Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6679|Canberra, AUS

Ty wrote:

Just when you thought Australia couldn't get any more racist and xenophobic, the Coalition - i.e. the Government in a few months time - recommends that neighbourhoods be notified when asylum seekers move into their area.

What the actual fuck?
sometimes this country is very, very difficult to like
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5590

go back to China then
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6721

Spark wrote:

Ty wrote:

Just when you thought Australia couldn't get any more racist and xenophobic, the Coalition - i.e. the Government in a few months time - recommends that neighbourhoods be notified when asylum seekers move into their area.

What the actual fuck?
first it was yellow asians who were a threat, now its brown asians.

there was some stupid shit about how a woman at macquarie uni got sexually assaulted by a brown dude, cops interviewed a few asylum seekers and media went OMG ASYLUM SEEKERS LIVE IN UNI CAMPUS, HOW DARE DFAT DO SUCH A THING AND NOT ALERT US OF BROWN PEOPLE.

this country seriously goes full retard when it comes to dealing with asians sometime.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6779|Noizyland

"Oh dear the wogs are moving in. That can't be good for property values." - Scott Morrison.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6721

Ty wrote:

"Oh dear the wogs are moving in. That can't be good for property values." - Scott Morrison.
dont forget asian menace
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6627|Little Bentcock
You are a menace.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5183|Sydney
Today the QLD state LNP appealed to the federal government to intervene as four Aboriginal people have died from renal failure this month due to cuts made to the health service by the QLD state LNP government. And tried to play the moral card of "the federal minister must do something, people are dying here".

Last edited by Jaekus (2013-02-27 20:58:26)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6111|eXtreme to the maX

Cybargs wrote:

Spark wrote:

Ty wrote:

What the actual fuck?

there was some stupid shit about how a woman at macquarie uni got sexually assaulted by a brown dude, cops interviewed a few asylum seekers and media went OMG ASYLUM SEEKERS LIVE IN UNI CAMPUS, HOW DARE DFAT DO SUCH A THING AND NOT ALERT US OF BROWN PEOPLE.

this country seriously goes full retard when it comes to dealing with asians sometime.
Generally speaking we have no idea who asylum seekers are or what their background is, possibly criminal, since they often destroy their documents.

Housing them amongst 18 year olds having their first bit of freedom isn't appropriate however you look at it.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6721

Dilbert_X wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Spark wrote:

Generally speaking we have no idea who asylum seekers are or what their background is, possibly criminal, since they often destroy their documents.

Housing them amongst 18 year olds having their first bit of freedom isn't appropriate however you look at it.
yeah but uplaying that they're a threat to a community is just xenophobic journalism. i have tons of friends who are in macquarie and sri lanken refugees aren't exactly the biggest threat to their safety. shit drunk uni students would cause more harm than a bunch of refos.

if DFAT cleared those people to be genuine asylum seekers, obviously it's not like they've been handed a free pass because they got to the border.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6779|Noizyland

Department of Immigration came out today revealing that fewer than five people on bridging visas had been the subject of police proceedings since 2001 - 45 time less than the number of people charged with crimes from the general community.

The Coalition are fucking idiots. If you want to make a political issue out of one incident you should at least look to see how prevalent the problem is or, you know, if there is actually a problem. It takes so little for the Coalition to be revealed as utterly fallacious fruitcakes. Unfortunately their rhetoric speaks to the strong undercurrent of xenophobic Australians and they're not exactly the type of group to care about things like "facts" and "reality".
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

You guys have it lucky. Our people make a big deal out of foreign language on business signs and billboards.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6721

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

You guys have it lucky. Our people make a big deal out of foreign language on business signs and billboards.
Lol ever been to NYC china town, all the bank signs are in Chinese same as some suburbs here (even CBD) has signs in both Chinese and English. People won't bitch and moan because before the asians put their language on their business doors, it was the greeks, germans and italians .

Ty: It's just pandering to the bogan class. I think it's a good sign that they try to legitimize their racism on an immigration front, eg bitching about illegal refugees and what not (there are some, not many, but some who are not legitimate refugees who come for economic reasons). At least they aren't bitching about asian immigration on general and that Australia is getting "swarmed" and how asians are "OMG UNAUSTRALIAN" because asians don't know who donald bradman is lawl.

If they really want to stop illegal immigration in this country, stop all the poms and yanks who overstay their working holiday/ tourist visas
13/f/taiwan
+940|5703

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

every non-native(immigrant) based neighborhood in nyc has another language in addition to english which is indicative of the ethnic/religious makeup of the neighborhood.

chinatown, borough park, etc.-chinese/korean.
bensonhurst, ocean parkway, brighton beach, williamsburg, etc. russian/eastern european/jewish
bay ridge, astoria etc.-arabic/muslim/greek/christian etc.
sunset park, lower east side, washington heights etc.-spanish/christian.

i could go on but it's a long list.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5363|London, England
Greek food in Queens is better than the Greek food I had in Greece last summer.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13/f/taiwan
+940|5703
there are norwegian stores in bay ridge and every year they have a parade in the neighborhood when maybe 10 new yorkers are actually fluent in the language.

the only thing the irish have to show for are the pubs.

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2013-02-28 19:36:32)

13/f/taiwan
+940|5703
nah i'm just kidding. they have like one authentic restaurant.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6721

Jay wrote:

Greek food in Queens is better than the Greek food I had in Greece last summer.
I think it's just your palate. It's like white people preferring chinese food they get in Chinatown restaurants rather than legit chinese food.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6502

what, like free range cat?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6502

like wokking the dog?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6502

i really think that immigrants do bring their comfort foods with them, and food is the best way to be introduced to a different culture. i'm not Viet, or even Hmong, but i love Pho.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6502

stereotyping is just shorthand for ignorance, and the easiest way to spot a bigot is someone who won't try a different culture's food.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5363|London, England

13/f/taiwan wrote:

there are norwegian stores in bay ridge and every year they have a parade in the neighborhood when maybe 10 new yorkers are actually fluent in the language.

the only thing the irish have to show for are the pubs.
The Swedes celebrate Midsummer in Battery Park every year too!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6502

and i like how american's derailed an aussie politics thread and scream bloody murder when a euro posts an opinion in their threads . . .
13/f/taiwan
+940|5703
have any of you bastards tried arabic food yet?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6721

13urnzz wrote:

stereotyping is just shorthand for ignorance, and the easiest way to spot a bigot is someone who won't try a different culture's food.
you ever eat heart of beating snake?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard