since it's usually british people wanting british voices, record your own damn voice and listen to it. ffs.
I hope it's German.
I hope as well.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6732|Colorado
I think it will be in english with a terrible euro accent, thus creating many Flames to EA for not getting it just right for everyone. Shame on you in advance EA
BVC
+325|6755
Dutch gets my ineffectual vote!
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6800|Vermont
I think it will be French.  Probably the most widely spoken language in Europe.  The only real choices are French, German, and English though.  Nothing else would make any sense at all.
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6804|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol
I'd like some german. I just want some new terms. And none of that british "skyline/light" horsesh*t. That's just weird. Can't they just say medic? Or doctor? or Somthin besides that weird stuff?

Last edited by n1nj41c l337ne55 (2006-02-11 08:48:00)

TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6884|Netherlands

War Man wrote:

I have a pretty good feeling they are gonna sound like the SAS in special forces.
i certainley hope without the "kaka" semi royalty-university accent...

;
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6793|cairns australia

Pubic wrote:

Dutch gets my ineffectual vote!
me too as my pop was a dutch ww2 pilot.2 for dutch.double dutch maybe
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6716|Devil's Perch

Kobrakai wrote:

There has been voices in German and French since the game was released, as well as the standard US, Mec and China. Perhaps they planned to use them later on for Euro Forces?
It's by far more obvious:  As native english speakers in the US or UK have the option to use "English for all", it's also possible to use completely localised versions of the game with French or German voices instead of the MEC/PLA/USMC voice clips. Perhaps voice clips are available for other languages, too? After all the texts are localised for a bigger number of languages, too.

And my guess on the EF language is English of course - for obvious reasons, some of them mentioned in this thread already.
Proud member of a dead community.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard