Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6739

ghettoperson wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

They could have done the exact same ad but with the poms. But alas, we weren't fucking playing the poms.

Ohh look another 'racist' commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OidSD14mGE
I rather liked that. They've got it right, England is shit. Sort your spiders out and I'll be over on the next flight.
They got healthbars yo, so just beat them with a stick like in an mmo.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6719|NJ
African American is a raciest term. Not all Black People Came from Africa.

I know lots of black people and it's probably only a real small portion who care, so why do we? Cause those who complain have a bigger voice then those who don't.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6739

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I know lots of black people and it's probably only a real small portion who care, so why do we? Cause those who complain have a bigger voice then those who don't.
Not all blacks are American too. That is the shittiest assumption as well.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
cpt.fass1
+329|6719|NJ

Cybargs wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Right but I don't think Black people in other countries care?

I have to say that African American is only a U.S. based term and it's retarded.

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2010-01-06 09:05:16)

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6803|Great Brown North
find a picture of a black guy from a different country, show it to an American and ask them what race the person is

edit: fuck sakes, i hit the wrong button. post continued below

the majority of the time they'll spout off the same shit "he's African American!"

people are fucking stupid

Last edited by krazed (2010-01-06 09:41:28)

cpt.fass1
+329|6719|NJ
It's really disgusting that this is even proposed. Who cares, Political Correctness is the most retarded thing ever, it has an adverse effect and actually seperates the races.

But I'm white so I guess I really don't have a say in the matter.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6803|Great Brown North
you don't, you're just suppressing the minority majority! yeah!
eleven bravo
+1,399|5282|foggy bottom
United States does equal America.  No other nation has America in its name.
Tu Stultus Es
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6176|what

eleven bravo wrote:

Except for American Samoa.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6655|949

AussieReaper wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Territory of the US.  I've been to Pago Pago.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6176|what

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Territory of the US.  I've been to Pago Pago.
They aren't fully integrated though. Same with the US Virgin Islands.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6434|'Murka

I'm willing to bet those flaming liberal self-declared "enlightened" college students on TYT are huddled in a snot-filled corner, crying uncontrollably at the hate they've unleashed on YouTube with their lack of enlightenment.

I. Fucking. LOVE. It.

Last edited by FEOS (2010-01-06 18:32:55)

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6129|eXtreme to the maX

Cybargs wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

And not all Americans are black, thats going to take another 50-100 years.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6428|North Carolina
Some blacks in America get overly offended about nearly anything.  Some whites are so politically correct they do the same.

I say this as a guy who dates a girl that's half-black.  I showed her the commercial, and she didn't find it racist either.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6428|North Carolina

Dilbert_X wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

And not all Americans are black, thats going to take another 50-100 years.
Well, in 50 to 100 years, we'll probably be equal proportions Latino, Black, and Asian (primarily Indian, Chinese, and Middle Eastern).
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5928|CA
I thought this was hilarious.  The fact that he said "too easy" just tops it off.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6434|'Murka

I highly recommend perusing the nearly 7,000 comments (as of the time of this post, anyway) on YouTube.

Those knuckleheads get lit up.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
ruisleipa
+149|6245|teh FIN-land

eleven bravo wrote:

No but another fuckin CONTINENT does! LOL @ United States insularity.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6172|'straya
TYT is retarded. Seriously. Without knowing any of the context etc jumping to the conclusion of racism is stupid. The fact that this stereotype was the first thing they thought of says more about them than the ad.

(Also, lol at them calling them "African Americans")
ruisleipa
+149|6245|teh FIN-land
Fuck I just watched their 'response' to the complaints. Goddamn they're stupid. Why not just say yeah we fucked up it's not racist. Fuckin morons. who the fuck are they and why do they call themsleves turks? Pricks more like.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6708|United States of America

krazed wrote:

find a picture of a black guy from a different country, show it to an American and ask them what race the person is

the majority of the time they'll spout off the same shit "he's African American!"
It's because that's more of a race than "black", which isn't as PC as Af-Am is. People don't want to say "black" because they're afraid that's an offensive term.

My take: How in the chocolate christ is this racist? Everyone else is having a good time, and in the short duration of the commercial, it just looks like whitey is sharing some chicken with everyone. I didn't even get what he meant by it being an awkward situation at first; just seemed to me he wasn't as into it as everyone else. The people in the OP vid are just out of their minds looking for something to be misconstrued as racist, too. Rowdy? Hardly. It's not a fucking soccer game, that's fucking rowdy.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6739

DesertFox- wrote:

krazed wrote:

It's because that's more of a race than "black", which isn't as PC as Af-Am is. People don't want to say "black" because they're afraid that's an offensive term.

My take: How in the chocolate christ is this racist? Everyone else is having a good time, and in the short duration of the commercial, it just looks like whitey is sharing some chicken with everyone. I didn't even get what he meant by it being an awkward situation at first; just seemed to me he wasn't as into it as everyone else. The people in the OP vid are just out of their minds looking for something to be misconstrued as racist, too. Rowdy? Hardly. It's not a fucking soccer game, that's fucking rowdy.
As FEOS said, whitey was put into the crowd of the opposing fans, of courrse it will be uncomfortable. Like sitting in a box of yankees fans when you love the red sox.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6698|Canberra, AUS

DesertFox- wrote:

krazed wrote:

Stuck alone in crowd of opposition supporters = awkward situation IMO

Especially for a die-hard supporter which he clearly is meant to represent
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
eleven bravo
+1,399|5282|foggy bottom

ruisleipa wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

LOL at the fact that young Euros dont realize how young the EU is to think that a continent has always been equated to a cultural identity
Tu Stultus Es
ruisleipa
+149|6245|teh FIN-land

eleven bravo wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

LOL at the fact that young Euros dont realize how young the EU is to think that a continent has always been equated to a cultural identity
young europeans? wut??

EU's been around since 93. EU is not the same as the continent of Europe. so what's yer point? The continent of North America includes Canada and the USA and some central american countries as far as I know so it's not the same is it?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard