SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6403|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Right, so I got a joystick for Christmas, and in the Helicopter section, it refuses to register my roll, saying there's a duplicate control already.

I blanked the entire section for the hell of it, and it still says "Duplicate Control found in Helicopter Controls" Another problem is that in the roll right/left section, not a single key registers. Obviously my keyboard works, I'm typing this Anyone know how I'd fix this?
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6403|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Flying planes is perfect, I got pitch up/down, everything I want.

Just tried the helicopter again. I programmed the Y axis on my controller for pitch up and down, the key registers, but in game, pushing my stick front/back does jack shit. All other buttons function properly, just the stick itself doesnt. So I can fire, turn, accelerate/decelerate, flare, but not pitch up/down/left/right.
Keyboard issue has been solved, I was inputting them in secondary control when I had a blank primary control, so it wouldnt work
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5473
Is your joystick executing a command automatically or the incorrect command when you try to map the roll function? This is common with analog joysticks that are out of calibration.

You can always go to your control.con file located in your BF2 folder in your documents and edit it manually using notepad. You can make a copy before trying to edit it or just set them to default if you mess it up. In most cases this files is pretty easy to edit.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5171|Sydney

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Is your joystick executing a command automatically or the incorrect command when you try to map the roll function? This is common with analog joysticks that are out of calibration.

You can always go to your control.con file located in your BF2 folder in your documents and edit it manually using notepad. You can make a copy before trying to edit it or just set them to default if you mess it up. In most cases this files is pretty easy to edit.
This.

Manually change the command in notepad. You can do the same to make parachute the space bar, so you jump and chute using the same key.

If you're really unsure, this will work.
You probably can skip step 1 and just change 9 to space. The same applies for any other changes to keybinds.

Make sure you backup first.

1. Open BF2 and define secondary button for parachute. (for example Y)

2. Open file "C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.con" there you should find following lines:

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_9 10000 0

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_Y 10000 1

3. Then change the other line from Y to Space you can use space to jump and open parachute.

And this is how it should look after changing it. Of course you could just add this line to your Controls.con.
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_Space 10000 1

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-05-12 21:51:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard