OmniDeath
~
+726|6641

I don't know much when it comes to printers so I need some help. The only requirements are:

It must be able to print at least 13x19"
It must be able to print on heavy weight papers like bristol vellum and water color paper.
It must cost less than $500, preferably closer to $200.

Karma to all who provide useful information
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5594|Vacationland
I have a Canon MP610, it'll do heavyweight papers, but the paper sizes I think it only goes up to Legal size paper.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6641

Narupug wrote:

I have a Canon MP610, it'll do heavyweight papers, but the paper sizes I think it only goes up to Legal size paper.
Unfortunately, having the option to print larger formats is the most important thing, more important than the heavier papers. A Canon in general would be nice, but I feel they may be too pricey.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5594|Vacationland
Your looking at thousands for a large format canon This might be ok, still expensive.

Theres some pretty cheap HP and Epson Large Format printers, but I can't vouch for them since I'm a canon man.

Last edited by Narupug (2009-12-23 08:56:10)

OmniDeath
~
+726|6641

Narupug wrote:

Your looking at thousands for a large format canon This might be ok, still expensive.

Theres some pretty cheap HP and Epson Large Format printers, but I can't vouch for them since I'm a canon man.
When I said larger formats I just meant larger than a standard printer. I don't really need anything above 13x19" (although it would be nice). So I guess I'm looking for a medium format printer, lol.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5594|Vacationland
Well, they seem to be either  large format or only big enough for legal.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6641

Narupug wrote:

Well, they seem to be either  large format or only big enough for legal.
These are true large format printers. Far too big and far too expensive for what I'm after. There is a nice middle ground between these and your average desktop printer which is the second one you posted. That's what I'm after.

Newegg has the one you posted for $360 after a mail in rebate and it meets my other specifications. So far it's the best option I've seen.

Last edited by OmniDeath (2009-12-23 11:50:01)

Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5594|Vacationland
They do have middle ground printers but it seems those are few and far between.

Spoiler (highlight to read):

There was a refurbished large format in that link you posted for $474
OmniDeath
~
+726|6641

Narupug wrote:

They do have middle ground printers but it seems those are few and far between.

Spoiler (highlight to read):

There was a refurbished large format in that link you posted for $474
I see the one you're talking about, but unfortunately I think it's miss labeled. If you look at its specs it only supports up to 13x19" and if you Google the product name the images do not reflect a large format printer, but rather one similar to the previously posted one

Any one else have any suggestions/ recommendations?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard