blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6638
A Chinese man has been jailed for 12 years for killing and eating a rare Indochinese tiger.Kang Wannian, a villager from the southern province of Yunnan, said he had encountered the tiger while out fishing, and killed it in self-defence.

The animal may have been China's only wild Indochinese tiger, which is on the brink of extinction.Four other men were jailed for sharing the tiger meal and covering up the incident.He said he shot the animal after dark and claimed that, at the time, he did not know it was an endangered Indochinese tiger.According to local media, Kang was sentenced to 10 years for killing a rare animal plus two years for illegal possession of firearms.
The court in Xishuangbanna, Yunnan province, also ordered him to pay a fine of 480,000 yuan ($70,000; £44,000).Fewer than 1,800 Indochinese tigers are thought to be living in the wild, in the forests of Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand and Burma.The only known wild Indochinese tiger in China was photographed in 2007 at the same reserve that Kang visited. The tiger has not been seen since Kang's meal, and there is speculation that Kang could have eaten the last one.

linky

Sucks to be the tiger?.. they should have tagged the tiger so they could keep track of him since he was the last one of his kind
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6561|Mountains of NC

if it was the only one then who cares

eat or be eaten
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North
so he was in a nature preserve, after dark, with a rifle

lol?

sounds like he took some of his advice from a certain south park episode tbh

Last edited by krazed (2009-12-23 13:53:50)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

https://i45.tinypic.com/2metwzq.jpg
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6346|West NY
If it really was in self defense and not in a nature preserve I still think it's ridiculous. Especially if he didn't know...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
When it comes to diet the Chinese are a pretty nasty bunch, animal exist solely to be eaten and the more exotic, cruel and wasteful the process the better.

IIRC The peak of Chinese cuisine is to have the animal die on the plate in front of you.
And then there's Shark fin soup, kill an entire shark just to make a revolting soup out of a tiny part of it? FFS...
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6836|Reykjavík, Iceland.

krazed wrote:

lol?

OH MY GOD! IT'S COMING RIGHT AT US!

/shoots sleeping endangered tiger.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

Sydney wrote:

krazed wrote:

lol?

OH MY GOD! IT'S COMING RIGHT AT US!

/shoots sleeping endangered tiger.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD

Dilbert_X wrote:

When it comes to diet the Chinese are a pretty nasty bunch, animal exist solely to be eaten and the more exotic, cruel and wasteful the process the better.

IIRC The peak of Chinese cuisine is to have the animal die on the plate in front of you.
And then there's Shark fin soup, kill an entire shark just to make a revolting soup out of a tiny part of it? FFS...
it's like that quote form that British prince someone posted in another thread

"If it has four legs and isn't a table, if it flies and is not a plane, if it swims and is not a submersible, the Cantonese will eat it."

I believe it stemmed from the fact that during Maoist China, it was hard to find any decent food so people started eating whatever the hell would fill them up.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

I might have believed it was self defense if he wasn't with 4 of his mates and he didn't also possess illegal firearms.

Seems pretty obvious these dicks decided to go on a hunting trip.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
13rin
+977|6472
What does tiger taste like anyways?  No Elin jokes....
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

DBBrinson1 wrote:

What does tiger taste like anyways?  No Elin jokes....
there's a dozen more where that came from . . .
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6358|California

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

"If it has four legs and isn't a table, if it flies and is not a plane, if it swims and is not a submersible, the Cantonese will eat it."

I believe it stemmed from the fact that during Maoist China, it was hard to find any decent food so people started eating whatever the hell would fill them up.
Hey... but Shark Fin soup is fucking delicious...
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Hey... but Shark Fin soup is fucking delicious...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

Hurricane wrote:

Protein supply has been a big problem for Asia, especially during wars, natural and political famines etc.
Now the disgusting stuff they ate then is seen as a delicacy, I have some pics of a Chinese market somewhere, will hunt them down.

PS You think Tiger is bad, from what I've heard the ultimate delicacy is aborted fetuses.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

Dilbert_X wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Protein supply has been a big problem for Asia, especially during wars, natural and political famines etc.
Now the disgusting stuff they ate then is seen as a delicacy, I have some pics of a Chinese market somewhere, will hunt them down.

PS You think Tiger is bad, from what I've heard the ultimate delicacy is aborted fetuses.
somehow i have trouble believing that.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6413|Melbourne, AUS

Spark wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

somehow i have trouble believing that.
actually i am in china right now.

a couple years ago there was a rumour floating around that some crazy folks down south in Guangdong/HK were trying to 'cross the line' and eat these fetuses. dunno if true or not, but it sure helps to demonise a entire population if they are baby eaters!

These southerners in the tropical areas are renowned for their experimental eating - it is a cultural thing. Most people in the rest of the country eat normal stuff, although afaik if you go northeast ppl do eat dog meat due to the Korean ethnic minority and cultural influence.
Spark
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS
"experimental eating"
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6614|London, England
Who cares what they eat. Remember that South Park episode where they made the Japanese kill Cows and Chickens instead, and suddenly everyone was happy because "They are like us now" I quote.
Spark
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

Mekstizzle wrote:

Who cares what they eat. Remember that South Park episode where they made the Japanese kill Cows and Chickens instead, and suddenly everyone was happy because "They are like us now" I quote.
eating an endangered animal? that's tasteless (no pun intended) at best. not especially classy.
~ Richard Feynman
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6614|London, England
I was talking more about the general level of "lol dose azns r so weeired" comments that were going on. Obviously the OP is a little different. If you want to talk about the OP, as far as he was concerned, a "fucking Tiger" was attacking him, not the"sole wild Indochinese Tiger in China"

He's a villager, going out fishing either for himself/family or for money, so if he just makes a big kill he's not just going to let it go to waste. He's probably not the richest guy in the world, and if he was, he would have skinned it and made a coat out of it instead.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-12-24 06:35:56)

loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6571|Columbus, OH
If he had to feed his family I have no problem but if it was for some self-gratification like eating the tiger penis to make his penor bigger than  I shout shenanigans, he knew what he was doing.
Spark
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

Mekstizzle wrote:

I was talking more about the general level of "lol dose azns r so weeired" comments that were going on. Obviously the OP is a little different. If you want to talk about the OP, as far as he was concerned, a "fucking Tiger" was attacking him, not the"sole wild Indochinese Tiger in China"

He's a villager, going out fishing either for himself/family or for money, so if he just makes a big kill he's not just going to let it go to waste. He's probably not the richest guy in the world, and if he was, he would have skinned it and made a coat out of it instead.
with four of his friends and illegal weapons?

hmmmmmmm
~ Richard Feynman
ghettoperson
+1,943|6642

Given the opportunity, I'd totally eat illegal tiger meat.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

Spark wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

with four of his friends and illegal weapons?

hmmmmmmm
in a nature preserve

after dark

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard