cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6745|NJ
Yes, we're buying oil that we drove the price up on.. Good bussiness for a failing economy, I want to start writing Russians right now and see how it's working out for them.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6701|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Yes, we're buying oil that we drove the price up on.. Good bussiness for a failing economy, I want to start writing Russians right now and see how it's working out for them.
If you admit that we did that, then you must also admit that we put national security and the security of our allies and the worlds oil supply before our own national interests. you prepared for that?
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6745|NJ
I'm all for that, we've been living the dream that we're the top of the food chain for a while. No statistic back this up though, high unemployment, high amount of population in jail, one of the hardest countries to social climb.

We did this because backed the interests of our corporations over the interests of our population.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6156|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

They didn't go after Iraq becasue of 911. Iraq was building for a decade when Saddam refused to honor the resolutions that stopped the war the first time.
Oh fine then.

Saddam didn't break any resolutions.
Iraq did not have any WMD or links to Al Qaeda.

Bottom line, the US wanted to invade Iraq and take Saddam's head since the 1991 war.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6701|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

They didn't go after Iraq becasue of 911. Iraq was building for a decade when Saddam refused to honor the resolutions that stopped the war the first time.
Oh fine then.

Saddam didn't break any resolutions.
Iraq did not have any WMD or links to Al Qaeda.

Bottom line, the US wanted to invade Iraq and take Saddam's head since the 1991 war.
Actually Iraq did break resolutions, hit the history books. Not our fault he gave us a damn good reason to go in there and finish the job.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6701|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I'm all for that, we've been living the dream that we're the top of the food chain for a while. No statistic back this up though, high unemployment, high amount of population in jail, one of the hardest countries to social climb.

We did this because backed the interests of our corporations over the interests of our population.
backing corporations, ( you know them, the ones supplying the jobs?) is maintaining interest in the population.

What I have no interest in, is that part of the population that can not be bothered to find a job, improve themselves, and move up the food chain.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5646|Vacationland

lowing wrote:

Narupug wrote:

lowing wrote:

Except, liberalism and the accusations of it, is real. Their strife regarding the war on terror, did show a weak America and did strengthen the resolve of our enemy. The liberals did play politics with the lives of our servicemen. Undeniable.

I give you Afghanistan, during the election, the liberals made it an issue that we are not to be in Iraq, the "real fight" is in Afghanistan, well now that we have committed 30,000 more troops there, they are going against their own Messiah about the war. Again projecting weakness ot our enemies.

This is different than protesting taxing the fuck out of the American people to subsidize the lazy.
And the conservatives aren't playing politics with the lives of the citizens of this country over health care reform?  The people who die and are bankrupted from that are so much less important then our servicemen
Nope they are not, health care is not a right under our constitution. So you think the republicans are some sort of murderers because they do not coddle those that are free to take care of themselves? Taking care of our freedoms is the purpose of this govt. Not hand hold us through life.
Well is making war on countries because of faked intelligence a right under the constitution?  Yes, because despite what you may think the people dying from lack of healthcare are not simply people who are too lazy to get jobs with benefits.  They are also people who had their coverage dropped after they caught an illness which requires expensive procedures to treat, they are people who can't get healthcare because the health insurance company thinks they are a risk for catching a disease that the insurance company will have to pay to be treated. 

Yeah, cause our "freedoms" are threatened by a country in the Middle East that has done nothing to even attempt to harm us, and only claims to have weapons of mass destruction because they prefer not to be invaded.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6701|USA

Narupug wrote:

lowing wrote:

Narupug wrote:

And the conservatives aren't playing politics with the lives of the citizens of this country over health care reform?  The people who die and are bankrupted from that are so much less important then our servicemen
Nope they are not, health care is not a right under our constitution. So you think the republicans are some sort of murderers because they do not coddle those that are free to take care of themselves? Taking care of our freedoms is the purpose of this govt. Not hand hold us through life.
Well is making war on countries because of faked intelligence a right under the constitution?  Yes, because despite what you may think the people dying from lack of healthcare are not simply people who are too lazy to get jobs with benefits.  They are also people who had their coverage dropped after they caught an illness which requires expensive procedures to treat, they are people who can't get healthcare because the health insurance company thinks they are a risk for catching a disease that the insurance company will have to pay to be treated. 

Yeah, cause our "freedoms" are threatened by a country in the Middle East that has done nothing to even attempt to harm us, and only claims to have weapons of mass destruction because they prefer not to be invaded.
Sorry 2 different topics, which do you wanna cover first? Healthcare or the war, I ask since we were talking about healthcare and some how you went to the war. Ok well lets talk about both i GUESS.

1. Never said health care reform was not needed. I said govt. is not the answer, never has been never will be. I leave you with medicare as PROOF.

2. Stupid statement. The intel that was given was taken as truth by everyone. Yeah including the UN. As far as the WMD's he had them, how do we know? he used them against his own people.

and yes our society (this would include our freedoms) is threatened by countries in the ME, countries that harbor those who wish us harm.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5646|Vacationland

lowing wrote:

Narupug wrote:

lowing wrote:

Sorry 2 different topics, which do you wanna cover first? Healthcare or the war, I ask since we were talking about healthcare and some how you went to the war. Ok well lets talk about both i GUESS.

1. Never said health care reform was not needed. I said govt. is not the answer, never has been never will be. I leave you with medicare as PROOF.

2. Stupid statement. The intel that was given was taken as truth by everyone. Yeah including the UN. As far as the WMD's he had them, how do we know? he used them against his own people.

and yes our society (this would include our freedoms) is threatened by countries in the ME, countries that harbor those who wish us harm.
I will drop the healthcare issue for now since it is a not so simple difference in ideologies.

To your second statment, he used them against his own people 10 YEARS prior.  It proves he had weapons of mass destruction at one point, not that he had them in 2003 when we decided to invade.  Bush didn't let the UN inspectors do their jobs, he saw that they wouldn't find anything and rushed in to invade anyway.  If he had just let them do their job we  could have imposed sanctions if Saddam didn't cooperate with the inspectors or if WMDs were found we could have made a much more unilateral action with more help from other countries.  The UN isn't gonna just say "There are no WMDs there, have fun NATO" without solid proof because they would prefer not to alienate one of the members of the security council.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6701|USA

Narupug wrote:

lowing wrote:

Narupug wrote:

I will drop the healthcare issue for now since it is a not so simple difference in ideologies.

To your second statment, he used them against his own people 10 YEARS prior.  It proves he had weapons of mass destruction at one point, not that he had them in 2003 when we decided to invade.  Bush didn't let the UN inspectors do their jobs, he saw that they wouldn't find anything and rushed in to invade anyway.  If he had just let them do their job we  could have imposed sanctions if Saddam didn't cooperate with the inspectors or if WMDs were found we could have made a much more unilateral action with more help from other countries.  The UN isn't gonna just say "There are no WMDs there, have fun NATO" without solid proof because they would prefer not to alienate one of the members of the security council.
What do you think was going on the 10 plus year prior to the re-engagement of hostilities. Saddam refused full and complete access to his facilities. He kicked out inspectors countless times, only to let them in again after a week or so has gone by. He played games for 10 years. and 10 years of trying to get him to comply was long enough.

I suppose you think Saddam used all he had on his own people and just ran out huh?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6579|Global Command
Liberal democrats. The new Nazi party.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6701|USA

ATG wrote:

Liberal democrats. The new Nazi party.
fascism, with Obama thinking the private sector is the enemy.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
In America some of the private sector is the enemy.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6701|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Not hardly

maybe some IN THE private sector, but not some OF the private sector.

If you want this economy to get started, get it out of the hands of govt. and turn it over to the private secotr. Let them build.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6202|what

Let them exploit?

You still need regulations.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6701|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

Let them exploit?

Exploit? who is being exploited? they have jobs, they hire for those jobs, some jobs pay more than others, if you want one that pays higher, get qualified to do it.

Regulations are already in place, OSHA, EPA etc.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6202|what

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Let them exploit?

Exploit? who is being exploited? they have jobs, they hire for those jobs, some jobs pay more than others, if you want one that pays higher, get qualified to do it.

Regulations to protect workers from unfair dismissal, minimum wage, price-wage flexibility.

You can say they are already in place, but they do need to be enforced and acted upon when broken. For that you often need govt. agencies or govt. appointed independent commissions.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6701|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Let them exploit?

Regulations to protect workers from unfair dismissal, minimum wage, price-wage flexibility.

You can say they are already in place, but they do need to be enforced and acted upon when broken. For that you often need govt. agencies or govt. appointed independent commissions.
Fuck minimum wage, the market should set the wage, if you do not like the wage, do not apply for the job, we have a court system, if you were unfairly dismissed, take them to court, the market, decides the prices of shit, kinda like why home are now a third of what they used to be, the free market  at work
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6731|Disaster Free Zone

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Fuck minimum wage, the market should set the wage, if you do not like the wage, do not apply for the job, we have a court system, if you were unfairly dismissed, take them to court, the market, decides the prices of shit, kinda like why home are now a third of what they used to be, the free market  at work
yay for sweatshop America.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Not hardly

If you want this economy to get started, get it out of the hands of govt. and turn it over to the private secotr. Let them build.
Yes of course, give billions to Halliburton, Blackwater etc in no bid contracts - some of which they will return to you as 'campaign donations'
The economy will just right itself.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6701|USA

DrunkFace wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

yay for sweatshop America.
Again, if you do not want to work there, don't. Make yourself desireable in the market place and get a good job.......Or don't and bitch about how you got fucked over. by the man.

Minimum wage jobs are meant for HS and college kids earning beer money and gas money. They are not set up as a living wage.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6701|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Not hardly

Yes of course, give billions to Halliburton, Blackwater etc in no bid contracts - some of which they will return to you as 'campaign donations'
The economy will just right itself.
Dilbert I know you need Black water and Halliburton as the only crutch you have, however, there is more to the private sector than those 2 companies, and our economy did quite well, before you even knew they existed, WHILE they existed. Get over it already, you can not continue to blame every issue on, no bid contracts, Katrina response, or bad intel for going to war. Try sticking to the fact that govt. is not the answer, never has been, and you can try and argue your point that govt. IS the answer to solving all of your problems, and not the private sector...GO
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6860|Nårvei

You make it sound like there is a choice between government and the private sector, when really it isn't ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6701|USA

Varegg wrote:

You make it sound like there is a choice between government and the private sector, when really it isn't ...
If you feel that way, then I am sorry.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6860|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

If you feel that way, then I am sorry.
How so?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard