GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6212|Phoenix, AZ
http://www.bastropenterprise.com/homepa … ug-charges

https://www.bastropenterprise.com/archive/x370505246/g13c000c6f9a462d50ad71dc8bb48a8d58c518773703a76.jpg

Bastrop, La. -

Marijuana growing in a local residence landed a mother and son behind bars.

Agents from the Morehouse Parish Sheriff’s Office received information Tuesday afternoon that marijuana was being grown in a Summerlin Lane residence. The agents went to 1109 Summerlin Lane and spoke to Angela Hughes, 51. She gave officers consent to search the home and a box was found with a marijuana plant inside it. A light attached to the box was shining on the plant.

Hughes contacted her son, Ryan Morris, 18, via telephone and told him the officers were at the residence. Her statements led officers to believe she had prior knowledge of the marijuana being grown in the residence.

Hughes was placed under arrest and Morris came to the MPSO and turned himself in. The pair were charged with cultivation of marijuana and conspiracy to cultivate marijuana. They were both placed in the MPSO jail.

Working the case along with the MPSO was La. Probation and Parole.
First off, those are like 13w lights, definately NOT enough to grow that plant well, those people had NO idea what they were doing

Mother & Son in jail now, for ONE plant

This is like throwing people in jail that are trying to produce cocaine in their basement.

Also I like how they call the cops, "agents"

This is yet another example of wasted money, do you guys know how much we could save (United States) if we stopped fucking with people for Cannabis? How much space in jails would be let up so the child molesters have a place to stay? How much industry would be created?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

GodFather wrote:

This is yet another example of wasted money, do you guys know how much we could save (United States) if we stopped fucking with people for Cannabis? How much space in jails would be let up so the child molesters have a place to stay? How much industry would be created?
How much money could be made if it were legalised and taxed?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709

AussieReaper wrote:

GodFather wrote:

How much money could be made if it were legalised and taxed?
Saves 14 Billion a year in cop fees, and makes around 700 million dollars.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

And takes power away from criminal gangs. Bikies who cook shit in bathtubs and sell it.

Takes away drugs imports from the Middle East, Cuba (dents the incomes of both the terrorists and Commies!).
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709

AussieReaper wrote:

And takes power away from criminal gangs. Bikies who cook shit in bathtubs and sell it.
Bikies make meth and hajji makes heroin. Weed is such a white boy thing lol.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

The point still stands, legalise marijuana and the other "illegal" drugs are avoided for so many reasons.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
Fuckwits need to stop growing cannabis then, its illegal, don't do it - unless you want to waste Police time and take up prison space.
Either campaign for legalisation or STFU and have a beer, breaking laws just because you don't like them is not on.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6511|Montucky

Dilbert_X wrote:

Fuckwits need to stop growing cannabis then, its illegal, don't do it - unless you want to waste Police time and take up prison space.
Either campaign for legalisation or STFU and have a beer, breaking laws just because you don't like them is not on.
Logic FTW.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

GodFather wrote:

http://www.bastropenterprise.com/homepage/x370505259/Mother-son-jailed-on-drug-charges

http://www.bastropenterprise.com/archiv … 703a76.jpg

Bastrop, La. -

Marijuana growing in a local residence landed a mother and son behind bars.

Agents from the Morehouse Parish Sheriff’s Office received information Tuesday afternoon that marijuana was being grown in a Summerlin Lane residence. The agents went to 1109 Summerlin Lane and spoke to Angela Hughes, 51. She gave officers consent to search the home and a box was found with a marijuana plant inside it. A light attached to the box was shining on the plant.

Hughes contacted her son, Ryan Morris, 18, via telephone and told him the officers were at the residence. Her statements led officers to believe she had prior knowledge of the marijuana being grown in the residence.

Hughes was placed under arrest and Morris came to the MPSO and turned himself in. The pair were charged with cultivation of marijuana and conspiracy to cultivate marijuana. They were both placed in the MPSO jail.

Working the case along with the MPSO was La. Probation and Parole.
First off, those are like 13w lights, definately NOT enough to grow that plant well, those people had NO idea what they were doing

Mother & Son in jail now, for ONE plant

This is like throwing people in jail that are trying to produce cocaine in their basement.

Also I like how they call the cops, "agents"

I'm having trouble sympathising given that it's not like it isn't patently obvious to anyone with a brain that growing cannabis is illegal.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
GodFather
+387|6212|Phoenix, AZ

Dilbert_X wrote:

And in Nebraska it's illegal to sell liquor unless your simultaneously brewing soup... If a bartender was arrested most would say that even though it's a law, the police should not waste their time on that bullshit.

Same thing, the thread is called, "Tax Dollars at work", not "Weed should be illegal it's making mothers and sons going to jail!"

That beer that I should drink once was illegal just as marijuana was, and people still pumped out moonshine, just as people grow weed in their basement and sell it with the current war on drugs

I guess as soon as alcohol was made illegal people should have stopped making it

And dilbert, your wrong. People break the law, all the time, no matter what you do people will keep breaking them and they will go to jail. The solution to save BILLIONS of dollars and the cops time isnt to just tell people, "hey stop smoking that and stop growing it and never have it in your possesion" Obviously they wont listen to you, the only way to save all that money would be to make it legal to consume something that wont destroy your liver or make you beat your wife. And no I'm not argueing why it should be legalized, thats like telling an athiest why he should believe in god or vice versa.
(My point in italics)

And either campaign for legalization or have a beer? Uhh, people have been campaigning for the last 20 years, seriously at least. And now we have like 8 MMJ states whoopie, the closest thing is something going up for voting in 2010 in California that makes an oz legal to possess and x amount of space to grow if your >21. But like we should wait, cross our fingers, and hope it gets passed, and then move to california?

Last edited by GodFather (2010-01-01 01:57:10)

Spark
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS
And no I'm not argueing why it should be legalized, thats like telling an athiest why he should believe in god or vice versa.
Then what are you whining about? Honestly, your position makes no sense. Are you seriously saying that laws shouldn't be enforced 'cos they're too expensive? As Dilbert says, breaking laws because you don't like them is a fucking-no.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6725|St. Andrews / Oslo

What are you saying here?

That the police should pick out the cases it wants to follow dependant on costs? That crimes should be legalized because working against it is expensive? Fuck, dumbest thing I've heard all year (geddit).

edit - lol, didn't see that Spark said the exact same thing. So yeah. what he said.

Last edited by Jenspm (2010-01-01 03:34:17)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Godfather wrote:

Same thing, the thread is called, "Tax Dollars at work", not "Weed should be illegal it's making mothers and sons going to jail!"
Its illegal, the Police are paid to catch people who break the law and bring them to court.
Don't like it either don't break the law or get it changed.

In a civilised society people don't get to pick and choose which laws they follow, and the Police don't get to pick and choose which laws they enforce depending on their whim or budget.

And what Spark and Jenspm said.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-01-01 04:03:46)

Benzin
+576|5991
GodFather, your argument is flawed. I am all for the legalizing of cannabis (or at least the decriminalization), but what you are using as your main argument is rather dumb.
Phrozenbot
+632|6608|do not disturb

Dilbert_X wrote:

Is it that our prisons are over-populated because of excessive law breaking, or maybe too many laws that are also very harsh for honestly petty stuff?

Last edited by Phrozenbot (2010-01-01 04:32:34)

GodFather
+387|6212|Phoenix, AZ
thought flow

war on drugs has failed

[opinioncannabis shouldnt be illegal, it should be treated as tobacco and alcohol is

cannabis is illegal

because cannabis is illegal it costs a lot of money to enforce the flawed laws

[point] if laws were changed to be just, to allow people to consume something relatively harmless and trust them to be responsible just as they do with alcohol we would save a lot of money

money is important in the times of financial crisis

thats what im saying in the above but summarized
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Phrozenbot wrote:

Is it that our prisons are over-populated because of excessive law breaking, or maybe too many laws that are also very harsh for honestly petty stuff?
Its petty in your opinion, obviously not petty in the opinion of govt and the people who write the laws and penalties.
Hard luck, either don't do it or don't whinge when you're caught.
Phrozenbot
+632|6608|do not disturb

Dilbert_X wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

Its petty in your opinion, obviously not petty in the opinion of govt and the people who write the laws and penalties.
I'm certainly in favor of law. If I wasn't, I'd be an anarchist. However, you certainly can't believe the government doesn't over-react on some things, do you? People can hate pot heads all they want, I don't see them harming society anymore than people who like a cold one after work. That's my opinion however, and your post seems to suggest it doesn't have any weight against the state. That might be true, but anyone living in a republic should understand it's the people who grant government power, therefore I think my opinion has some weight.

So what's so wrong with questioning the government? If no one questioned the status quo at all, who would stand up to the government when it infringes on our liberties? Because apparently we are just supposed to sit down and shut up.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709

CapnNismo wrote:

GodFather, your argument is flawed. I am all for the legalizing of cannabis (or at least the decriminalization), but what you are using as your main argument is rather dumb.
He's attempting to apply Thoreau's "Civil Disobedience" concept in this issue. If the mother and son disagree with said law and break it, they should know they would get in trouble for it. Civil disobedience is still disobedience. You break the law no matter how harsh, know the fucking consequences.
Spark
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

Phrozenbot wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

I'm certainly in favor of law. If I wasn't, I'd be an anarchist. However, you certainly can't believe the government doesn't over-react on some things, do you? People can hate pot heads all they want, I don't see them harming society anymore than people who like a cold one after work. That's my opinion however, and your post seems to suggest it doesn't have any weight against the state. That might be true, but anyone living in a republic should understand it's the people who grant government power, therefore I think my opinion has some weight.

So what's so wrong with questioning the government? If no one questioned the status quo at all, who would stand up to the government when it infringes on our liberties? Because apparently we are just supposed to sit down and shut up.
There is a difference between questioning the government - i.e. questioning the law itself - and this, which is saying that the law shouldn't be enforced. That's just stupid.
~ Richard Feynman
Benzin
+576|5991
I think we can all agree that the fact that they broke the law is wrong, even if the law itself is wrong.

Cannabis is also partly illegal because of hemp's threat to the cotton industry. It used to be legal to grow hemp to be used in the textile industry, but because it was so much better than cotton in so many ways, it threatened the status quo. Thus, it was lobbied to have it outlawed because of marijuana (hemp and marijuana both being from the cannabis family) being a "dangerous" drug.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6570|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
It goes this way. Cannabis is illegal, either you chose to break law and grow/smoke it and accept the fine and penalty. Or either you stay clear of it and go on.

If in YOUR opinion driving 100 mpg in a 70 mph zone if petty, go ahead do it, but youll have to pay the price, same goes for drugs. You are warned, you chose to break law...Shut the fuck up you just lost your right.
Benzin
+576|5991
Roger, work on your English.
Phrozenbot
+632|6608|do not disturb

Spark wrote:

There is a difference between questioning the government - i.e. questioning the law itself - and this, which is saying that the law shouldn't be enforced. That's just stupid.
I understand the difference. The point of this thread is to point out how the government is taxing us so they can put away 'criminals' like these away. No matter how much money we throw at the war on drugs, it doesn't seem to be working. My impression was Godfather had an issue with the law, not simply about enforcing it. If you feel it shouldn't be enforced, chances are you probably don't wish the law existed. He already clarified that.

I bet some of you would have issues being punished for pirating photoshop or something stupid like that.

edit: typo

Last edited by Phrozenbot (2010-01-02 15:30:33)

Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6725|St. Andrews / Oslo

Phrozenbot wrote:

you are completely missing the point. Protest all you want, join the hippie parades, whatever - I don't care.

HOWEVER - you cannot protest against someone getting punished for breaking the law, a law that was put forward in a democratic country and has lasted over the course of more than one election term. I don't know how it works over there, but I assume laws are passed by some sort of parliament, whether it's the senate or state-specific. Vote people that support legalisation into the parliament, if that's what you want.

And CapnNismo, shut up, it's not exactly hard to understand. He's foreign, as are you, and as am I. None of us speak this language perfectly.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard