Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

CameronPoe wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I'm flying to Newark on Monday. Am I going to be diverted to Gitmo?
Why Newark? I hope Jersey isn't your final destination (no pun intended).
Halifax, Nova Scotia. 7 hour stopover though so I might get the train into Penn Stn.
I'll buy ya a beer if you do

http://www.tsa.gov/ is the info you need for flights.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
I almost got a job at the Bob hope airport as a TSA screener.

you think LAX is bad?  JFK made everyone of us coming back from Iraq take our boots off when we went through security for the layover.  We had our rifles on the plane.  Im sure its like that in other airports but still.
Tu Stultus Es
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England

eleven bravo wrote:

you think LAX is bad?  JFK made everyone of us coming back from Iraq take our boots off when we went through security for the layover.  We had our rifles on the plane.  Im sure its like that in other airports but still.
Did they do that to make sure you guys weren't smuggling anything back, or that they did it as a terrorist thing, cos the latter, well that would be weird
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

eleven bravo wrote:

Man, I wish we flew into JFK, I could've had my family meet me We flew into stupid Bangor, ME instead. Fucking -20 degrees outside and we're all outside smoking like chimneys in our thin ass DCUs.

I got to skip customs completely when I flew into JFK on leave. I flashed my military ID and the guard walked me through the 2000 or so people waiting on line. It was sweet as hell

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2009-12-26 09:29:33)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North
ZOMFG CAM IMMA STEAL YOU

halifax is only 2-3 hours away from me

if you are going to be stuck there for long i suggest going to the museum and looking at the halifax explosion exhibit

ok ill stop derailing now

OT: so what was it exactly that he tried to set off?

Last edited by krazed (2009-12-26 09:29:13)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom

Mekstizzle wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Did they do that to make sure you guys weren't smuggling anything back, or that they did it as a terrorist thing, cos the latter, well that would be weird
they screened us as if we were going on a flight like everyone else.  Most of us had our boots on for 20 plus hours so it was their loss.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom

JohnG@lt wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Man, I wish we flew into JFK, I could've had my family meet me We flew into stupid Bangor, ME instead. Fucking -20 degrees outside and we're all outside smoking like chimneys in our thin ass DCUs.

I got to skip customs completely when I flew into JFK on leave. I flashed my military ID and the guard walked me through the 2000 or so people waiting on line. It was sweet as hell
my buddy met up with his sister there. 

We flew through maine on the way over there.  It was the first time I had ever been really snowed on, not counting extra duty on feb 04.
Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD
I've never had a hassle at any airports in the DC area, kinda funny given we're such an awsm city.

And ya I know that people have had issues with the watch/no-fly list. That's why we need something better than a list of names; because chances are your name isn't unique.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

mikkel wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

mikkel wrote:

I'd like to see what actually happened once the media gets off their frenzy. On one site it was a device, on another site it was a powder, on a third site it was an explosive device, and on a fourth site it was an incendiary device.
which said which?
The LA Times called it an 'incendiary device', Voice of America called it an 'explosive device', and the Washington Post are referring to a powder.
Incendiary just means it can cause a fire. The method he attempted used powder that could have (chemically) exploded causing a fire.

Problem solved.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I've never had a hassle at any airports in the DC area, kinda funny given we're such an awsm city.

And ya I know that people have had issues with the watch/no-fly list. That's why we need something better than a list of names; because chances are your name isn't unique.
Mohamed lel.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker
+1 to the passenger who jumped him and to the passenger applying the headlock
mikkel
+383|6601

Kmarion wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

which said which?
The LA Times called it an 'incendiary device', Voice of America called it an 'explosive device', and the Washington Post are referring to a powder.
Incendiary just means it can cause a fire. The method he attempted used powder that could have (chemically) exploded causing a fire.

Problem solved.
I'm well aware of what 'incendiary' means, and I'm also well aware of what the possibilities are. You aren't solving any problems; simply adding more speculation. I'm still of the opinion that when hearing four different accounts from four different sources on a breaking news story, none of them can be deemed particularly reliable, and I would still be interested in getting a consistent account of what happened. What kind of point are you aiming for here?

Last edited by mikkel (2009-12-26 12:08:09)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Update for you travelers:
Delta Air Lines Inc., the world's largest carrier by traffic, said its domestic and international flights were experiencing "minimal" delays Saturday after Friday's alleged terrorism incident aboard one of its Detroit-bound Northwest Airlines flights from Amsterdam.

Discount giant Southwest Airlines Co., which flies more passengers inside the U.S. than any other carrier, also reported only modest delays. But AMR Corp.'s American Airlines and UAL Corp.'s United Airlines, the Nos. 2 and 3 U.S. airlines by traffic, respectively, reported longer delays on international flights because of heightened security.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security said Saturday that it immediately increased passenger-screening ...
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB126184598192805869.html
-Frederick Bastiat
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
dunno why i got stopped anyway, thought the americans loved the irish
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FatherTed wrote:

I met a group of Irish on a St Patty's Day in Manhattan a few years back. We got to talking and I said "Wow, this is the one day out of the year you are absolutely guaranteed to get laid (because of their accents)", they winked at me and said "That's why we come every year!" Needless to say, I bought them a round of beers for capitalizing on their good fortune

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2009-12-26 12:36:56)

-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA
I will let the current events speak for me. As for the Islamic apologists, good luck with your continued efforts to paint this religion in the basking glow of peace and tolenrance. Seems like it would be getting more difficult to cover for Islam, but I know the more shit happens associated with Islam, the deeper you pile on the sand around you.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England

FatherTed wrote:

From what I gather, they all hate Irish people except for Saint Patrick Day, when all Americans suddenly remember their "Irish Ancestry" and everything that's supposedly great about Ireland... infact, Galt proves me right sort of.
alexb
<3
+590|5940|Kentucky, USA

Narupug wrote:

You guys act like it's all Muslims

Most mainstream muslims, Sunni or Shiite, are as peaceful as you and I.  Wahhabists tend to be the ones doing these sorts of things.  So you are going to blockade the entire middle east just to punish no more then 1% of Muslims?   Do you listen to yourself?  Yeah let's cut off 1/4 of the world from the other 3/4 because some people in that 1/4 just can't play nice
This man speaks the truth.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

alexb wrote:

Narupug wrote:

You guys act like it's all Muslims

Most mainstream muslims, Sunni or Shiite, are as peaceful as you and I.  Wahhabists tend to be the ones doing these sorts of things.  So you are going to blockade the entire middle east just to punish no more then 1% of Muslims?   Do you listen to yourself?  Yeah let's cut off 1/4 of the world from the other 3/4 because some people in that 1/4 just can't play nice
This man speaks the truth.
Nope it ain't the truth. The problem is ISLAM, it is being practiced in the extreme because that is what is taught. If you do not wish to convert or kill non-believers, if you do not wish to hold women or gays or infidels as inferior , then find yourself a new religion and call it something else. Islam is already taken.

and before you say it, yeah I know there are people out there blowing stuff up and calling themselves Christians. Same rules applies. Blowing stuff up and killing is not taught by Christ so find yourselves a new religion because Christianity has been taken. I know, you could call it ISLAM.

Last edited by lowing (2009-12-26 14:30:28)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6581|SE London

JohnG@lt wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

ze muslims. I wonder how many lawsuits would be filed if american airplanes banned all muslims from flying on their planes. Seems reasonable to me.
How ludicrous and how detached from reality. What a joke. How about banning black people too because they're statistically more likely to be involved in criminal activity.... lol
How many non-muslims have attempted to, or succeeded in hijacking or destroying planes in the past 30 years?
Loads. Certainly more than by Muslims (unless you look at it by death toll, when the figures are a bit skewed).

The most recent hijackings have been done by Mexicans and Cubans. In fact a huge number of hijackings have been done by Cubans. So much for the bright idea of blockading Muslims in.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Mekstizzle wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

From what I gather, they all hate Irish people except for Saint Patrick Day, when all Americans suddenly remember their "Irish Ancestry" and everything that's supposedly great about Ireland... infact, Galt proves me right sort of.
We ALL hate Irish? link please.

Ya see, I have never said I hate ALL Muslims. I hate their religion.

Now you come out and say we ALL hate Irish, and we "ALL remember our Irish ancestry".

How is it, you are supposed to be able to get away with statements like that, while I get quoted and berated for shit I actually never have said?

As I remain consistent, I have no problem point out the inconsistencies of others.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

How ludicrous and how detached from reality. What a joke. How about banning black people too because they're statistically more likely to be involved in criminal activity.... lol
How many non-muslims have attempted to, or succeeded in hijacking or destroying planes in the past 30 years?
Loads. Certainly more than by Muslims (unless you look at it by death toll, when the figures are a bit skewed).

The most recent hijackings have been done by Mexicans and Cubans. In fact a huge number of hijackings have been done by Cubans. So much for the bright idea of blockading Muslims in.
How are death toll figures skewed, either terrorism in the name of the advancement of Islam has killed more or it hasn't.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5698

JohnG@lt wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

No, I'm not being rational. Being rational when faced with the irrationality of extremist religious faith doesn't do anyone any good. They're willing to kill themselves in order to achieve their goals. What's rational about that? Blow them the fuck up.
Blow who up? Who is 'them'.
ze muslims. I wonder how many lawsuits would be filed if american airplanes banned all muslims from flying on their planes. Seems reasonable to me.
Except you can't tell if someone is Muslim or not from their passport.

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2009-12-26 18:38:04)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

i propose, that everyone get a tattoo either on their right hand or forehead signifying that they are not Muslim.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
little yellow scimitar badge would work, somewhere on the left lapel.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard