Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
my iphone texting speed is fucking phenomenal. full, correct-grammar english almost as fast as i can touch-type it on a PC (~150wpm+)

physical tangible keyboards may be cool but i dont see the touchscreen as any form of drag
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6132|Carnoustie MASSIF

Uzique wrote:

my iphone texting speed is fucking phenomenal. full, correct-grammar english almost as fast as i can touch-type it on a PC (~150wpm+)

physical tangible keyboards may be cool but i dont see the touchscreen as any form of drag
iTough is much the same, although it doesn't recognise some words, possible due to my Scottish slang But it's good nonetheless
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6741|Toronto | Canada

Uzique wrote:

I can type as fast as my keyboard can respond on my touch and instinct, but I still greatly prefer a physical keyboard.  Plus it makes typing when youre not looking 1000x easier
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
meh if you can touch-type on a physical keyboard you can touch-type on an iphone with enough practice-- especially in landscape mode

dont have to look at what im typing, it's just a (small) learning curve. regardless, you can type fast on all modern smartphones really...
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6741|Toronto | Canada

I'm not saying you can't do it on a touch screen, but that its far easier and faster on a physical one
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
i couldn't type/text anywhere near as fast on my old phone (with keyboard) as i could on my iphone.

it's the user not the device... dumb argument.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone
HTC Smart is out

https://www.htc.com/uploadedImages/WWW/Press_Room/Product_Photo_Gallery/HTC_Smart/Download_01_HTC_Smart.jpg
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Benzin
+576|6000
HTC is just rolling out Android phones - good.

As far as the touchscreen typing versus physical - I thought the physical was the best until I got a lot of hands-on-time with my Magic. I'm never going back.
ive got the droid now - first thing i gotta say is it is Much faster loading apps and at touch screen typing.. ahhhh   and i can now run slacker radio while i run other apps ahhhhhh.. multitasker festivus

much to explore. . ..

did a drag and drop test pc to phone with music and it worked.. ahhh no itunes blockage.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

OmniDeath wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

GodFather wrote:

Unless the Nexus will jerk me off I dont really see how it has anything else that you need

I'm not saying the droid is a jesus phone, I'm just saying that it does everything I need it to and more (of course with a few bugs, but everything has a few bugs and for two months on the market its a soild phone)

So tell me, what do you plan on doing with your Nexus that I'm not going to be doing on my droid?
Its faster for one. Try doing a little research.
Thanks to a clandestine meeting with a source, I got a chance to play with and try out the Nexus One. It's basically, from my time with it, Google's Droid killer. It's thin, it's fast, it's better in every way.
  • Slimmer, faster and better than Droid in every way.
  • Has a better design than Droid since it is smooth, curby and light in weight
  • Boasts a higher quality and a better screen than iPhone and Droid.
  • Nexus One is astonishingly faster than the Droid.
  • Nexus One loads webpages faster than Droid and iPhone.

The differences aren't huge, but with a bro sis fun rivalry it is.
I don't think it has a better design simply because it is "smooth and curvy." I like the Droid's angular look. Also, the Droid has a full hardware keyboard, that alone is enough for me to pick it over pretty much anything else (I'm still not a huge fan of touch screens).

Besides, if you keep waiting something better will come along and trump the Nexus. That's just how technology is. You need to dive in and get something at some point, even if you know it is going to be replaced (and it probably will be sooner rather than later considering the industry).
It's superiority is beyond design. If you read beyond the keyboard specs this would have been obvious. Speed is important to me. Especially on a platform the champions it's ability to run multiple apps at the same time.

OFC. The rubbing it in my sis's face was just for fun. I still like the droid.. which has iPhone speed and nearly the same guts.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

ive got the droid now - first thing i gotta say is it is Much faster loading apps and at touch screen typing.. ahhhh   and i can now run slacker radio while i run other apps ahhhhhh.. multitasker festivus

much to explore. . ..

did a drag and drop test pc to phone with music and it worked.. ahhh no itunes blockage.
Make sure you enable third party apps and try out the iHeart radio app for Droid..

https://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9439/17431394528045300801880.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
OmniDeath
~
+726|6646

Kmarion wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

GodFather wrote:

Unless the Nexus will jerk me off I dont really see how it has anything else that you need

I'm not saying the droid is a jesus phone, I'm just saying that it does everything I need it to and more (of course with a few bugs, but everything has a few bugs and for two months on the market its a soild phone)

So tell me, what do you plan on doing with your Nexus that I'm not going to be doing on my droid?
Its faster for one. Try doing a little research.

• Slimmer, faster and better than Droid in every way.
  • Has a better design than Droid since it is smooth, curby and light in weight
  • Boasts a higher quality and a better screen than iPhone and Droid.
  • Nexus One is astonishingly faster than the Droid.
  • Nexus One loads webpages faster than Droid and iPhone.

The differences aren't huge, but with a bro sis fun rivalry it is.
I don't think it has a better design simply because it is "smooth and curvy." I like the Droid's angular look. Also, the Droid has a full hardware keyboard, that alone is enough for me to pick it over pretty much anything else (I'm still not a huge fan of touch screens).

Besides, if you keep waiting something better will come along and trump the Nexus. That's just how technology is. You need to dive in and get something at some point, even if you know it is going to be replaced (and it probably will be sooner rather than later considering the industry).
It's superiority is beyond design. If you read beyond the keyboard specs this would have been obvious. Speed is important to me. Especially on a platform the champions it's ability to run multiple apps at the same time.

OFC. The rubbing it in my sis's face was just for fun. I still like the droid.. which has iPhone speed and nearly the same guts.
Get off the cotton pony Kmar, I never said it wasn't faster or better it terms of other design aspects. I just said curves =/= superior design. And a hardware keyboard is important to me.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I didnt say you did. I simply reiterated the facts you excluded ponyboy.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
OmniDeath
~
+726|6646

Kmarion wrote:

I didnt say you did. I simply reiterated the facts you excluded ponyboy.
I excluded them because I'm sure you were right about them, lol.

"Need a haircut, greaser?"
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

oh, lawl -
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

We'll do it for Johnny!

Personally I like curves (wolf whistle).

PS.. the droid is awsm too
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Benzin
+576|6000
Congrats, Kim!

Kmar, that's one thing (as I'm sure you're beginning to learn) about Android that is so awesome: It doesn't need badass hardware to multitask and run like a dream. Hell, my Magic is significantly underpowered in comparison to the iPhone, Droid or the Nexus One and it runs and multitasks like a dream with Android. Android is THE perfect OS for the current mobile handset market, hands down.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Enter the Droid..
https://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6170/googleandroidfuture.gif
Xbone Stormsurgezz
not too happy with the delivery of yahoo mail on here - funny there isnt a yahoo email app yet
havent tried the aolz

visual voicemail is monthly fee kinda thing... (mebbe just on verizon?)

facebook needs a update bad

love having the slacker radio widget -and the weather channel widget, so coo

google updates contacts i edit so fast it's way cool
also facebook and my contacts melted together so i see folks status updates on their contact card  awsum
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Just remember your choices aren't limited to the droid app store. I've found some really cool alternative apps on the web. You just need to enable out of market app installation in your settings.

Do you have google voice? It's pretty damn cool with the android OS.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
it comes with google voice on the phone.. i need it on pc too?

hah i have NOT seen the option for changin to 3rd party i must find it *

//
have you found a good visual voicemail?
//
what else you got on dat dere device?

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2010-01-12 19:59:30)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

You have a google voice account?.. u can you read your voicemails on your phone right?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
woah..   no i have voice dialer and voice search -

///////
PS the GOOGLE Sky Map app is sooooo awesome

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2010-01-13 21:07:09)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

woah..   no i have voice dialer and voice search -

///////
PS the GOOGLE Sky Map app is sooooo awesome
Yea that's not google voice .

Google Sky is pretty cool. Point your phone at the night sky and know the cosmos .
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard