Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6571

Portugal vs Brazil shound be a good one, and Switzerland vs  Honduras later. who else is playing Chile vs who?
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5983|Perth, indian ocean

Mekstizzle wrote:

Your cricket and rugby teams are much better than your football teams, why does nobody make a big deal out of them in NZ. Even now for us. The English cricket team has won the Ashes, won the T20 championship and are beating the Aussies easily right now in the ODI's yet people care more about fucking Tennis. I can understand that football is bigger than cricket in the UK, but fucking tennis? How have we come to this?
maybe because there was a ridiculous 10 hour game of tennis on, or because its wimbledon, or because the queen decided to watch andy murray.
tbh im with you, cricket is way better then tennis, tennis still good but
SamTheMan
­
+341|5141|Stoke, England

Toilet Sex wrote:

Portugal vs Brazil shound be a good one, and Switzerland vs  Honduras later. who else is playing Chile vs who?
not sure who chile are playing mate, must be some small country, insignificant and 0 threat to anyone

Last edited by SamTheMan (2010-06-25 04:26:13)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
Portugal vs Brazil
North Korea vs Ivory Coast

Chile vs Spain
Switzerland vs Honduras

---

If Portugal win they top the group otherwise Brazil just need a draw to top the group. Ivory Coast have to pull off a huge win and combine that with a Portugal defeat to have any hope.

Honduras are out. Chile can still go through even if they lose, as long as they don't lose badly and Switzerland don't win strongly. Spain are out if they draw/lose and Switzerland win. Spain would top the group I think if they beat Chile.

Spain don't have it completely easy.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6673|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Spark wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Your cricket and rugby teams are much better than your football teams, why does nobody make a big deal out of them in NZ. Even now for us. The English cricket team has won the Ashes, won the T20 championship and are beating the Aussies easily right now in the ODI's yet people care more about fucking Tennis. I can understand that football is bigger than cricket in the UK, but fucking tennis? How have we come to this?
Because the truth is no one gives a shit about ODIs any more, especially now we've played about 231910293 times in the last year or so.

Shame, because (offtopic) it would be good - the fact that we have our third-choice bowling line up and half a batting order out of form makes it a fair contest
Also Sparkey mate lets not forget you might have your 3rd choice bowlers but we have South Africa's 2nd XI playing for us.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6584|England

Mekstizzle wrote:

......and Switzerland don't win strongly.
Switzerland had a big win this tourney already.  Can't remember who they beat though.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

Mekstizzle wrote:

Portugal vs Brazil
North Korea vs Ivory Coast

Chile vs Spain
Switzerland vs Honduras

---

If Portugal win they top the group otherwise Brazil just need a draw to top the group. Ivory Coast have to pull off a huge win and combine that with a Portugal defeat to have any hope.

Honduras are out. Chile can still go through even if they lose, as long as they don't lose badly and Switzerland don't win strongly. Spain are out if they draw/lose and Switzerland win. Spain would top the group I think if they beat Chile.

Spain don't have it completely easy.
I think they have it incredibly hard, unless they play their best football. Which they clearly wont.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6571

KingCheese wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

......and Switzerland don't win strongly.
Switzerland had a big win this tourney already.  Can't remember who they beat though.
Some shit 3rd world country I think
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6472|Kakanien
"With his last minute, group-winning goal against Algeria yesterday, the USA's Landon Donovan effectively assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand and invaded Poland"

"From the minute England's round of 16 destiny was clear, you will have heard much about this sainted antagonism with Germany. Yet the so-called rivalry is quite obviously an illusion, existing only in the minds of those wishful to the point of insanity – which is to say, the English"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog … d-cup-2010
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Mekstizzle wrote:

Cricket and Rugby are celebrated, Rugby moreso obviously. The thing about New Zealand is we know when we're good at something and if we're good at something we don't seem to care so much about it. I mean sure, we always appreciate a win but we need the challenge, that's why the NZ/Aussie rivalry works so well, because we continue to challange each other, even with what we each excell at.

But think of it like this: The All Blacks are the best rugby team in the world, (except when it counts,) so a victory is... it's nothing while a loss is a national tragedy. I mean what are you left with? A melecholy feel at a win and a deep dissapointment at a loss. Cricket has it a bit easier, we know we're fairly good at cricket. A win is somethig to be happy about and a loss isn't surprising, a bit unfortunate maybe.

But with Football... Hell forget about it. We'll celebrate a loss if the scores aren't too far apart. For the All Whites to go to one of the biggest world stages there are and perform the way they did and get a result to proove it; it's insane. Too right we all when a little nutty over the All Whites - and still are.

See New Zealand sports fans were bored. The ABs have been performing pretty well, so've the Black Caps, ho hum. The Americas Cup is now a competition between corporations and really we had nothing to get excited about. Sports isn't fun when all you're doing is hoping that your team doesn't loose, you've got to hope for them to win and for this World Cup, against all odds, the All Whites gave us just that. That's where the real enjoyment comes from. The All Whites finally gave us something to be excited about and it's a great thing.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Kez
+778|5702|London, UK
god mek ur so silly
Kez
+778|5702|London, UK
goooooooooooooallllllllllllll ivory coast

lol ive only put toure into my fantasy team just for today and hes got me a goal
Scratch[USA]
+105|6547
well Ivory coast has 2 goals.  Only 7 more to go

Last edited by Scratch[USA] (2010-06-25 07:21:47)

Kez
+778|5702|London, UK

Scratch[USA] wrote:

well Ivory coast has 2 goals.  Only 7 more to go
doable
Scratch[USA]
+105|6547
The way it is going I believe so as well.  This Korea team will probable executed as the walk onto N. Korea soil
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5596|Vacationland
This Brazil v. Portugal ref isn't half bad, he carded a Portuguese player for diving in the box.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS
Lots of yellows but a pretty dirty match. Lucky not to be a red for a full-blown shoulder barge and the most ridiculous of handballs.

Last edited by Spark (2010-06-25 07:48:36)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kez
+778|5702|London, UK
i opted to watch north korea/ivory coast because there'd be more goals and turns out i was right
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6511|Gold Coast
Ive been half-watching Brazil-Portugal, pretty boring imho
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6673|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I been making some mutha fucking signs yo, listening to Brazil vs the fucking Portugeese.  Well of all the shit I could of chosen to listen to eh?? What a fricking let down, bunch of fannies the lot of em.  The highlight was at arf time they went live to Wimbledon, and I fucking hate Tennis, badly.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6511|Gold Coast
The ref has something against Brazil.

sp

Last edited by KuSTaV (2010-06-25 08:27:12)

noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Kez
+778|5702|London, UK
ffs sort it out ivory coast
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6522
this game is shite
Kez
+778|5702|London, UK

Kez wrote:

ffs sort it out ivory coast
SamTheMan