Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6580|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

TSI wrote:

It's started to sno here...so everyone forgets how to drive.
--No, you tool, you need more than 30m to go from 80 km/h to 0 in the snow.
--Why the hell are you on the road if you can only go 20 in the 80 zone. There are 46 cars in line behind you that can't ovrtake; don't worry, they have nothing important to do in their lives.
--Oh, well done, you gone and floored it at the stop sign. Now you're facing the wrong way, and you expect ME to back up?
--Look, if you see your FWD car is going nowhere, jus spinning its wheels pointlessly, giving it more gas is not going to help.
--Good idea to swere between lanes in heavy traffic.

And then there's the dolt who decided that the snow wouldn't affect him in any way, shape, or for. Kept his summers on, too. How fun to watch him sail right through the intersection and into a ditch.

/rant

@Roger: manual's saved my life in the winter. You'll notice it's hard to slow down using only the brake while on ice. I'll never buy an automatic.
Its nice to know that it have contributed to save your life mate! I dont believe that manual have an edge over automatic, nor does auto have an advantage over manual in term of "Safety" in the winter...Its all about the guys behind the wheel. For myself i dont drive like a do in the summer with all that fucking white shit all over the place, if the sign say 50, i go 50, i brake well in advance of the stop etc etc.

Anyway, Automatic, Manual...the same shit in the end, it make the car move. one have advantage that the other dont and vice versa.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6695
If I find myself becoming enraged on the road I generally turn on the jazz station and re-evaluate the situation.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6598|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
i usually only get pissed off at prius drivers and rice burner drivers.
The Prius drivers drive 10 under the limit and never use their fucking blinkers and the rice burner drivers think they can go fast but get overtaken way to easy by my supercharged V6.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6368|California

seymorebutts443 wrote:

i usually only get pissed off at prius drivers and rice burner drivers.
The Prius drivers drive 10 under the limit and never use their fucking blinkers and the rice burner drivers think they can go fast but get overtaken way to easy by my supercharged V6.
All these honda douchebags suck, if they were to do something like that I would prefer seeing them in a Nissan GTR or something like that, not a gay honda!
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5756|Roma

TSI wrote:

--Why the hell are you on the road if you can only go 20 in the 80 zone. There are 46 cars in line behind you that can't ovrtake; don't worry, they have nothing important to do in their lives.
--Oh, well done, you gone and floored it at the stop sign. Now you're facing the wrong way, and you expect ME to back up?
--Look, if you see your FWD car is going nowhere, jus spinning its wheels pointlessly, giving it more gas is not going to help.

And then there's the dolt who decided that the snow wouldn't affect him in any way, shape, or for. Kept his summers on, too. How fun to watch him sail right through the intersection and into a ditch.

/rant

@Roger: manual's saved my life in the winter. You'll notice it's hard to slow down using only the brake while on ice. I'll never buy an automatic.
I bet you were spending A LOT gas using the engine to slow down.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6476|6 6 4 oh, I forget

People who start looking for the clutch when the light hits green piss me off.

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6109|eXtreme to the maX

Superior Mind wrote:

If I find myself becoming enraged on the road I generally turn on the jazz station and re-evaluate the situation.
What I used to do:

Remind myself I'm driving a Volvo, if I rear end them they're fucked.
Remind myself I'm driving a Volvo, if they rear end me they're fucked.

I should buy another Volvo TBH.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6581|Columbus, OH

Superior Mind wrote:

Be wary, listening too much of Kenny G will raise your estrogen level.
SamBo
Blackburn Rovers Fan
+102|5326|Stoke, England
Long open straight country road on the way home today, love it.

(yes, I did speed )
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6456|The Twilight Zone

SamBo wrote:

(yes, I did speed )
what's ur max km/h samba?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5983|Toronto

aerodynamic wrote:

TSI wrote:

/rant

No. The reason is that you're not actually pressing the gas pedal--no gas goes to engine.

I used to think it would, though, so I did a test once, where I filled up and drove only using the brake (downshifting but holding the clutch) and then the same thing on the same roads and same conditions. Fuel economy was the same to .05 or something like that in the engine brake's favour.
I like pie.
jord
+2,382|6681|The North, beyond the wall.
I hate people who call Japanese cars "Ricers" more than I hate someone who isn't a particularly good driver 100% of the time.
SamBo
Blackburn Rovers Fan
+102|5326|Stoke, England

.Sup wrote:

SamBo wrote:

(yes, I did speed )
what's ur max km/h samba?
dunno.

done 110mph ish

Last edited by SamBo (2009-12-11 14:43:48)

seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6598|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

jord wrote:

I hate people who call Japanese cars "Ricers" more than I hate someone who isn't a particularly good driver 100% of the time.
when i call a car a ricer, i mean the slightly or heavily modified honda civics/civic CRX hatchbacks, or the del sols, complete with douchebag in the front seat.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6500

fuck! - i hate people who pitch a tent and build a fire in the passing lane! ffs, you see these assholes do a three lane merge just to get there, from the fucking on ramp!
i was passing this dumbass white van when, you guessed it, a four door vintage blue-hair mobile was roasting marshmallows in the passing lane - i turned my blinker on, blue mobile passes the peado in the white van and oh Lawd, actually left the passing lane!
i passed and was going to show my appreciation with a quick little wave when i noticed it was someones' Granma. i felt bad.

i felt bad my little wave found me using all my fingers . . .
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5756|Roma

TSI wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

TSI wrote:

/rant

No. The reason is that you're not actually pressing the gas pedal--no gas goes to engine.

I used to think it would, though, so I did a test once, where I filled up and drove only using the brake (downshifting but holding the clutch) and then the same thing on the same roads and same conditions. Fuel economy was the same to .05 or something like that in the engine brake's favour.
Even though you are not pressing the gas pedal as you are downshifting your engine still uses gas. I used to engine brake a lot at teh beginning but got tired of it so just put neutral and used the brakes...i mean in the end the brakes are there for a reason.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6719|Riva, MD

Dilbert_X wrote:

Here indicating is a sign of weakness, it gives people a chance to cut you off before you maneuvre.

Never seen people driving along swigging a bottle of beer or Jack Daniels before.
That's why nobody does it on the beltway supposedly.  I wouldn't know, can't drive till fucking July
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6109|eXtreme to the maX
I used to engine brake a lot at teh beginning but got tired of it so just put neutral and used the brakes...i mean in the end the brakes are there for a reason.
Replacing pads and discs is a lot cheaper than your entire transmission system.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Kez
+778|5706|London, UK
I'm the perfect driver, you'd never get mad at me baggs <3
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5983|Toronto

aerodynamic wrote:

TSI wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

Even though you are not pressing the gas pedal as you are downshifting your engine still uses gas. I used to engine brake a lot at teh beginning but got tired of it so just put neutral and used the brakes...i mean in the end the brakes are there for a reason.
It uses less gas than if it were idling while in neutral.

And besides, in case of emergency (idiot behind you can't or won't stop--happens often in the snow) it's better to have the car in gear.
I like pie.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard