Banned
+5,830|6504

^ win
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6544|Long Island, New York

burnzz wrote:

^ win
it's true, but I still liked the plot. Was it original? No, but 90% of movies since 1990 have not had "original" plots. The Green Mile? Try "The Bible"!.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6746|Toronto | Canada

Poseidon wrote:

burnzz wrote:

^ win
it's true, but I still liked the plot. Was it original? No, but 90% of movies since 1990 have not had "original" plots. The Green Mile? Try "The Bible"!.
Doing something like that is really flawed though.  Some of that stuff is generic, like he got hurt by "name".  No way, a hero got hurt by a bad guy!?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

burnzz wrote:

^ win
Doing something like that is really flawed though.  Some of that stuff is generic, like he got hurt by "name".  No way, a hero got hurt by a bad guy!?
...that's the idea buzz killington. You could make Avatar seem like LOST if you really wanted to.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6661

If you're seeing Avatar for the plot, urdoinitrong.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6156|'straya

NooBesT wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

True, but I can still appreciate the film for its excellent visuals. I knew I wasn't in for the narrative of the century, I was there for the eye-sex Some films are based around an excellent story, some are made for the spectacle.
Something tells me that you think Michael Bay is a good director.
Something tells me your wrong. I can't say I've liked any of his movies.... usually I detest generic-bang-bang-explosion-tit flash action films. But I still found the CGI in Avatar awesome. I can't even think of a single "action" film i would rate in my top 20 (unless you count LOTR)
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6746|Toronto | Canada

Poseidon wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

...that's the idea buzz killington. You could make Avatar seem like LOST if you really wanted to.
Killing an overplayed, not funny joke? I feel terrible
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

mtb0minime wrote:

like the people who took Transformers for anything more than a CGI-fest

and Avatar's CGI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Transformers
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6226|Phoenix, AZ

mtb0minime wrote:

If they had a good plot people would have been focusing on that more than the visuals

By making a simple plot, that's somewhat predictable and still leaves room for a twist they let people relax and focus on the details of the movie and just enjoy something thats epic as fuck
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6850|Reykjavík, Iceland.

GodFather wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

If they had a good plot people would have been focusing on that more than the visuals

By making a simple plot, that's somewhat predictable and still leaves room for a twist they let people relax and focus on the details of the movie and just enjoy something thats epic as fuck
That's a good point, if it had an advanced plot you would be focusing too much on that instead of the amazing visuals.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6661

Poseidon wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

like the people who took Transformers for anything more than a CGI-fest

and Avatar's CGI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Transformers
yes Yes YES!!!

Avatar did 3-d right. It was like you were in the room with them, and it was subtle and simply there. None of this 'whoa shit a fucking claw in your fucking face holy shit!!!! it's in your face!!! IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!!' crap.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6749|FUCK UBISOFT

I saw it in 3D and I didn't really find it particularly impressive. The visuals couldn't make up for the boredom of the plot.

Speed Racer did good looking visuals better.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5938|Somewhere out in Space
Miggle can't possibly try harder and yet he still fails to incite even the smallest non-sarcastic rise.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6749|FUCK UBISOFT

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Miggle can't possibly try harder and yet he still fails to incite even the smallest non-sarcastic rise.
well you've responded to every post I've made today, isn't that worth something?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6504

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/ss/lolhorse.jpg
going to see it tomorrow.. i saw it is 2.5 hours long - not good for ADD...  lol
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6749|FUCK UBISOFT

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

going to see it tomorrow.. i saw it is 2.5 hours long - not good for ADD...  lol
it's a long 2.5 hours.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6562
Is the movie not technically in 4-d?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6504

LoL, it's not that long . . .
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6113|eXtreme to the maX
Saw it again, in 3D this time.
Neat but gimmicky, didn't think 3D added anything - it was a distraction more than anything.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6475
I wanna watch Rear Window 3D and Laurence of Arabia 3D.
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5257
am i the only one who doesnt really care to see this?
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6496|Gogledd Cymru

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

am i the only one who doesnt really care to see this?
Nope
CameronPoe
+2,925|6562
Just saw it. I'll have to sleep on my opinion of it. It shouldn't win any script writing or screenplay awards anyway. Formulaic morality fable.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2010-01-06 16:08:41)

Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6229|Brisneyland
saw it yesterday ( in 3D). Although the story wasnt groundbreaking, the graphics were like nothing I have seen before. Artistically it was possibly the best movie I have seen. Although it was  a bit over whelming  ( so much pretty stufff going on).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard