Commie Killer
+192|6403

lowing wrote:

venom6 wrote:

How come that USA and EU cant win a war against some poor equipted "terrorists" who dont got high tech stuff, jets, artillery, uav and so on.
That whole "war" is a big fucking lie. Military superpowers cant win that war since when? 2001 or when did they moved into that country?
They can win, do we have your permission to unleash our military as needed, or shall we try to keep fighting with both hands tied behind our backs by PC rope, leaving you the the opportunity to ask your smug, insipid, condescending question?
Oh gimme a fucking break, doing that would do nothing but destroy all hope we have in that country. Intelligent planning, restricted use of overly destructive weapons, respect towards the local peoples, and surgical strikes which are done in a way to have a minimally negative effect upon the rest of the population are the only way we have any hope of succeeding.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum

Commie Killer wrote:

lowing wrote:

venom6 wrote:

How come that USA and EU cant win a war against some poor equipted "terrorists" who dont got high tech stuff, jets, artillery, uav and so on.
That whole "war" is a big fucking lie. Military superpowers cant win that war since when? 2001 or when did they moved into that country?
They can win, do we have your permission to unleash our military as needed, or shall we try to keep fighting with both hands tied behind our backs by PC rope, leaving you the the opportunity to ask your smug, insipid, condescending question?
Oh gimme a fucking break, doing that would do nothing but destroy all hope we have in that country. Intelligent planning, restricted use of overly destructive weapons, respect towards the local peoples, and surgical strikes which are done in a way to have a minimally negative effect upon the rest of the population are the only way we have any hope of succeeding.
Apparently using your brain and not your brawn is being 'PC'. v0v
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6489|Kakanien

Mekstizzle wrote:

Well to be fair even the Soviets did the whole "Hoorah" approach and it didn't even work out for them either
maximum personnel strength of the russian army in afghanistan was 115000

maybe they would have won if they'd sent 300000, 500000 or 1 mio soldiers
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

FatherTed wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

lowing wrote:

Then pose the question differently. the question was, in a smart ass tone, asked why the mighty US can not win with our advanced weaponry. The answer and the truth is, we can win militarily, but we are fighting with our hands tied.

So the question for you now is, since we are agreed we are not using the full potiential of our military. How is your approach, fully engaged in PC wworking out for you? Can't be doing to great since you are bitching about progress.

Last edited by lowing (2009-12-28 15:24:19)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Then pose the question differently. the question was, in a smart ass tone, asked why the mighty US can not win with our advanced weaponry. The answer and the truth is, we can win militarily, but we are fighting with our hands tied.

So the question for you now is, since we are agreed we are not using the full potiential of our military. How is your approach, fully engaged in PC wworking out for you? Can't be doing to great since you are bitching about progress.
Read up a few posts for my opinion on why i don't think you can win militarily. And by that i mean more tanks and more guns and more soldiers, which is what you mean, for future clarification.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Read up a few posts for my opinion on why i don't think you can win militarily. And by that i mean more tanks and more guns and more soldiers, which is what you mean, for future clarification.
I addressed the smart ass insipid question asked as to why the US isn't winning with all of our mighty technology. Nothing more. Furthermore, my response was correct.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

I addressed the smart ass insipid question asked as to why the US isn't winning with all of our mighty technology. Nothing more. Furthermore, my response was correct.
Ok i'm getting completly lost with this discussion.

To clarify for me, if the U.S was given free reign to use all of it's assets in Afghanistan, what would you prefer for them to do now, that they don't do currently?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

To clarify for me, if the U.S was given free reign to use all of it's assets in Afghanistan, what would you prefer for them to do now, that they don't do currently?
I prefer, if we are going to war, that we go no holds barred, win it unconditionally, then sort it out afterward. Pussyfooting around with politicians cost lives. diplomacy is for politicans, when that fails war is the next step. War is for the military, once war is unleashed, it is not right to ask a military to fight it with spitballs when they have tanks. it is not right to tell them they will be prosicuted if they shoot someone, after sending them in to fight.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

I prefer, if we are going to war, that we go no holds barred, win it unconditionally, then sort it out afterward. Pussyfooting around with politicians cost lives. diplomacy is for politicans, when that fails war is the next step. War is for the military, once war is unleashed, it is not right to ask a military to fight it with spitballs when they have tanks. it is not right to tell them they will be prosicuted if they shoot someone, after sending them in to fight.
Yeah i asked what you'd do differently, not to restate your issues with the way it's being done currently.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Yeah i asked what you'd do differently, not to restate your issues with the way it's being done currently.
thought I answered that, right now, it is being conducted in a restricted hands tied fashion, I would pull out all the stops and and fuck up afghanistan until they beg us to stop, and hand over Bin Laden. If you declare war, go to war to win
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

thought I answered that, right now, it is being conducted in a restricted hands tied fashion, I would pull out all the stops and and fuck up afghanistan until they beg us to stop, and hand over Bin Laden. If you declare war, go to war to win
But what would pulling the stops out include? tanks flattening villages sorta scale, or glassing the country bit by bit sorta scale?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6637|London, England

FEOS wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

point nicely raised mek.
Also the Soviets didn't even have to build a new Government/Army as we did. They already had one in Afghanistan that was allied with them from the beginning. And they all still lost
Key difference: The Afghan people aren't supporting the insurgency this time around. During the Soviet period, they did. If the people are supporting the insurgency, you can't win. Period. Vietnam and Soviet-era Afghanistan proved that.
They will if we decide to do things the way lowing and people like him wants.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-12-28 16:33:55)

Longbow
+163|6663|Odessa, Ukraine

Vilham wrote:

During Hitlers's reign minorities were fucked, indeed. But majority was quite ok. Now whole German nation is fucked (cold war ruined eastern Germany).
Im amazed you can't see the similarity.
Whole German nation isn't leaded by weak pro-american leaders who cant control religious fanatics inside of country. The real power in Iraq now are imams and mullas - and they drive the country back, forcing people to live by strict following of quran. At least during Saddam's reign of terror you wasn't prosecuted only because you dont believe in Allah.
And srsly, comparing Germany, one of the best & strongest european countries to a shithole called Iraq? I doubt Germany was that bad even in 1953. I doubt Iraq will be anything like Germany in 2066, or ever.

Commie Killer wrote:

Think long term, obviously Iraq is fucked up, but its a hell of a lot better then it was in 2006, and the situation is improving, SLOWLY. I don't believe we should have went into Iraq, while I do believe that we should have went into Korea, but that is not the reason I drew the parallels. I equate the two because Korea took decades to fully become a real democracy and a stable country, Iraq will most likely work out the same way. I know you've only been out of your mothers cooter for 12 years but the world events have been happening for longer then that.
Things are only becoming worse when coalition troops are trying to pass responsibility to so called legitimate Iraqi goverment. First they screwed the things up, turned quite liberal (speaking of religion) country into a shithole - now they wanna leave, even though taking into account current situation they are the only force that can possibly keep law & order in the country.

p/s I find further arguments with someone, who accuse me of being 12 years old when he finds out that my opinion is different compared to his, pointless. I'm 22 by the way.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6783|UK

Longbow wrote:

Vilham wrote:

During Hitlers's reign minorities were fucked, indeed. But majority was quite ok. Now whole German nation is fucked (cold war ruined eastern Germany).
Im amazed you can't see the similarity.
Whole German nation isn't leaded by weak pro-american leaders who cant control religious fanatics inside of country. The real power in Iraq now are imams and mullas - and they drive the country back, forcing people to live by strict following of quran. At least during Saddam's reign of terror you wasn't prosecuted only because you dont believe in Allah.
And srsly, comparing Germany, one of the best & strongest european countries to a shithole called Iraq? I doubt Germany was that bad even in 1953. I doubt Iraq will be anything like Germany in 2066, or ever.
Do you know nothing of soviet era Germany?

As to your "during saddams reign" thing, so because he might not have based his persecutions on religion (which he did btw) its somehow ok to murder people and commit genocide?

I swear all the ex Commie state people who post on here are seriously deluded as to what kind of person he was.
Commie Killer
+192|6403

Longbow wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Think long term, obviously Iraq is fucked up, but its a hell of a lot better then it was in 2006, and the situation is improving, SLOWLY. I don't believe we should have went into Iraq, while I do believe that we should have went into Korea, but that is not the reason I drew the parallels. I equate the two because Korea took decades to fully become a real democracy and a stable country, Iraq will most likely work out the same way. I know you've only been out of your mothers cooter for 12 years but the world events have been happening for longer then that.
Things are only becoming worse when coalition troops are trying to pass responsibility to so called legitimate Iraqi goverment. First they screwed the things up, turned quite liberal (speaking of religion) country into a shithole - now they wanna leave, even though taking into account current situation they are the only force that can possibly keep law & order in the country.

p/s I find further arguments with someone, who accuse me of being 12 years old when he finds out that my opinion is different compared to his, pointless. I'm 22 by the way.
Your view of reality is a little off in some areas, but I guess that depends on what reality is huh. Just a different perspective I suppose.

I'm interested as to why you think that the Iraqi government is illegitimate(I could understand that if you were talking about Afghanistan), and why you believe it has a very conservative religious stance(in the region its doing pretty good, especially if you stand it up next to Saudi Arabia) why its a shit hole, again, its been improving since 2007, and who are leaving that are the only ones who can keep law and order in that country.

EDIT: Might find this a little interesting.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2009-12-28 20:41:11)

=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6382|California
as useless as America is? I think so!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5374|London, England

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Learn to swim.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6382|California

JohnG@lt wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Learn to swim.
I did how did you think I got to America, by boat? pshh noobs.
Longbow
+163|6663|Odessa, Ukraine

Commie Killer wrote:

Your view of reality is a little off in some areas, but I guess that depends on what reality is huh. Just a different perspective I suppose.
Well I guess you don't understand the theoury of minor evil. I suppose that Saddam was minor evil compared to islamic fundamentalists. Saddam was at least somewhat predictable.

Commie Killer wrote:

I'm interested as to why you think that the Iraqi government is illegitimate(I could understand that if you were talking about Afghanistan), and why you believe it has a very conservative religious stance(in the region its doing pretty good, especially if you stand it up next to Saudi Arabia) why its a shit hole
I'm pretty much sure that Iraqi goverment is pro-american not because all Iraqi's are found of America, but because different (read: antiamerican or isolationist) candidates simply wont pass even 1st tour. If you call that legitimate...

As for religion part, yes, on paper country is ruled by the goverment who isn't stricly following sharia laws blablabla...but in reality islamists are the only force (exept the coalition, who are about to leave soon) in the country. Guess who is effecting overall political climate and social life the most? Right, mullas and imams.

I strongly believe that religion is separated from the state for a reason. I'm pretty sure that should happen to islam too. Thats why I think that moderately religious dictator was better that bunch of radical islamists. I doubt current goverment will survive next 5 years after coalition forces leave. Probably the same shit like in Iran will happen. Islamic revolution, ffs.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6427|'Murka

Mekstizzle wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Also the Soviets didn't even have to build a new Government/Army as we did. They already had one in Afghanistan that was allied with them from the beginning. And they all still lost
Key difference: The Afghan people aren't supporting the insurgency this time around. During the Soviet period, they did. If the people are supporting the insurgency, you can't win. Period. Vietnam and Soviet-era Afghanistan proved that.
They will if we decide to do things the way lowing and people like him wants.
That's just a lack of understanding of the battlespace, tbh. Not a personal fan of overly restrictive ROE myself, but I understand why they are there. I think if you look, you'll see a correlation between an increased Coalition casualty rate and the emplacement of the new ROE when McChrystal showed up. That bothers me...but I think you'll also see a correlation between an increased Afghan public opinion and that same time period, which is tied to the overall objective.

Fighting wars with opinion polls. Yay.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6122|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

I would pull out all the stops and and fuck up afghanistan until they beg us to stop, and hand over Bin Laden
Uh Bin Laden is in Pakistan...
BTW These guys keep going until they're dead, they won't beg for anything at that point.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

But what would pulling the stops out include? tanks flattening villages sorta scale, or glassing the country bit by bit sorta scale?
I don't give a shit, I am not a general. Ask them. I simply feel whenever the last resort of war is called for, the decisions then should turn to the military as to how best achieve victory. and yes, if it is to be war, victory victory should be the objective.

Or have you not noticed, when speaking of Afghanistan, Obama never mentions the words win or victory. Only time lines.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

I would pull out all the stops and and fuck up afghanistan until they beg us to stop, and hand over Bin Laden
Uh Bin Laden is in Pakistan...
BTW These guys keep going until they're dead, they won't beg for anything at that point.
works for me.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6169|what

What are you gonna do, bomb them into the stone age?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

What are you gonna do, bomb them into the stone age?
Dunno I guess that would be up to them as t ohow much ass whippin' they are willing to take.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard