the best phone for verizon is the motorola droid, correct? http://phones.verizonwireless.com/motorola/droid/
switching in a few days and want to make sure the phone is the most bad ass of the bad ass phones.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

I thought the iphone was god?
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Yeah it is, but it's only for cool people though, so I would understand why she is getting a droid.
lol jk I heard the droid is a good phone a lot more better then the iPhone since they learned from the iPhones faults
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6488|Montucky
looks pretty sweet.  I might have to invest when i'm due for a new phone
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

2 people at work got one, will not disappoint, plus google voice ==
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6488|Montucky
in theory does it connect to say the same wireless internet i'm currently using.. or is it the spotty Verizon Wireless network that my current LG Decoy doesn't pick up but instead bounces off an Altell tower causing me to roam?
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

S3v3N wrote:

in theory does it connect to say the same wireless internet i'm currently using.. or is it the spotty Verizon Wireless network that my current LG Decoy doesn't pick up but instead bounces off an Altell tower causing me to roam?
Verizon is flawless for me up and down the east coast.

Winston_Churchill wrote:

it's god at AT&T... 
which has the shittiest 3g nationwide service.

change is good..

thanks for the confirmation jsnipy
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6488|Montucky

jsnipy wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

I live in what is known and commonly refered to as Mountains.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

S3v3N wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

S3v3N wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

what a coincidence!
as i've been with verizon, i've gotten service at strawberry reservoir, fillmore/beaver (yes, that's the name of the turn off), and even in san juan, peurto rico. so far so good for me . . .

burnzz wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

what a coincidence!
as i've been with verizon, i've gotten service at strawberry reservoir, fillmore/beaver (yes, that's the name of the turn off), and even in san juan, peurto rico. so far so good for me . . .
what else would the mountains be called if not referred to as or known as..  mountains?
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6488|Montucky

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

burnzz wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

what a coincidence!
what else would the mountains be called if not referred to as or known as..  mountains?
hills, the sticks, the boonies, bigfoot country, banjo country, a place where a one toothed boy can sit on his chair on his pourch playing his banjo sucking apple sauce through a straw..
Benzin
+576|5968
You can set up the Droid to connect to wifi. It will more than likely not route your calls through the wifi network, but you can do all your data downloading and surfing using it. Duh?

Droid is the second best Android smartphone out there. It was the first best, but now Google released the Nexus One, but it's only available on GSM at the moment.

CapnNismo wrote:

You can set up the Droid to connect to wifi. It will more than likely not route your calls through the wifi network, but you can do all your data downloading and surfing using it. Duh?

Droid is the second best Android smartphone out there. It was the first best, but now Google released the Nexus One, but it's only available on GSM at the moment.
yeah,  but about the nexus atm -  5. It's on T-Mobile (in the U.S.). If there is a carrier that is less well-liked than AT&T, it's T-Mobile. Or at least it would be if they had even nearly as many customers as AT&T. (T-Mobile is the #4 U.S. carrier). This is the company that, with Microsoft's help, suffered a huge data loss late last year. Some people like T-Mobile, but I mostly hear people complaining about coverage issues.
Yes, Google said the Nexus one will end up on Verizon's network, too. Until that happens, the phone--here in the U.S.--is linked to a decidedly second-tier carrier - http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/a … s_one.html
Scratch[USA]
+105|6517

S3v3N wrote:

That is odd Altell = Verizon.  Shitty carriers trying to milk everything out of us.
Random knowledge Droid is a trademark of Lucas Films . . . I wonder if Lucas gets a cut of the sales?
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5220
bb tour ftw
Benzin
+576|5968
Kim, try holding out for the Nexus if you can. I would. It's supposed to come to Verizon in March, I think you can wait that long.

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

bb tour ftw
You have no idea what you're talking about...

Last edited by CapnNismo (2010-01-06 13:32:26)

GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ
Yeah I got one its pretty nice - call clarity is nice and loud

A few bugs and ideas they missed I suppose, that or they're available options I just dont know what to do
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

yeah,  but about the nexus atm -  5. It's on T-Mobile (in the U.S.). If there is a carrier that is less well-liked than AT&T, it's T-Mobile. Or at least it would be if they had even nearly as many customers as AT&T. (T-Mobile is the #4 U.S. carrier). This is the company that, with Microsoft's help, suffered a huge data loss late last year. Some people like T-Mobile, but I mostly hear people complaining about coverage issues.
Yes, Google said the Nexus one will end up on Verizon's network, too. Until that happens, the phone--here in the U.S.--is linked to a decidedly second-tier carrier - http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/a … s_one.html
Nexus .. makes me happy I waited. I can wave it in me sis's face when it comes to verizon..lolxz

droid had a solid two month run..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ

Kmarion wrote:

Nexus .. makes me happy I waited. I can wave it in me sis's face when it comes to verizon..lolxz

Unless the Nexus will jerk me off I dont really see how it has anything else that you need

I'm not saying the droid is a jesus phone, I'm just saying that it does everything I need it to and more (of course with a few bugs, but everything has a few bugs and for two months on the market its a soild phone)

So tell me, what do you plan on doing with your Nexus that I'm not going to be doing on my droid?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

GodFather wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Unless the Nexus will jerk me off I dont really see how it has anything else that you need

I'm not saying the droid is a jesus phone, I'm just saying that it does everything I need it to and more (of course with a few bugs, but everything has a few bugs and for two months on the market its a soild phone)

So tell me, what do you plan on doing with your Nexus that I'm not going to be doing on my droid?
Its faster for one. Try doing a little research.
Thanks to a clandestine meeting with a source, I got a chance to play with and try out the Nexus One. It's basically, from my time with it, Google's Droid killer. It's thin, it's fast, it's better in every way.
  • Slimmer, faster and better than Droid in every way.
  • Has a better design than Droid since it is smooth, curby and light in weight
  • Boasts a higher quality and a better screen than iPhone and Droid.
  • Nexus One is astonishingly faster than the Droid.
  • Nexus One loads webpages faster than Droid and iPhone.

The differences aren't huge, but with a bro sis fun rivalry it is.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Benzin
+576|5968
The biggest differences between the Nexus and the Droid (and the iPhone) are really just the display and speed of the Nexus. Bigger and better display and a faster processor than what is found in the iPhone.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

Kmarion wrote:

GodFather wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Its faster for one. Try doing a little research.
Thanks to a clandestine meeting with a source, I got a chance to play with and try out the Nexus One. It's basically, from my time with it, Google's Droid killer. It's thin, it's fast, it's better in every way.
  • Slimmer, faster and better than Droid in every way.
  • Has a better design than Droid since it is smooth, curby and light in weight
  • Boasts a higher quality and a better screen than iPhone and Droid.
  • Nexus One is astonishingly faster than the Droid.
  • Nexus One loads webpages faster than Droid and iPhone.

The differences aren't huge, but with a bro sis fun rivalry it is.
I don't think it has a better design simply because it is "smooth and curvy." I like the Droid's angular look. Also, the Droid has a full hardware keyboard, that alone is enough for me to pick it over pretty much anything else (I'm still not a huge fan of touch screens).

Besides, if you keep waiting something better will come along and trump the Nexus. That's just how technology is. You need to dive in and get something at some point, even if you know it is going to be replaced (and it probably will be sooner rather than later considering the industry).

Last edited by OmniDeath (2010-01-07 01:50:45)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

If they had added an OLED screen to the Nexus, it would be the iPhone AND Droid killer. Stupid phones still working with old screen technology.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard