Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Dilbert_X wrote:

Sure, and if the barriers were removed the the highest number would come here by boat.
yeah all those afghani, iraqi and sri lankan refugees are going to flood the country. you wouldve vote for pauline hanson if you could

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney

Dilbert_X wrote:

Sure, and if the barriers were removed the the highest number would come here by boat.
I don't think the Brits can be bothered jumping onto a boat to Australia any more.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Countries need to have control of their borders, to know who is coming and going and who lives here.

If people want open immigration let the parties put forward their plans and the country can vote on it.

Allowing in economic migrants who arrive illegally works for no-one, especially real refugees, and not forgetting the taxpayer.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Dilbert_X wrote:

Countries need to have control of their borders, to know who is coming and going and who lives here.

If people want open immigration let the parties put forward their plans and the country can vote on it.

Allowing in economic migrants who arrive illegally works for no-one, especially real refugees, and not forgetting the taxpayer.
Yeah fuck all those brits and chinese that come here. and the irish too, coming on their potato boats and shoot up all the jobs with their rap.

trollbert this isn't an immigration issue. it's an asylum issue. get your head out of your ass.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney

Cybargs wrote:

this isn't an immigration issue. it's an asylum issue.
Captain Obvious isn't obvious enough for some.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its anything but an asylum issue, the majority of the people coming by boat are economic migrants, same as by air no doubt.

As I said, if Australia wants open economic immigration and/or a more generous asylum system thats one thing, by all means have the govt change the system, then people can apply at their nearest Australia embassy.

Letting people in because they burn their passport, deliberately sink their boat and copy-paste an invented story off the internet is another.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-07-19 21:55:36)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its anything but an asylum issue, the majority of the people coming by boat are economic migrants, same as by air no doubt.
No they are not. 90% of the claims are GENUINE asylum claims. That's why it's called the asylum seeker issue trollbert. You think people enjoy risking their lives on a dingy boat and end up in detention centers? Australia should commit to the refugee conventions WHICH WE SIGNED. Or just bail out of it.

Nobody says letting people in because they have no documents, don't be a bogan trollbert.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
90% Of boat arrivals are let in because the govt has decided to let them all in, because it just easier, and have incentivised the people doing the processing accordingly.
Intermediate detention is the only remaining deterrent, and why boat arrivals are at their current high level.

The refugee conventions don't require Australia to let in anyone and everyone who arrives, they do require genuine refugees to apply for asylum to the first safe country they get to, not fly half-way around the world and island-hop until they reach a country with a generous welfare system and a non-muslim government.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-07-19 22:06:11)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
er mah gerd such a big issue. 13,000 asylum seekers come to australia per year. such a serious detriment to our economy.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
https://www.abc.net.au/news/linkableblob/4694210/data/boat-arrivals-by-year-graph-data.jpg

er mah gerd such a big issue. 13,000 asylum seekers come to australia per year. such a serious detriment to our economy.
So put it on a legal footing, and lock out the illegals.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
yeah we should stop the planes. 60k illegals a year.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/ille … 6200568050

Last edited by Cybargs (2013-07-19 22:14:47)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its better that people come by plane and are turned back no?
Less cost to the Navy, less risk to everyone involved?

Giving boat arrivals first place in the queue, and a better chance of being admitted would be dumb wouldn't it?
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
I can't even be bothered arguing with Dilbert's level of ignorance.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its better that people come by plane and are turned back no?
Less cost to the Navy, less risk to everyone involved?

Giving boat arrivals first place in the queue, and a better chance of being admitted would be dumb wouldn't it?
yes dilbert, we know australia is better off being ethnically clean. we should bring back the 10 pound poms eh.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

Cybargs wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

No they are not. 90% of the claims are GENUINE asylum claims. That's why it's called the asylum seeker issue trollbert. You think people enjoy risking their lives on a dingy boat and end up in detention centers? Australia should commit to the refugee conventions WHICH WE SIGNED. Or just bail out of it.

Nobody says letting people in because they have no documents, don't be a bogan trollbert.
i saw a documentary about australia recently on the BBC, which was quite strange. half of it was kinda typical 'whoah wildlife! whoah scenery!' travel documentary stuff, but then LITERALLY half of the documentary was given over to talking about australian immigration, racism, and the treatment of aborigines. it was like watching a david attenborough documentary about apes, only for him to go off for 45 minutes on president mugabe. quite strange, but eye-opening, and sure better than the usual docu-style of just eco-tourism.

and yeah, he visited a few centres where migrants were being held, for like, years. 75% of them were asylum seekers from places in the middle-east and places like indonesia. a vast majority of them were muslims, actually. this was on the north-coast of australia, which i don't know if that makes any difference. people who had fled literally from syria or the iraq-afghan conflicts, and had made it to australia. motherfuck that's a long way to go to seek asylum somewhere. then fat pom idiots like dilbert that can't even provide for themselves without parental support want to say their life isn't hard enough. typical white dude.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

i saw a documentary about australia recently on the BBC, which was quite strange. half of it was kinda typical 'whoah wildlife! whoah scenery!' travel documentary stuff, but then LITERALLY half of the documentary was given over to talking about australian immigration, racism, and the treatment of aborigines. it was like watching a david attenborough documentary about apes, only for him to go off for 45 minutes on president mugabe. quite strange, but eye-opening, and sure better than the usual docu-style of just eco-tourism.

and yeah, he visited a few centres where migrants were being held, for like, years. 75% of them were asylum seekers from places in the middle-east and places like indonesia. a vast majority of them were muslims, actually. this was on the north-coast of australia, which i don't know if that makes any difference. people who had fled literally from syria or the iraq-afghan conflicts, and had made it to australia. motherfuck that's a long way to go to seek asylum somewhere. then fat pom idiots like dilbert that can't even provide for themselves without parental support want to say their life isn't hard enough. typical white dude.
welp luckily for them they can't settle in australia anymore!

https://i.imgur.com/46BRabk.jpg

Yep that's an official gov ad.

GG australia, that'll show those boat people!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
europe really does regard australia as a backwards, racist shithole.

the ironic thing is your proximity to- and demand from- china is what is floating your entire resources-based economy right now.

ethnically pure, racially dependent.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

the ironic thing is your proximity to- and demand from- china is what is floating your entire resources-based economy right now.

ethnically pure, racially dependent.
dilbert is pretty much the same as the bogan tradie who bitches about asian this immigration that while he's chomming down asian food and drooling over asian bitches.

dilbert you should GTFO of australia. we have enough uppity entitled white people in this country.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
his natural white privilege means he can go pick-up an asian wife whenever he so pleases, though. don't forget. he's made a bit of money, he's white, marry me, cunt.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6150|'straya

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Well lets not generalise too much, if all of Europe saw Australia in that way we probably wouldn't have such large amounts of immigrants and holidaymakers coming from Europe.

That said, I won't argue against that there is certainly a large and vocal section of the Australian public that is racist. Unfortunately, it's also the group that the last few governments have felt the need to shape policy towards to get those "precious" votes.

We resettled tens of thousands of refugees from Vietnam after the war, and yet refugees from Afghanistan and Iraq...

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2013-07-20 05:19:40)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
people emigrate to australia to work in the sun and earn a good living. that doesn't mean they find your culture or social policies charming. it means they want opportunity. australia could be anywhere in the world. lots of americans and europeans move to places like korea and japan to work, for opportunity, too. it's a gold-mine (though doesn't involve literally going down an aussie mine). doesn't mean they're in love with confucian culture and the social norms that prevail there (in fact, most hate it, finding it antithetical to western liberalism). europeans are generally progressive. australia is generally reactionary.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Well lets not generalise too much, if all of Europe saw Australia in that way we probably wouldn't have such large amounts of immigrants and holidaymakers coming from Europe.

That said, I won't argue against that there is certainly a large and vocal section of the Australian public that is racist. Unfortunately, it's also the group that the last few governments have felt the need to shape policy towards to get those "precious" votes.

We resettled tens of thousands of refugees from Vietnam after the war, and yet refugees from Afghanistan and Iraq...

good doco
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
Policies like these are there only to appeal to what I would guess as being the 10-15% of the population who are swing voters, who ultimately decide elections.

Most people I personally know are angry at this latest decision to shut out asylum seekers.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
not like the liberals are going to be more welcoming to asylum seekers. its just to secure votes, not to win them. everyone is bitching about 457 visas for no good reasons now.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Most people know that most of them aren't 'asyslum seekers', they're economic migrants.
No country is obliged to take economic migrants.

That so many are muslim is interesting, they skip through multiple muslim countries on their way and risk their lives and their families to live amongst infidels.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard