BlackLabelSociety
+0|6755
I'm about to build my first rig. For around the same price, I could get 2 256MB 6800's or 1 256MB 7800gt. I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff, but to me, it sounds like 2 6800's in SLI would be better than 1 7800gt. Any comments will be appreciated.
uk.solidsnake
+3|6705|England, UK
X1800/x1900.
razz
+7|6679|Australia
wait for G71
BlackLabelSociety
+0|6755
I'm on a limited budget.....I can only spend @ $300 US for a video card.
Maj.Do
+85|6749|good old CA
not a x1800, i thought it was only good when oced, u can wait fot the g71 or you can get the x1900XTX
sniper2191
Banned
+-1|6654|Arlington, MA
dont get the SLI totaly useless wont help the 7800 gt is nice but for the card to be the longest lasting i would say get that sexy gtx
kR4MR
3 Tours Of 'Nam And All I Got Was This Lousy Forum
+3|6734|Aus
I don't know if this really needs to be said so I'll say it anyway:
YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL STUPID
1. ATI is for tards, I ROFL at their SLI equivalent(check out how it works, then the price, then ROFL with me)
2. He said $300 and then you say GTX? SMACKTARD

Go with the 7800GT, for upgradability, someday you may need 2 of those and I don't know if 6800 supports HDR
Maj.Do
+85|6749|good old CA

kR4MR wrote:

1. ATI is for tards, I ROFL at their SLI equivalent(check out how it works, then the price, then ROFL with me)

Go with the 7800GT, for upgradability, someday you may need 2 of those and I don't know if 6800 supports HDR
what are u talking about? i dont see any post saying get a crossfire system ?
sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6673|Planet Seibertron ;)

BlackLabelSociety wrote:

I'm about to build my first rig. For around the same price, I could get 2 256MB 6800's or 1 256MB 7800gt. I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff, but to me, it sounds like 2 6800's in SLI would be better than 1 7800gt. Any comments will be appreciated.
I personally would suggest getting the 7800GT.  Your intention of getting a SLI setup means that you're going to have room for expansion.  So I believe it's best to go with the 7800GT and be able to get another one later on down the road.  Going with the 2 6800 would mean you'll be limited to what the two cards can perform at their max... whereas a single 7800GT will perform at the speed you can expect and have the option of going SLI.

uk.solidsnake wrote:

X1800/x1900.
He asked between Choice A and Choice B.  There is no Choice C or D unless he explicitly asked for it.

kR4MR wrote:

You calling me a 'tard there, bub?  I'm a proud owner of a Radeon 9800 Pro, of which the card took every kind of 3D beating I put on it, including my accidental run of Doom3 in 1024x768 at 4xAA.  I personally don't care if you believe ATi cards are crap.  I own one and I am satisfied what it was capable of handling, including BF2.  It's insulting that you'd bash one company simply because their competing technology is inferior to you.

You said your piece of suggesting with the 7800GT.  But the portion before it can be left out.  There are plenty of fans for either company and what you are doing is instigating a flame war.  If you wanna argue about which product is better, do it in another thread or start one of your own.
kR4MR
+3|6734|Aus
I'm guessing your 13 and have not acheived this thing called thought!
I was commenting on how ATI suck and gave an example of how pathetic they are.
Notice how the other posters are saying for him to be retarded and get an ATI card? Clearly he is smart enough to pick the superior manufacturer, so why tell him to get what he doesn't want, go play pokemon, you little smacktard.
Maj.Do
+85|6749|good old CA
fanboy
kR4MR
+3|6734|Aus
Fanboy? Since when has society had an issue with people wanting the superior product that comes at a better price that the inferior pile of crap? Or is it because I ROFL at ATIs SLI "equivelent"? I'm sure that if you knew all about how it works and the costs involved, then you would ROFL too.
razz
+7|6679|Australia
This thread is getting out of hand already.. why does every thread turn out to be a fanboy fight?

On-Topic this cards is nice for $295

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814130247
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6688
Stop being pestismistic about ATI. Obviously you never had a ati card, moreover a crossfire setup, so your ignorant mind would know nothing more about ATI than rumours and bias opinions about the company. Nvidia and ATI will never supass each other for more than a short period of time, the most important thing is to get the best card for the best price not the brand.

Last edited by Rofl_My_Waffle (2006-02-09 21:12:50)

tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6707
Kr4mr (Crap name, too), please also learn to spell. Grammar would be nice too.

Anyway, I'm perfectly happy with my ATI x300 equiv. I can run medium on BF2 with it. ATI's cards seem to be cheaper to me. For about 75 pounds you can get a nice x1300, which I know is not as good as the 7800, but is about 400 pounds below that price.

Thankyou for listening, and I hope you get banned for trolling.

kthxbai
kR4MR
+3|6734|Aus
You mean ATI will never gain the lead for more than a day again, lolz at the holding back of the GTX512, just to mock ATI, now that was well done.
I know plenty about both ATI and nVidiia, and I know plenty about crossfire, are you aware that it requires a mastercard and a regular card aswell as the crossfire motherboard, the mastercard costs a fortune, why the F### can't they put the controller on the special motherboard you have to buy anyways?
So all up you have one fucking expensive way to hook up 2 cards, oh wait, make that 1 card and it's special friend, ATI suxxorz.
*EDIT: Hmmm, let me see correct grammar... check
                                        correct spelling... 1 error

oh shit no! 1 word wrong!

Last edited by kR4MR (2006-02-09 21:45:29)

razz
+7|6679|Australia
You call yourself an Nvidia fan and you can't spell their name right...
TechGuy
Grammar Nazi
+62|6670
The 7800GT still beats two 6800GT's in SLI in some cases. 7800GT HANDS DOWN. Then you can get another one later and rock on. nVidia 7 series cards only do HDR when Antialiasing is OFF. That's the only thing ATI has on nVidia. Be sure to get one from EVGA.com. They have the best support in the industry, helpful friendly forums(with EVGA guys reading and posting), Step-Up Program, awesome giveaway's each month, etc, ETC.
tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6707
Yeah, I'm a spelling 'n' grammar fairy.
kR4MR
+3|6734|Aus
oh shit razz, did you ever hear of a typo?
When did I call myself am nVidia fan? I just get the best...
razz
+7|6679|Australia
Well in about 6 threads you have posted how much you hate ATI, and considering there are 2 manufacturers in the market i'd say your a fanboy
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

razz wrote:

Well in about 6 threads you have posted how much you hate ATI, and considering there are 2 manufacturers in the market i'd say your a fanboy
well razz is right. unless u like th sc3 cards . back on topic, get 7800 gt
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6673|Planet Seibertron ;)

razz wrote:

Actually I count 6.   But we pay attention most to the Big 2.  (NV, ATI, MGA, S3/VIA, XGI, 3Dlabs)
Mr.kodak
+-1|6667
I have a leadtek 7800gt and its oced to almost gtx standards. AND BIY DOES IT KICK ASS!!!

I can run bf2 with full res, ful details. full aa.. ITS AWESOME

Dont go with ATI, I once had a 9600xt ( back when they were good) and it just melted.. Did get an warranty either so i bought a 6600gt and the performance increase from a ATI to a Nvidia is amazing. I truly love my 7800gt its my most favourite piece of my system.
razz
+7|6679|Australia

sixshot wrote:

razz wrote:

Actually I count 6.   But we pay attention most to the Big 2.  (NV, ATI, MGA, S3/VIA, XGI, 3Dlabs)
I meant the main 2 lol.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard