Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6260|eXtreme to the maX
Do illegal immigrants have access to any of those services? No.

So how do you rationalise stealing from the taxpayer who paid for your however-many-year paid vacation in the military and subsequent tax-payer funded schooling?

Your country has shit border controls, shit employment controls and a stupid baby-anchor scheme which draws people in like a huge person-magnet, its not the average illegals fault they get sucked in by this - its as good as inevitable.

You're not a libertarian, you don't even understand half the nonsense you parrot, you're an appalling hypocrite.
That you're annoyed by boorish anti-social freeloaders is frankly very funny.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2015-08-26 05:35:56)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6786|949

They have access to schools, police, other municipal services.

What are the shit employment controls?  I'm a big fan of the birthright citizenship program, but I can understand why it doesn't work for other countries.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+640|3874

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

What are the shit employment controls?  I'm a big fan of the birthright citizenship program, but I can understand why it doesn't work for other countries.
I like the concept of birthright citizenship and am okay with it being uniquely American. I think it is a point of national pride.

It's inspiring to live in a country that says "give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free unless they are Chinese and want to buy a house in your  neighborhood. Keep that yellow plague away from here"
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6870
realistically it attracts super wealth chinese. buying them 3 mil dollar houses with cash coz they aren't plebs.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
uziq
+492|3606

SuperJail Warden wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I like the concept of birthright citizenship and am okay with it being uniquely American. I think it is a point of national pride.

It's inspiring to live in a country that says "give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free unless they are Chinese and want to buy a house in your  neighborhood. Keep that yellow plague away from here"
that stuff was perfect grist to the industrial mill. it sounds so idealistic and noble but anyone who has read upton sinclair knows how that experience turned out. what america should be more proud of than its immigration policy per se is the fact that those international influences drove an excellent early 20th left/progressive/unionist movement. the victories of those second/third generation immigrants and their importance to american national history are always obscured. instead you get people focussing on italian anarchists or the jews.

Last edited by uziq (2015-08-26 15:15:07)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

What are the shit employment controls?
Only people who are in the country legally and with a permit to work are allowed to work, if they're caught they and the employer get a fat fine, prison, and at the end of it a trip to another country.

It helps deal with an unwanted underclass, the black economy and the low-value immigrants Jay finds so offensive to his eyes.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+640|3874
The Republican presidential candidate Scott Walker said on Sunday that building a wall on the US northern border with Canada was “a legitimate issue for us to look at”.

Asked in an interview on NBC if he wanted to build a wall on the Canadian border, the Wisconsin governor cited his experience talking to voters “including some law enforcement folks” in New Hampshire, an early voting state in the Republican primaries. Such people, he said, were concerned about terrorists potentially crossing over from Canada.

“They raised some very legitimate concerns, including some law enforcement folks that brought that up to me at one of our town hall meetings about a week and a half ago,” Walker said. “So that is a legitimate issue for us to look at.”
Stupid. I wonder if all of these people advocating for walls everywhere ever considered if the walls will be used to trap them in.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6929|Noizyland

It's on! Again! Allegedly!

In fairness in February Abbott asked for six months to "turn it around."  In that time he's done squat. If anything he should just stand down.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6870
he'll never be out.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6929|Noizyland

Malcom's resigned. Probably for the best, he was doing bugger all as Communications Minister. Not that anyone else has been doing much.

Question is whether this is a genuine challenge or whether it's like what we saw when Rudd resigned as Foreign Minister. Turnbull could be throwing himself on a grenade before the Canning by-election to defuse all the leadership talk. But I don't see it. For one Julie Bishop's lined up to be his deputy. For two, Abbott did make that plea six months ago. For three, Turnbull's denouncement of the Abbott leadership has been spot on and I think everyone knows it. Not like Rudd's generic "lost its direction" line.

What does Abbott have left to argue with? I don't think anyone can believe that he will turn things around, not when he takes good press such as the 12,000 refugee thing and immediately stands underneath a boom mic with that balding tit he appointed Immigration Minister guffawing about the people of Kiribati living out their days in ankle deep water. He can't do a fucking thing right. And what has he got from now until the next election? Any policies to push though? Any vision? Nothing. Not a thing. Try half-heartedly to manipulate numerous stalled policies through the Senate. Bring out a national security talk-piece every week. Get Joe to point out the bleeding obvious to business professionals and economists who know more than him. Blame Labor. Say he stopped the boats again. We've had two years of this already from him. He's spent.

I think I might be about to see my fifth PM in the five years I've been doing my vaguely-connected-to-Australian-politics job.

So Malcolm Leader, Julie Deputy, Scott as Treasurer - that's actually a pretty damn able team. One that has a real chance against Bin Spitting. One that I don't like, particularly the second two, but one that is capable. One that doesn't give important roles to clowns and defends their inadequate performances by trying to pass off loyalty as a good thing - we know you're loyal to your mates Tones, how about being loyal to the people who entrusted you to lead a government that can do a good job!

Ooh what fun. Be more fun when Malcolm's colleagues remember why they dumped him.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6929|Noizyland

Word is Abbott's really struggling to shore up numbers. Starting to suspect he may even fall on his sword.

Interestingly if he takes up a seat on the backbench he'll most likely be sitting next to Bronnie. Awkward.

Edit: Vote it is! Good 'cause that's more fun. Should be decided this evening. Hoped they might save it for the morning but oh well. Does Tony actually have the numbers? Wouldn't that be a thing! If he survives this one it will be the first time he's done anything worthy of respect.

Edit 2: Joe has something to say. Reckon he's going to try and shield his boss from some shrapnel. Maybe his scalp is the price for getting enough MPs on Tones' side.

Edit 3: Noope, Joe gives a stirring rendition of "Stand By Your Man" instead. Rumours of who Tony's new deputy might be are swirling. Surely not Joe. Peter Dutton? It's been whispered. Might actually be Scotty Morrison since he hasn't nailed his colours to the mast to support Malcolm. Suggests Scott's more dedicated to his ideologies than his career. Admirable. Stupid, but admirable.

Edit 4: "We are not Labor." Gonna need a source on that, Joe.

Edit 5: Jacqie Lambie's office has sent this out. Why would Jacquie Lambie's office send this out?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I don't care for Abbott, I predict Turnbull will be a Gordon Brown - smug in his own cleverness but out of his depth when it comes to actually doing anything productive in the long term for the country.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6929|Noizyland

Wouldn't be surprised. He'll get a boost and maybe Bent Spoontits will have to actually do something but I can't see him as any great redeemer. After all this is a bloke who lost a leadership spill to Tony Abbott.

Edit: Scotty throwing his lot in with Abbott makes this a lot more interesting. A Turnbull-Bishop-Morrison team would be formidable but without someone seen as a real achiever Turnbull may be in trouble. Who does he call on? Sinodinos was found to be too pathetic for ICAC to even call him corrupt. Andrew Robb maybe? He's done an okay job but the guy was highlighted in an article recently about "ministers who could be sacked".
[Blinking eyes thing]
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I like Douglas Adams theory, the person who most wants to be leader is the person who should definitely not be allowed to be leader.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6929|Noizyland

Agreed. Becoming an MP needs to be an avenue of last resort. The kind of decision that comes with a "Right, I've got better things to do but really..." instead of a "I think I'll be a good MP because..." Career politicians are a fucking plague wherever they occur. People who travel career paths to become politicians are no better, (through unions or through local government etc.)

Wonder what Andrew Hastie's thinking right now? Imagine he'd be a bit miffed.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I don't care what anyone is thinking, I'd like them get on with running the country.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5333|Sydney
#putoutyouronions
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm ready

https://www.therailway.com.au/bottleshop/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/h/chancer_golden_ale_case.jpg
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6929|Noizyland

Don't think I can stay awake to see how this resolves. Wish they saved it for the morning. I may be waking up and going to work to write about a new Australian PM. Wouldn't be the first time.

Malcolm supporters being fairly quiet at the mo. Maybe they think they've revealed their hand too soon? Tony supporters saying the base is rallying, chanting "Tones! Tones! Tones!" and throwing a cloud of shredded onion skin like confetti, though they would say that wouldn't they.

Morrison has allegedly given his support to Tony though that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Kevin Andrews being coy, "might be Tony's deputy, might be Malcolm's Defence Minister." Might be keeping Bronnie company on the back bench if his performance is anything to go by. Joe Hockey's returned the loyalty Abbott's shown him though I'm not sure how welcome that is. Basically everyone who relies on Abbott for their jobs will back him. That leaves an awful lot who are worried that Abbott will cost them theirs.

Looks like the meeting will be at 10pm Aus time. That's 12am my time. Fuck it, I'm going to bed.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its bad enough SA is 30 minutes out of step, why does NZ thinks its special enough to be in a different time zone?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6929|Noizyland

Because we're over 4,000kms away. Doesn't seem it sometimes but we're not all that close. Only a couple hundreds KMs closer than Singapore and the Philippines.

Thought SA was looking at shifting time zones. Do it. Makes everything easier. Plus it'll annoy Broken Hill.

Bed time.

Edit: Joint party room meeting, Tony's bringing in the Nats! Fuck it I want to go to sleep but I can't not know how this turns out!

Edit 2: Disregard, tired journalists reporting untruths. Just a Liberal meeting. Faulty report came from MP Scott Buchholz who seems to be voting for Tones.

Edit 3: 99 to vote. 50 is the magic number to win it. 9:15pm is when it's going down.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Ty wrote:

Plus it'll annoy Broken Hill.
And Ceduna
Jaekus
+957|5333|Sydney
I've got my crackers and dip beside me in anticipation.
Jaekus
+957|5333|Sydney
"If Abbott wins, then it's hard to see how Turnbull could stay in the backbench - or, for that matter, Julie Bishop. If Turnbull wins, then Abbott and now clearly Hockey are gone.

Furthermore, how's that election going to go? Whoever triumphs this evening is going to preside over a broken party, having lost a good slab of the frontbench, and also still preside over the same economic and political woes that got them here in the first place.

For Abbott, he can hardly knife Hockey without looking disloyal, which means going to the electorate with the same two people largely blamed for the state of the country. Alternatively, the Liberals can pin their hopes on a leader popular largely with people that wouldn't vote for the party in the first place."
http://www.smh.com.au/comment/view-from … jmh7b.html
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6929|Noizyland

Gone!

Please welcome your fifth PM in five years, the guy Tony Abbott beat in 2009! Congratulations, you're fucked.

Also as a sad side note, Tony Abbott leaves office four days short of qualifying for PM retirement perks.
[Blinking eyes thing]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard