Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

Spark wrote:

in this context
In other words, when it suits you? Add it to your list of inconsistencies
fuck's sake you really have utter contempt for history don't you
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA
Major events after the September 11, 2001 Attacks under Bush include:
  • [EDIT: Shoe bomber Richard Reid tried to bring down a trans-Atlantic flight from Paris to Miami in December 2001]
  • Moscow Theatre Siege (Russia)
  • 2003 Istanbul bombings (Turkey)
  • Madrid train bombings (Spain)
  • Beslan school hostage crisis (Russia)
  • 2005 London bombings (England)
  • New Delhi bombings (India)
  • Mumbai Hotel Siege (India)
vs. these under Obama so far:
  • June 1, 2009 - Little Rock, Arkansas - . Private William Long was killed and Private Quinton Ezeagwula was wounded.
  • Nov 5th, 2009 - Muslim terrorist Nidal Malik Hasan - Fort Hood, Texas - killed 13 people and wounded 30 others.
  • Dec 25th, 2009 - Muslim terrorist Nigerian Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab attempts to detonate an explosive on an aircraft enroute from Amsterdam to Detroit. During the incident, the suspect ignites himself on fire until he is extinguished and overpowered by two passengers.
  • May 1st, 2010 - New York City, New York, United States New York's Times Square was evacuated after the discovery of a car bomb. Suspect Shahzad Faisal is in custody.

Please correct me where I'm wrong, but under the 7 years after 9/11 vs. the 1.2 years under Obama it seems like we're getting more domestic attacks.

Granted 3000+ people died in 9/11 vs. 14 people so far under Obama, but just making the point.

EDIT: Forgot the `Shoe Bomber` under Bush.

Last edited by Harmor (2010-05-04 22:11:04)

ruisleipa
+149|6193|teh FIN-land

Harmor wrote:

Please correct me where I'm wrong, but under the 7 years after 9/11 vs. the 1.2 years under Obama it seems like we're getting more domestic attacks.
what point are you making? The idea that there could be more attacks 'because of' Obama? It's so insane it's a worthless idea.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6382|'Murka

cpt.fass1 wrote:

But maybe our economy wouldn't be in such shambles if we didn't have to pay for a million and one overlapping agencies.
What "million and one overlapping agencies" do we have?

Do you know the roles and responsibilities of those agencies? Do you know the statutory limitations on what they can and can't do? The overlap is actually quite small, and it's far better to have overlap than gaps, don't you think?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Harmor wrote:

• [EDIT: Shoe bomber Richard Reid tried to bring down a trans-Atlantic flight from Paris to Miami in December 2001]
  • June 1, 2009 - Little Rock, Arkansas - . Private William Long was killed and Private Quinton Ezeagwula was wounded.
  • Nov 5th, 2009 - Muslim terrorist Nidal Malik Hasan - Fort Hood, Texas - killed 13 people and wounded 30 others.
  • Dec 25th, 2009 - Muslim terrorist Nigerian Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab attempts to detonate an explosive on an aircraft enroute from Amsterdam to Detroit. During the incident, the suspect ignites himself on fire until he is extinguished and overpowered by two passengers.
  • May 1st, 2010 - New York City, New York, United States New York's Times Square was evacuated after the discovery of a car bomb. Suspect Shahzad Faisal is in custody.

Granted 3000+ people died in 9/11 vs. 14 people so far under Obama, but just making the point.

I think it would be best plotted on a time-line. IMO any president has very little to do with these occurrences.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Harmor wrote:

i like how your criteria for inclusion suddenly change as soon as Obama becomes president.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

Do you know the roles and responsibilities of those agencies?
Do they?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Shahzad has waived his right to remain silent and his right to an attorney, and is cooperating in the investigation, a source familiar with the probe said.
does anyone else find this... weird?
~ Richard Feynman
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6666|NJ

FEOS wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

But maybe our economy wouldn't be in such shambles if we didn't have to pay for a million and one overlapping agencies.

Do you know the roles and responsibilities of those agencies? Do you know the statutory limitations on what they can and can't do? The overlap is actually quite small, and it's far better to have overlap than gaps, don't you think?
Yes and they overlap.. Remember when 9/11 Did happen, they had information that if shared could have actually stoped an attack..
You can defend your big government all  you want, even when they don't provide. It's still a ghost trap(ghost trap is something I saw in the weekly world news where you put a candle and a tootsee roll, cause ghost "love Tootsee rolls", if smoke arises in the cover you have caught a ghost, if it doesn't, it's doing it's job. 

Where does the DC Sniper fall into that list of attacks?
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6666|NJ
Also I would like to point out that the artical is last years?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6382|'Murka

cpt.fass1 wrote:

FEOS wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Yes and they overlap.. Remember when 9/11 Did happen, they had information that if shared could have actually stoped an attack..
You can defend your big government all  you want, even when they don't provide. It's still a ghost trap(ghost trap is something I saw in the weekly world news where you put a candle and a tootsee roll, cause ghost "love Tootsee rolls", if smoke arises in the cover you have caught a ghost, if it doesn't, it's doing it's job. 

Where does the DC Sniper fall into that list of attacks?
You're forgetting that the overlapping agencies you're complaining about didn't exist prior to 9/11 (DHS, DNI, etc). They were formed out of recommendations from the investigation into 9/11, IIRC. The point being that overlap isn't always bad, but gaps are. Gaps are what caused the lack of information sharing. Gaps in policy, gaps in organization that prevented communication. That's what DHS and DNI were supposed to mitigate.

You still haven't listed the "million and one overlapping agencies" or explained why overlapping is bad when trying to ensure maximum information sharing. I'm not defending big government. I despise big government. But when you twist off like that, your argument is simply flawed on multiple levels.

DHS is an abomination in terms of dysfunctional implementation. It makes the DoD look like a well-oiled machine. It could have been something useful, but it isn't. Not really. But that wasn't your argument.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Jay wrote:

I think we're overdue for a holy war. This shit can't keep up.
wat lol

Anyway
Umar Farouk AbdulMutallab, the Nigerian man accused of trying to detonate an explosive device in his underwear aboard a flight to Detroit, surprised courtroom officials and spectators on the second day of his trial Wednesday by pleading guilty to all the counts against him.

He previously had pleaded not guilty to the charges, which included attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction, conspiracy to commit an act of terrorism, and possession of a firearm or destructive device in furtherance of an act of violence.

AbdulMutallab acknowledged in a courtroom statement Wednedsay that he had previously traveled to Yemen and was "greatly inspired" to participate in such a plot by U.S.-born militant cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who was killed by a U.S. drone strike in Yemen September 30. U.S. officials say the terror group al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula helped foment the bombing attempt.

"I carried with me an explosive device to avenge the killing of innocent Muslims," AbdulMutallab said, adding that the failed plot was in retaliation for "U.S. tyranny and oppression of Muslims."

"I am guilty of this by U.S. law, but not the Koran," he added.
Almost admirable. Most of the other terrorist we capture hide behind technicalities in our legal system.

Somewhat admirable. Really stupid too.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
My roommate from last year (who was Nigerian) apparently went to school with him. Said he was an incredibly quiet, overly religious guy who tried to preach to people in his school about the ways of Allah. What a surprise!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England
I don't even remember this thread. I also don't agree with myself in regards to anything on the first page. Interesting.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
CC-Marley
+407|6799
funny how that happens sometimes...
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Jay wrote:

I don't even remember this thread. I also don't agree with myself in regards to anything on the first page. Interesting.
yeah that happens after you've been around this place a while. always fun reading your old posts... and mildly embarrassing.

especially when some of those posts were made when you were like 15 years old... but in my defence, it's usually the tone that i find objectionable nowadays rather than the content :p

Last edited by Spark (2011-10-12 17:42:25)

~ Richard Feynman
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD

Jay Beck wrote:

I think we're overdue for a holy war. This shit can't keep up.
lol
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

Jay wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

No, I mean the rest of the world getting on board. They will just keep doing this shit indefinitely until they are bitchslapped down.
What are people supposed to do when on board? Military action? Concentration camps? Hold on Muslim traveling? I don't get it.
Containment. Cut them off from contact with the rest of the world. No flights in or out, no road access, nothing. I'm not suggesting genocide, I'm suggesting a Cuba style blockade on the entire Muslim world by the West (and the East as well).
Okay, cool. You seem to have a good plan to fighting ISIS. How long do we blockade all the Muslims?

You have a great grasp on things. I look forward to hearing more of your insights.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX
It seems sensible not to let them migrate or buy guns at least.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3423
every time I scroll past this thread my über speed reading technique makes it out as "wow, someone tried to blow a Muslim". that's some kim peek shit right there.
MajorSpittle
+7|3062|Oregun
Peaceful Muslims have poor reading skills.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard