Benzin
+576|5996
Went and saw it last night - absolutely AMAZING movie. For the people who say "no plot" - the story is EXCELLENT. It's not the MOST original, but damn near everything's already been done, anyway.

But the visuals ... absolutely breathtaking. Every scene they were constantly showing you something new and every scene I literally said "Wow". Saw it in 3D and it's almost a sensory overload for your eyes.

10/10. Hands down, movie of the year for 2009.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

It's not too much of a kids movie is it?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

CapnNismo wrote:

Saw it in 3D and it's almost a sensory overload for your eyes.

10/10. Hands down, movie of the year for 2009.
fuck me. i can't see 3D. Capn, did you see it at an Imax or something? will there be a regular release do you think?
Benzin
+576|5996
I saw it in a normal theater. The 3D isn't where it jumps out of the screen at you - it's the other kind. No idea if there will be a regular release, though, I couldn't tell you. I saw it here in Austria in one of the English theaters...

But Aussie, not a kid's movie at all. Very grown-up. Very deep story behind the main story.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5929|Somewhere out in Space
Not reading any more, fuck off without spoiler tags anyone below me
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5902|CA
looks like a live version of the smurfs, in HD.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2009-12-17 23:51:16)

henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6346|Belfast
My friend saw it yesterday, he thought it was "actually quite good".

I'll probably hold off and wait untill it comes out on Blu-ray, same with most of the big movies that came out this year.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6509|Gold Coast
Doesnt look that appealing tbqf.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6657|The darkside of Denver

KuSTaV wrote:

Doesnt look that appealing tbqf.
this. Im a James Cameron fan too.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England
I think the storyline stinks donkey balls, but I'll still watch it for a final judgement.
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5248
Looks pretty ghey
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5751|Roma

CapnNismo wrote:

I saw it in a normal theater. The 3D isn't where it jumps out of the screen at you - it's the other kind. No idea if there will be a regular release, though, I couldn't tell you. I saw it here in Austria in one of the English theaters...

But Aussie, not a kid's movie at all. Very grown-up. Very deep story behind the main story.
what do you mean the other kind?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6576|Columbus, OH
Did the smurfette alien chick give it up or did she blue balled the human/alien hybrid dude?
Benzin
+576|5996

aerodynamic wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

what do you mean the other kind?
It's where the whole thing seems really real. It's hard to describe. The movie screen actually has depth to it that a normal movie does not, you know? Go see and you'll see what I mean.
Chou
+737|6788
I'm too macho for avatar. will rent tho.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6687|Tampa Bay Florida
9.5/10

Its badass.  Story takes a little while to build up but the final 2 hours are fuckin epic.  Its somewhat predictable too, but the way the story is executed is second to none.

Not to mention the best looking computer generated shit I've ever seen in a movie.  I'm talking about the 2d version, god knows what its like in 3d.

For all of you thinkin this movie is for pussies, its not.  At all.  Think "Dances with Wolves" meets "Star Wars", except with better acting, trippy visuals and filled with deep philosophical questions about humanity, and life on a universal scale.  The action sequences are just awesome.  Thats just my take anyway.

Last edited by Spearhead (2009-12-18 18:00:56)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6643
they should of made it rated R or mature still might go to see it!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
gonna go see this in 3d tomorrow
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
seeing it in IMAX sunday
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6363|California
saw it in IMAX-3D midnight premiere, the red fucking dragon was teh coolest shit evar!!!
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

c-c-c-c-combo breaker
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
spoiler

fucking

tags

dumbasses
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

"There's a red dragon" was a huge plot point and has now ruined the movie for you?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6363|California
sex scene was awesome too
there whole movie for you
your welcome
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6662|NT, like Mick Dundee

Needed some wine to go with the cheese.

I actually honestly thought over-use of the blue guys ruined it. The acting was FUCKING EPIC, when the live actors were on screen. Utterly believable. Blue people, not so much.

Did thoroughly enjoy it. Cliches ruined it a bit and made it very predictable, but that doesn't mate it any less enjoyable.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Knife fight between 3m blue guy and power walker... Fucking epic. As are the 1m long arrows that FUCK YOU UP.

Last edited by Flecco (2009-12-18 21:40:42)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard