Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6763|London, England

King_County_Downy wrote:

I peed on the side of their boat once when it was parked in Friday Harbor.

Cool story, right? Well that's all I have at this time.
Maybe you'll become part of seafaring folklore, he who urinates on a boat, the boat shall then be ultimately doomed

like the mark of cain, or... or like in pirates of the Caribbean where jack sparrow gets that black mark on his hand which signals the kraken

work with me, people

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-01-07 06:21:42)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6806|NT, like Mick Dundee

Tbh, both parties are at fault. I mean it's not like the Sea Shepherds aren't provoking them. They have previously done rather stupid things to the whalers.

Btw Mok, Aussies don't have a problem with whaling, you don't see us bitching about Iceland. Something to do with some sort of sanctuary thingy in Australian-claimed waters.

Last edited by Flecco (2010-01-07 06:37:02)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5500|London, England

Cybargs wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Terrorists. They're a menace on the high seas and the captain should've had his license revoked and been imprisoned years ago. Whether you disagree with the whaling is irrelevant. He is putting human lives in danger. Not only his own crew, but the crews on those whaling ships. You do NOT fuck around with this shit, especially not in the frigid waters of the Antarctic where you will be able to survive a maximum of five minutes in the water.

I hope the dude gets boarded by Chinese pirates one day. Make him kneel and place a bullet in the back of his skull.
I'd say fucktards more than anything else.
No. They are terrorists. Their entire mission is designed to scare the whalers into submission and make them stop whaling. How do they try to accomplish this? By threatening the lives of the whaling ships crews by ramming their ships or disabling them. If that's not at the very least attempted murder I don't know what is.

If there was a bus full of hunters driving down the road and someone purposely rammed them, forcing the bus to go off the side of a cliff and killing everyone aboard, would you cheer the person or condemn them as a mass murderer?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6552|'Murka

From what I could find in some brief research, the Japanese don't appear to be violating any laws or international agreements, they aren't taking massive numbers of the beasties...it's just that these tree-huggers don't like that the yellow man is killing flipper's uncle (they don't seem to be protesting any of the other countries that are actively whaling).

Self-critiquing experience for them, tbh.

Not a fan of whaling, but not a fan of militant protesters, either.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6793|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Terrorists. They're a menace on the high seas and the captain should've had his license revoked and been imprisoned years ago. Whether you disagree with the whaling is irrelevant. He is putting human lives in danger. Not only his own crew, but the crews on those whaling ships. You do NOT fuck around with this shit, especially not in the frigid waters of the Antarctic where you will be able to survive a maximum of five minutes in the water.

I hope the dude gets boarded by Chinese pirates one day. Make him kneel and place a bullet in the back of his skull.
No. They are terrorists. Their entire mission is designed to scare the whalers into submission and make them stop whaling. How do they try to accomplish this? By threatening the lives of the whaling ships crews by ramming their ships or disabling them. If that's not at the very least attempted murder I don't know what is.

If there was a bus full of hunters driving down the road and someone purposely rammed them, forcing the bus to go off the side of a cliff and killing everyone aboard, would you cheer the person or condemn them as a mass murderer?
Have they actually disabled a ship? I have only seen a few shows, but  Idon't recall them actually doing any damage.

If you are going to call them terrorists, you would have to call every protester that every threw a rock a terrorist, as such I think this dilutes the term too much. How about we just leave that word for those that insist on blowing up innocent people in markets and planes.

Last edited by lowing (2010-01-07 06:53:47)

13rin
+977|6621

lowing wrote:

Have they actually disabled a ship? I have only seen a few shows, but  Idon't recall them actually doing any damage.

If you are going to call them terrorists, you would have to call every protester that every threw a rock a terrorist, as such I think this dilutes the term too much. How about we just leave that word for those that insist on blowing up innocent people in markets and planes.

I'm with G@lt here.  Have they disabled a ship?  It hasn't been for a lack of trying.  Also "success of and act" isn't the only qualifier to it being terrorism.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2010-01-07 06:58:14)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6816|Canberra, AUS

JohnG@lt wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hmm, I'm not too sure about that. Having spoken to a past member of a ship which did similar things to this, I got the feeling it was a big publicity excercise.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Semantics. They are still a danger on the high seas and should be in jail. Have they succeeded in disabling a ship? No. But they've sure tried very hard.

Why am I so vehement? I go to Maritime College, a school that trains future 3rd Mates and 3rd Assistant Engineers (officers on ships).
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6793|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Semantics. They are still a danger on the high seas and should be in jail. Have they succeeded in disabling a ship? No. But they've sure tried very hard.

Why am I so vehement? I go to Maritime College, a school that trains future 3rd Mates and 3rd Assistant Engineers (officers on ships).
I am not saying you are wrong. I just don't see the need to step them up to terrorist status. Much like Green Peace, I can't stand the fuckers, but they are not terrorists in the context of the accepted terminology today.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

I am not saying you are wrong. I just don't see the need to step them up to terrorist status. Much like Green Peace, I can't stand the fuckers, but they are not terrorists in the context of the accepted terminology today.
Why? You afraid your arsenal would land you on a watch list?
-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6793|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Neh, no worries. I think these groups have their hearts in the right place but their methods are way outta whack, but to call them terrorists just seems to take away from the truly fanatical destructive, car bombing fools that we have all grown to know and love.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

Neh, no worries. I think these groups have their hearts in the right place but their methods are way outta whack, but to call them terrorists just seems to take away from the truly fanatical destructive, car bombing fools that we have all grown to know and love.
I fail to see a difference between a car bomber and someone willfully trying to sink a ship. A ship sinking in the Antarctic would mean certain death. Are the ecoterrorists going to drop a boat and rescue them? That would go over well once they were aboard.
-Frederick Bastiat
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6816|Canberra, AUS

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I fail to see a difference between a car bomber and someone willfully trying to sink a ship. A ship sinking in the Antarctic would mean certain death. Are the ecoterrorists going to drop a boat and rescue them? That would go over well once they were aboard.
I'm fairly sure they're not trying to sink the ships...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6793|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I don't think they are trying to sink a ship. For if they were trying they would have done it. They certainly have been close enough to do harm but never have. They are protesters nothing more.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Spark wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

I'm fairly sure they're not trying to sink the ships...
Watch the video that was posted above.
-Frederick Bastiat
ghettoperson
+1,943|6791

I don't think they're terrorists, but they are a bunch of militant hippy douchebags that should be shot. I enjoyed watching the video of their boat getting crushed. Fucktards. They put themselves in dangerous situations in order to get some media attention and make it look like the evil Japanese whalers attack them. I think the Japanese should keep a few bean-bag shotguns on board, and give them the good news if they get too close.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of whaling, especially under such dubious grounds, but I can't stand these self-righteous hippy fucks who believe they have the right to go around trying to sink ships and generally endanger innocent people.

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

ghettoperson wrote:

I don't think they're terrorists, but they are a bunch of militant hippy douchebags that should be shot. I enjoyed watching the video of their boat getting crushed. Fucktards. They put themselves in dangerous situations in order to get some media attention and make it look like the evil Japanese whalers attack them. I think the Japanese should keep a few bean-bag shotguns on board, and give them the good news if they get too close.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of whaling, especially under such dubious grounds, but I can't stand these self-righteous hippy fucks who believe they have the right to go around trying to sink ships and generally endanger innocent people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KizcE6diCB4
If anyone is curious... the high pitched siren and the water cannon are a merchant ships standard defense against... pirates.
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6858

JohnG@lt wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KizcE6diCB4
If anyone is curious... the high pitched siren and the water cannon are a merchant ships standard defense against... pirates.
"We're not Protesters, were pirates!"

I guess south park really inspired them.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
[video]http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/254173[/video]
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251888
Full episode

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-01-07 07:31:23)

-Frederick Bastiat
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6364|Escea

Jesus those guys are soft in the head.

'Durr only thing keeping us out of the water is our boat. I know, let's crash our boat!'

/facepalm
13rin
+977|6621

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

I don't think they are trying to sink a ship. For if they were trying they would have done it. They certainly have been close enough to do harm but never have. They are protesters nothing more.
I've watched the entire season and disagree with you.  If those fuckers had means to sink a ship, they would.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6720|Columbus, OH
I go with option #3 frigin idiots. you don't cross a bow of a big ship and expect the ship to stop on a dime. self-righteous ass-hats.

Gambling with your life is one thing but in the greater scheme of their cause, they become less effective with a lost of a member or members.

Last edited by loubot (2010-01-07 08:04:12)

ruisleipa
+149|6364|teh FIN-land
why is it so often peoplesa repsonse to say that people should be shot? ffs don't be such violent fucks.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6610
lowing is the voice of reason?

Weird thread.

And I too have to good with morons, they aren't really terrorists, but they do commit non-violent yet criminal acts (most obviously vandalism, but also they have often attempted destruction of property among other things). If they didn't fail all the time I'd advocate arresting them, however as it stands they are too incompetent and poorly managed to be a threat to anyone other than themselves.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard