ghettoperson
+1,943|6801

Yes, this was the only downside I could see... But a regular bottle probably isn't enough, and champagne is celebratory!
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6649

ghettoperson wrote:

As my wander-around-town-drunk-on-New-Years-drink, do you guys think a magnum (1.5L) of champagne is enough?
depends, are you wandering alone?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6801

No, I'll be with loads of people.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6649

then a magnum won't even get warm, if you're sharing it. . .
ghettoperson
+1,943|6801

Oh no, this'll just be for me. Everyone else can get their own drinks!
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6649

lol, i got $10 that says you share. especially if there are women about . . .
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6843|Devon, England

burnzz wrote:

lol, i got $10 that says you share. especially if there are women about . . .
And drunk.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6801

Yeah, I've decided to go for a regular bottle, Google reckons a magnum will weight 5kg which is going to kill me carrying it around all evening...
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6843|Devon, England

ghettoperson wrote:

Yeah, I've decided to go for a regular bottle, Google reckons a magnum will weight 5kg which is going to kill me carrying it around all evening...
Only gets lighter over time, you'd hope.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6784|949

yeah, you ever held a magnum?  They aren't light.  If I were you I'd just bring a backpack with a few bottles of champagne in it.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6649

FFLink wrote:

Only gets lighter over time, you'd hope.
less to share. i'd go magnum, make it rain
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6623
why the fuck would you carry a magnum of champagne to walk around town with...

hey guys im going for a walk later, do you think i should take a full sunday roast along for a snack?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
bennisboy
+829|6798|Poundland

Uzique wrote:

why the fuck would you carry a magnum of champagne to walk around town with...

hey guys im going for a walk later, do you think i should take a full sunday roast along for a snack?
yes

oh and take pics

Last edited by bennisboy (2009-12-12 17:20:29)

=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6518|California
oi oi
ghettoperson
+1,943|6801

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

yeah, you ever held a magnum?  They aren't light.  If I were you I'd just bring a backpack with a few bottles of champagne in it.
No, I've held a Methuselah though which was fucking ridiculously heavy. I'm going for the multiple singles instead, although it does mean I'll have to bring a bag, but oh well.

@Uzi, because I'd like a large amount of alcohol with me, and a magnum would obviously be the next step up from a standard bottle, whilst leaving me a spare hand.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6623
well then just take something stronger than champagne that will do a better job re: 'a large amount of alcohol'. carrying a magnum of champagne around serves no purpose other than to come across as a magnanimous, ostentatious prick. buy the expensive magnum of champagne at your upper-class venue if you want to give off a celebratory air of sophistication, sure... but carrying it around is impracticality just for superficialities' sake. you know exactly what im talking about. quit being a dumbie and just take some strong spirits on your person.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
ghettoperson
+1,943|6801

Yeah, I had a Camelbak full of vodka Redbull last year. I dunno, I just felt like having champagne because it's New Year, although I guess you're right that it doesn't lend itself to being a practical way to get drunk fast.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6599|Boulder, CO
What the hell? Walking home I got stopped by police and after a series of questions, name? Where are you coming from? How was it etc... (I just plain asked if he wanted my i.d to save time at this point), after a little more time of him staring at it he let me continue. As I was walking down this alley I stopped to text my mate saying "Wtf is this shit?" the two cops started following me down the alley. After about 200 metres they took another side street and I continued, very confused. I walk up to my road (a dead end with no crime or wrong doing at all) and see two more officers stood the other side of my road looking rather serious as if they were waiting for me.

This never happens, though if I were drunk I would find it reasonably sensible however I had only had 4 pints so I wasn't even drunk.

Such a weird thing to occur. How's everyone else's night been?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6649

pretty well Noobeater, i'm about to have dinner - i've invited my sister over. have a nice evening/nite . . .
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6873|Sydney, Australia

burnzz wrote:

pretty well Noobeater, i'm about to have dinner - i've invited my sister over. have a nice evening/nite . . .
I've got a family christmas thing tonight.

Fml. I hate these get togethers.
Amdi Peter
peut-ĂȘtre
+111|5700|paris

mcminty wrote:

burnzz wrote:

I've got a family christmas thing tonight.

Fml. I hate these get togethers.
Don't you think you're having a bad time.

I went to the psychiatric emergency(room), yet again.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6784|949

why Amdi?
Amdi Peter
peut-ĂȘtre
+111|5700|paris

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

why Amdi?
Feeling really bad lately.
Thought about running away or taking some pills, so my dad took me.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6805
It wasnt because of what I said last night, right? :(
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6784|949

You know, feeling depressed is a natural thing.  Life aint grand all the time.  Most people are able to cope with the rollercoaster that is life by not having too large a mood swing - the downs and ups are not as extreme.  If I were you I'd look at whether you are making things out to be worse than they really are in your mind or if you have some type of chemical imbalance that may require medicine.  Depression is a shitty thing, regardless.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard