SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6560|Mountains of NC

https://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/120409_stolenvalor_20091204_115318.jpg

" ReportStolenValor.org aims to expose people who fabricate or embellish military accomplishments by making it easier to report suspected Stolen Valor Act offenders to federal authorities and local media outlets."
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6688|NJ
Is this a major problem?

I used to wear my dads sharpshooter pin around back in the day.. The iron cross that said he passed the rifle course, is that why they're talking about?

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2009-12-04 10:24:22)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6560|Mountains of NC

its getting to be that way

and you as a civilan wearing your dads shooting badge isn't that uncommon .... mostly kids that are straight out of bootcamp with chest full of ribbons ..... one I saw had the liberation of Kuwait ribbon ... he's about too turn 19
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
cpt.fass1
+329|6688|NJ
Yeah but unless they're bought, they just might be proud of their family who served.. Just saying?

I was in High School and to be honest it was a target on an Iron cross and I used to get asked all the time why I'd wear Nazi Medals.. Actually it was pretty cool cause I got to explain to them that it was a U.S. Army medal.

I also feel that it'd be better if they started a website against the "God Hates Queers" group.. Just saying

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2009-12-04 10:47:43)

13rin
+977|6471
Pops used to give me his old rank when he ranked up.  I'd pin em on my hat, and store the old ones.  I liked his silver leaf the most... His bird look pretty cool too.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

I understand how much medals and ribbons mean to military folk but do people really have nothing better to do than report to the police how people dress?
13rin
+977|6471

Macbeth wrote:

I understand how much medals and ribbons mean to military folk but do people really have nothing better to do than report to the police how people dress?
imitating an officer is a crime.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6510|Montucky
This isn't about kids wearing Daddy's ribbons to school.

Its about people who didn't serve at all wearing the uniform with ribbons and medals they didn't earn.

Its about military folk who served or are serving that are wearing ribbons and medals they didn't earn.

Silver Stars, Bronze Stars, Purple Hearts ect..
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
Face it captain fass, the only reason you wore that shit is because you wanted to look like a hard ass. Don't bullshit around with honour and shit like that. Even if it was your relatives. Nobody does that shit. It's still bullshit to walk around wearing medals and shit that aren't yours.

You're sort of what the OP is talking about, but maybe not as bad, but still up there, IMO

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-12-04 11:52:52)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Serving military I could understand reporting them. As for a civilian in the middle of surburbia getting reported for wearing a medal or uniform seems sorta silly.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6439|Chicago, IL

Macbeth wrote:

Serving military I could understand reporting them. As for a civilian in the middle of surburbia getting reported for wearing a medal or uniform seems sorta silly.
Some people make up lavish stories and go so far as to make media appearances and attend veterans banquets, it's happened several times in recent years.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6510|Montucky

Macbeth wrote:

I'd be pretty pissed off if Jack McAssfuck was wearing a Purple Heart or The Medal of Honor in the middle of suburbia.  Same goes for wearing a Uniform.

Last edited by S3v3N (2009-12-04 12:00:04)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Lythberg: wouldn't that be up to the vet group or the media to vet (pardon the pun) out their guest?    7: I am sure it would piss you off, but would you waste your time reporting someone for a glorified dress code violation?
cpt.fass1
+329|6688|NJ

Mekstizzle wrote:

Face it captain fass, the only reason you wore that shit is because you wanted to look like a hard ass. Don't bullshit around with honour and shit like that. Even if it was your relatives. Nobody does that shit. It's still bullshit to walk around wearing medals and shit that aren't yours.

You're sort of what the OP is talking about, but maybe not as bad, but still up there, IMO
Naa nothing hard about me, I was 6 foot and 125 in high school when I was rocking that shit.. Wasn't trying to pass it off as my own ever.. I thought it was awesome looking and pined it on my flight jacket, nothing more nothing less.

Imitating an officer is illegal as a civilian(I can see in cases where you're trying to pull shit) does that mean the paddy wagon is going to the next civil war enactment?

I know in things like Paintball, and lots of other things people dress up as officers of the military for fun..

Honestly rocking something and trying to pass it off as your own is totally different then wearing an honor a relative earned..
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6439|Chicago, IL

Macbeth wrote:

Lythberg: wouldn't that be up to the vet group or the media to vet (pardon the pun) out their guest?    7: I am sure it would piss you off, but would you waste your time reporting someone for a glorified dress code violation?
ze puns!  zey burn!

Theoretically, the media should investigate the facts, but it's the American media machine, OMFGWOW stories > actual facts most of the time.  Also, the sheer number of people who have served in the last century makes it very difficult to establish exactly who was where and when.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6510|Montucky

Macbeth wrote:

Yes.

Wearing the Medal of Honor is a federal crime.  Federal pound me in the ass prison.

If you're in the military and you are wearing ribbons/medals/shooting badges, you can enjoy a stay at the brig.

fuck I type so fast I misspell everything.

Last edited by S3v3N (2009-12-04 12:10:30)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD
What pathetic asshat would do something like that (fake service, that is)?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6439|Chicago, IL

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

What pathetic asshat would do something like that (fake service, that is)?
attention whores
cpt.fass1
+329|6688|NJ
Proud Relatives
Reinactors
Actors in movies?

There is three. My cousin has a Medal of Honor from my uncle in WWII I don't know if he's ever worn it though
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Proud Relatives
Reinactors
Actors in movies?

There is three. My cousin has a Medal of Honor from my uncle in WWII I don't know if he's ever worn it though
Thing is I think this web site is looking for people who try to pass themselves off as real soldiers / recipients. Not proud relatives who usually just pin it to an article of clothing or a backpack, not reenactors, and not actors in plays/movies.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6439|Chicago, IL

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Proud Relatives
Reinactors
Actors in movies?

Wearing it =/= telling people about your (fake) heroics in battle.  The site is trying to out fraudsters, not relatives.
cpt.fass1
+329|6688|NJ
Ok Dookie, That's bullshit then and I agree..

Just stating facts that the honors that are given to the men or women is also for their family's as well. Very many Next of Kin actually get awarded the medals for the soldier because the soldier died in combat..

Still think they should make a website of where the protesters for "god hates fags" groups and go there instead. I'd love to see those asshole get their comeupens.

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2009-12-04 12:40:47)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

S.Lythberg wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Some people make up lavish stories and go so far as to make media appearances and attend veterans banquets, it's happened several times in recent years.
Yep. People have worn purple hearts in order to gain discounts at stores or have people buy them beers etc. It's pretty fucking sad if you ask me.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

S3v3N wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I'd be pretty pissed off if Jack McAssfuck was wearing a Purple Heart or The Medal of Honor in the middle of suburbia.  Same goes for wearing a Uniform.
I used to wear one of my dad's purple hearts around when I was playing army as a kid. There's a big difference between a kid who doesn't know any better and an adult imitator.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
https://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb280/anthraX2009/dadlitelrb4.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard