rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5862
ok, as part of my assignment I have to illistrate and explain different types of power transmissions.

Now I have been told in one question to explain 2 different types of drive shafts. Now im struggling to find anything on this. BTW im a mechanical engineering student.

Can someone help?

Thanks
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6131|Carnoustie MASSIF
How about RWD vs. FWD, two different typed of driveshaft?
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6519|Montucky
Constant Velocity Drive Shaft

Cardan Drive Shaft

Double Cardan Drive Shaft
Benzin
+576|6000
Material? There's carbon fiber and also magnesium (both to save weight), then the traditional metals that auto manufacturers use on your average road car.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Just the shaft or including the joint?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6578|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

S3v3N wrote:

Cardan Drive Shaft

Dont talk about CV joint man, gotta change one on my car...making me a sad driving panda!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

CapnNismo wrote:

Material? There's carbon fiber and also magnesium (both to save weight), then the traditional metals that auto manufacturers use on your average road car.
I've never heard of a CF drive shaft. What cars use those?
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6519|Montucky

Roger Lesboules wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

Cardan Drive Shaft

Dont talk about CV joint man, gotta change one on my car...making me a sad driving panda!
Not that hard, remove big fucking nut, smash with hammer, remove upper ball joint and shock in needed, pry out CV shaft.  Install new CV shaft, top of transmission fluid

and profit
artofsurvival
Idiot!
+33|6358|the Great British Queendom :)
Erm, just to be stupid but has this got anything to do with "Differentials"? Surely a drive shaft is a piece of material that runs from gearage to driveshaft to axle? Making a driveshaft a solid object? I am no mechanic but hey thought I'd ask.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

S3v3N wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

Cardan Drive Shaft

Not that hard, remove big fucking nut, smash with hammer, remove upper ball joint and shock in needed, pry out CV shaft.  Install new CV shaft, top of transmission fluid

and profit
Oh its not the installation that is the problem Its more like finding one that wont get me bankrupt right now I guess im lucky to be driving a somewhat old car, those piece should not be to hard to find. Good things about old car...its perfect practice for would be mechanic!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Get a reconditioned CV joint, job can be a real pain on some cars.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6519|Montucky
depending on price.. a Reman CV Joint might be the way to go, for example, my Ex girlfriend drove a Honda, a new CV shaft from Honda was 850.00USD, a Remanufactured CV was 100.00

My car for another example, A reman is 65, and a new one direct from General Motors is like 90.00...
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
I drive a New Yorker Fifth Avenue '91.

Looked at the price...reman are about 100$ I dont know if its possible to go for used...probably not the best idea but i dunno, what do you guys think?
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6519|Montucky
get a Reman.

Used is definitely a bad idea
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
Aight, gonna go for the reman, after all, i love my car, better not feed him shit pieces.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

you all everybody.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6519|Montucky

Miggle wrote:

you all everybody.
What the Fuck Miggle?
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6743|London

Fuck you miggle, cunt
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Benzin
+576|6000

ghettoperson wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

I've never heard of a CF drive shaft. What cars use those?
I've seen them custom-made for various race cars. I honestly can't recall that there are any companies that make magnesium and carbon fiber drive shafts as a normal product. It's been a few years since I was fully in the aftermarket scene and I've honestly forgotten many of the tiny details. That being said, I've seen them ONLY on aftermarket cars. I can't ever remember seeing a magnesium or a carbon fiber on a production car, not even any of these lightweight exotics (Aston Martin DBR9, F430 Scuderia, etc.).
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6223|Brisneyland
We used to have a car with a torque tube drive shaft. Not sure if thats what he means. IE Torque tube and non torque tube?
baggs
+732|6205

rammunition wrote:

ok, as part of my assignment I have to illistrate and explain different types of power transmissions.

Now I have been told in one question to explain 2 different types of drive shafts. Now im struggling to find anything on this. BTW im a mechanical engineering student.

Can someone help?

Thanks
you said shaft.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5862

baggs wrote:

rammunition wrote:

Can someone help?

Thanks
you said shaft.
yes!?

Ok thanks guys. Ok, I'm a bit stressed as I have to hand in 3 different assingments in tomorrow that should have been handed in before christmas

Ok last few questions. I'm writing a technical report on copper. I'm after inforation that describes the price of copper over the last few years. I have found diagrams but I need words. Also I need to find the cost ratio of copper to other materials in use of application i.e. comparing cost of silver with copper in electrical use etc.

I know it sounds alot but my assingment is massive and these are just little bits I'm in need of help of.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

rammunition wrote:

baggs wrote:

rammunition wrote:

Can someone help?

Thanks
you said shaft.
yes!?

Ok thanks guys. Ok, I'm a bit stressed as I have to hand in 3 different assingments in tomorrow that should have been handed in before christmas

Ok last few questions. I'm writing a technical report on copper. I'm after inforation that describes the price of copper over the last few years. I have found diagrams but I need words. Also I need to find the cost ratio of copper to other materials in use of application i.e. comparing cost of silver with copper in electrical use etc.

I know it sounds alot but my assingment is massive and these are just little bits I'm in need of help of.
Cost of copper went up due to market speculation (buying shit off to keep prices high), not due to the rising use of copper afaik. I know Aluminium spiked a bit when China built the olympic stadium.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Benzin
+576|6000
I imagine if you can look up the various market exchange data, that should give you a nice graph with prices and everything of what you need. That should be more than enough for a legitimate source for a research paper.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5862

CapnNismo wrote:

I imagine if you can look up the various market exchange data, that should give you a nice graph with prices and everything of what you need. That should be more than enough for a legitimate source for a research paper.
I have this

http://www.infomine.com/investment/hist … p?c=Copper

Just need to describe it more than anything.

Its just the bit on finding the cost comparison of copper applications to other material applications.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard