henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6348|Belfast
Today I finished "mock" exams for the GCSEs, which are internal and set by tachers not by the exam board. Last week, I decided that I wasn't going to learn off the textbook for the exam and decided to do past papers, which are free on the internet from the exam board's website.

Anyway, I found out that the exam I did last year was actually just  the previous year's GCSE paper. Thus, I predicted that the teachers would use this years GCSE paper, which is also on the website, but it didn't have a mark scheme. I printed it out, completed it and revised it.  When today came around, it turns out that the teachers were retarded and used my paper as 3/4 of the actual test. It was pretty fucking easy since I had done the test before.

After the test, I showed the paper to a friend, which he said was cheating, while someone else said it was resourceful. Tbh, I can't decide wherther or not I cheated in the exam. So I put the question to you BF2s, would you consider this cheating or being resourceful?

Last edited by henno13 (2009-12-07 05:49:23)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6627|UK
It's not cheating.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5788|Catherine Black
It's not cheating, and Krazed is a big sissy girl who is terrible at MW2.

Last edited by Finray (2009-12-07 06:02:14)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
mr.hrundi
Wurstwassereis
+68|6437|Germany
You prepared the most effective way, you didn't cheat. Only those who are jealous because you had an advantage call it cheating.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6653
Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

You prepared well for the test, nothing else to it.  You probably aced it, and the guy who said you cheated is probably just jealous.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5753|Roma
Its not cheating.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North
i agree with everything above this post

except finray because he's a skirt wearing, long haired, LADYBOY

Last edited by krazed (2009-12-07 06:05:00)

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6489|Gogledd Cymru

Past papers are one of the best ways to revise, your teachers will make you do them to revise for the proper exams, you didn't cheat.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5788|Catherine Black

The Sheriff wrote:

Past papers are one of the best ways to revise, your teachers will make you do them to revise for the proper exams, you didn't cheat.
I think he's more worried about the fact the content was almost exactly the same. It's alright though, Teachers fault, they're just too lazy to find original/make up their own questions.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
Shame it's only a mock.
SamBo
Blackburn Rovers Fan
+102|5323|Stoke, England
It's not cheating.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6721|Sydney, Australia

Finray wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

I think he's more worried about the fact the content was almost exactly the same. It's alright though, Teachers fault, they're just too lazy to find original/make up their own questions.
If the papers are available for free on the internet, then he did nothing wrong. As you said, the teachers were just lazy. It's their problem.

Henno mate, nice work. That's the way you do it at uni - study study then hit up some past papers
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6272
Would have done the same.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6494|Sydney, Australia
That's definitely not cheating, but just remember that for the real thing the examiners won't be as predictable.
Benzin
+576|5998
Not cheating in my book - that's what everyone here on my technical university does: Everyone posts the questions they had from every test they take and after a few years of that, we've got quite the nice collection. My girlfriend's university (business uni) puts the THOUSANDS of questions that could possibly come to a test onto their website so that way people can practice at home.

It's not cheating. It's proper preparation for an exam. Good job.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
Its not cheating at all, however mocks are preparation for the real exam, you don't get to put your mock results on your CV.
I found generally doing a good number of past papers, ~5 years or more, and you will cover pretty well every possible question which is likely to come up in the next exam.

Cheating a mock is a little pointless.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-12-08 15:08:24)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard