Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

I'll make sure it wont. Report it or Pm me. We already have a dedicated thread for climategate.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS

Kmarion wrote:

I'll make sure it wont. Report it or Pm me. We already have a dedicated thread for climategate.
okedoke, i'll just do some snooping around and gather info's and stuff first
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone

Spark wrote:

To the states? Fuck no, that would be a disaster of the highest magnitude. Federal government is the only level of government that seems mildly competent right now.
My local government does a fair enough job, except for the fact the state keeps overruling its decisions.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
My local govt is totally corrupt and thoroughly useless, I have no idea what they are going to do next.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Spark
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
In ACT as you know state and local governments are rolled into one, which seems to work OK. Probably a model that other states could use? I know Abbott is keen to pursue it.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Turnbull has said he'll cross the floor when the Labor govt. tries to reintroduce the ETS and is urging other liberals to follow.

He isn't sniping from the back bench, he is lobbing grenades.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I disagree, the idea of always toeing the party line is anti-democratic.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Yeah I agree Dilbert, but if the party has members cross the floor the democratic process also likely failed in the party room conferences.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The party room and democracy are two entirely different things.
Spark
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS

AussieReaper wrote:

Turnbull has said he'll cross the floor when the Labor govt. tries to reintroduce the ETS and is urging other liberals to follow.

He isn't sniping from the back bench, he is lobbing grenades.
How so? He's not about to back down from his position.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
http://malcolmturnbull.com.au/MalcolmsB … hange.aspx

Not a bad read this.

So any suggestion that you can dramatically cut emissions without any cost is, to use a favourite term of Mr Abbott, "bullshit." Moreover he knows it.
~ Richard Feynman
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6221|Brisneyland
I might paste a bit more of his blog entry, everyone has probably seen a lot of this already , but for those that havent....

Malcolm Turnbull wrote:

"While a shadow minister, Tony Abbott was never afraid of speaking bluntly in a manner that was at odds with Coalition policy," he writes.

"So as I am a humble backbencher I am sure he won't complain if I tell a few home truths about the farce that the Coalition's policy, or lack of policy, on climate change has descended into.

"To replace dirty coal fired power stations with cleaner gas fired ones, or renewables like wind let alone nuclear power or even coal fired power with carbon capture and storage is all going to cost money.

To get farmers to change the way they manage their land, or plant trees and vegetation all costs money.

"Somebody has to pay.

"So any suggestion that you can dramatically cut emissions without any cost is, to use a favourite term of Mr Abbott, 'bullshit.' Moreover he knows it.

"It is not possible to criticise the new Coalition policy on climate change because it does not exist."

Mr Turnbull goes on to describe those who backed Mr Abbott's leadership as climate change sceptics.

"As we are being blunt, the fact is that Tony and the people who put him in his job do not want to do anything about climate change. They do not believe in human caused global warming.

"As Tony observed on one occasion 'climate change is crap', or if you consider his mentor, Senator Minchin, the world is not warming, it's cooling and the climate change issue is part of a vast left wing conspiracy to deindustrialise the world.

"The Liberal Party is currently led by people whose conviction on climate change is that it is "crap" and you don't need to do anything about it. Any policy that is announced will simply be a con, an environmental figleaf to cover a determination to do nothing."

He also attacked Mr Abbott for holding contradicting views on climate change and for reneging on the deal Mr Turnbull reached with the Government to pass the ETS.

"Tony himself has in just four or five months publicly advocated the blocking of the ETS, the passing of the ETS, the amending of the ETS and if the amendments were satisfactory passing it, and now the blocking of it," he says.

"His only redeeming virtue in this remarkable lack of conviction is that every time he announced a new position to me he would preface it with 'Mate, mate, I know I am a bit of a weather vane on this, but...'

"We have given our opponents the irrefutable, undeniable evidence that we cannot be trusted."
source

To be honest, Good on Malcolm for stepping up . I think he is right on this one. Its not like Tony Abbott has done him any favours.

Joe Hockey also suggested that Tony Abbotts environmental policy would cost $50billion to implement. So despite what he says, Abbots policy will also cost, he just seems to be hiding it.

PS : Guys , may I also add a thankyou for participating in this thread so well. Almost every other thread on this forum deteriorates into a " RIGHT v LEFT" or "liberals are shit " type of thread. I know we have posters of different political persuasions here, but we kept it civil, and to be honest seems to be more in the spirit of DST than most. Cheers.

Last edited by Burwhale (2009-12-07 03:43:35)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

After all those doom and gloom predictions anybody see the news poll figures today?

I know polls don't mean shit but politicians take them seriously, and the changes are a bit odd for how unpopular Abbott supposedly is.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6221|Brisneyland
I did see some polls in the Australian. His numbers were higher than Turnbulls ( which were very low) but apparently most new opposition leaders get a boost in polls before they get into it. Turnbull polls went up after Nelson, Abbotts went up as well. Pretty much have to see how Abbott polls in a month or 2.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6719|Sydney, Australia

Burwhale wrote:

PS : Guys , may I also add a thankyou for participating in this thread so well. Almost every other thread on this forum deteriorates into a " RIGHT v LEFT" or "liberals are shit " type of thread. I know we have posters of different political persuasions here, but we kept it civil, and to be honest seems to be more in the spirit of DST than most. Cheers.
In my mod capacity, I want to echo Burwhale's thankyou and give congrats to everyone for actually debating and discussing this in a civil manner. Let this thread be the example for correct behaviour in a BF2s political thread.

If I had unlimited karma, I'd +1 you all.. buuuuut I dont, so that ain't gonna happen
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

mcminty wrote:

Burwhale wrote:

In my mod capacity, I want to echo Burwhale's thankyou and give congrats to everyone for actually debating and discussing this in a civil manner. Let this thread be the example for correct behaviour in a BF2s political thread.

If I had unlimited karma, I'd +1 you all.. buuuuut I dont, so that ain't gonna happen
Its pretty sad that it takes a bunch of drunk convicts to be prime examples of civility.

Last edited by Cybargs (2009-12-07 03:49:04)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Cybargs wrote:

mcminty wrote:

Burwhale wrote:

Its pretty sad that it takes a bunch of drunk convicts to be prime examples of civility.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BREEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Cunt.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6719|Sydney, Australia

Cybargs wrote:

mcminty wrote:

Burwhale wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Cunt.

Cybargs wrote:

civility.
Civility. We have it.

EDIT: ANYWAAAAAY, back to politics.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

I thought the reply was appropriate when taken with the fact that the half Aussie CALLED US ALL DRUNK GORAM CONVICTS! Thus he broke the combo.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Flecco wrote:

I thought the reply was appropriate when taken with the fact that the half Aussie CALLED US ALL DRUNK GORAM CONVICTS! Thus he broke the combo.
Gramps was German so he wasn't a convict Then again grandma was Irish =/
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Back to Turnbull, seems a shame the only flash of backbone was after he got ditched.
Up to then he seemed like just another big-business stooge.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6221|Brisneyland
Yeah it seems that he needed the wind put up him to really perform, By that time it was sorta too late. Still theres no reason why he cant have another shot at the leadership after abbott.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Back to Turnbull, seems a shame the only flash of backbone was after he got ditched.
Up to then he seemed like just another big-business stooge.
Hope he starts this new party of his.

I can forgive the republic thing if it's an actual decent party that isn't plagued by social conservatives/union stooges.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Do you think Kevin Andrews will get a front bench position?
Spark
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS

AussieReaper wrote:

Do you think Kevin Andrews will get a front bench position?
quite probably, if barnaby joyce is getting one.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard