jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

in conclusion ...
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6549|Columbus, OH

NooBesT wrote:

Why two bombs?
The 2nd one was better than the 1st bomb.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

loubot wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

Why two bombs?
No it wasn't. Or at least that's not how it turned out.

Last edited by Spark (2009-12-18 17:02:18)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Karbin
+42|6265

Spark wrote:

loubot wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

Why two bombs?
No it wasn't. Or at least that's not how it turned out.
True
3/4 of a mile off target ground Zero.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

loubot wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

Why two bombs?
One plutonium based one uranium based, see which one was better.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
So Obama visited Hiroshima, hugged a survivor, and paid tribute to the war dead from both nations. And this really upset people.

Is there any good reason why people should be mad at Obama and still angry at Japan or is this just more of the braindead modern conservative movement?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

its not endemic to American conservatives.  I think it's more a manifestation of nationalism than anything else.  It pissed off the Chinese and Korean governments too for various reasons.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Japan wasn't exactly nice to those countries during dubya dubya dos. To them it's a slap in the face to effectively apologize for dropping the bombs. I understand it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

People are mad at what they automatically assume was an apology because "darn that apology tour Obama." It wasn't. Japan is unlikely to receive one in the lifetime of any of the remaining atom bomb survivors. Japan doesn't even expect one. Instead, it was an acknowledgement, and a statement against nuclear weapons. And it's pretty obvious that the United States is unlikely to give up its nukes at any near juncture.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard