Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
He's more or less the Australian Dubya, a strange and conflicted puppet.

But still better than the opposition.

Maybe.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
never trust a man who looks like a hooker's fish-net dragged through a puddle of tanning lotion.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

never trust a man who looks like a hooker's fish-net dragged through a puddle of tanning lotion.
Thats about 90% of Australian men though, the sun is pretty harsh.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney
Better than the opposition? (which I'm assuming you actually mean government, seeing as Abbott is opposition).

He hasn't got any meaningful policies and appeals to racist rednecks who only think about money...

Actually, I can see why you would think that.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
keep the darkies out of straya cunt

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-06-01 05:38:27)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
Im not voting. We cant win.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jaekus wrote:

Better than the opposition? (which I'm assuming you actually mean government, seeing as Abbott is opposition).

He hasn't got any meaningful policies and appeals to racist rednecks who only think about money...

Actually, I can see why you would think that.
Yeah, I think I might vote for him.

And Christopher Pyne, Israel being Australia's most important ally.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-06-01 05:53:11)

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5965|London, England

Adams_BJ wrote:

dont you have to vote?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Only if you're enrolled, which most people are. I have a mate in his 40s who's never enrolled and thus never voted.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone

Jaekus wrote:

Only if you're enrolled, which most people are. I have a mate in his 40s who's never enrolled and thus never voted.
It's illegal not to enroll

Mutantbear wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

dont you have to vote?
No, you only need to get your named marked off a list at the polling stations.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Yeah you can turn up to a polling station, get your name marked off and go home if you don't want to vote.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
or draw a penis on the ballot paper
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

I notice this NBN-asbestos thing hasn't gone away despite me specifically saying that it pissed me off. Malcolm Turnbull said today that the Government was being irresponsible by causing a national panic over it.

Wat?

Anyway, the thing is if you're the party campaigning for corporate self-regulation and the removal of red tape it looks pretty fucking retarded if you start blaming the government when stuff like this happens.

Pretty. Fucking. Retarded.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qyhZ9_eXCHM/TQv6a6HNOdI/AAAAAAAAG6Q/-JQs1chZUuM/s400/tony%2Babbott.jpg
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Did someone say asbestos?

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Julie Bishop as well. The LNP is a who's who of people who kicked asbestos victims while they were down.

Rudd's on the war path, the leadership speculation from the media is forthcoming. I think this whole time the Coalition and their friends in the media have known Rudd's effectiveness so have sought to castrate him by raising leadership speculation every time he opens his mouth. No doubt he did retreat to lick his wounds after he was ousted and no doubt he was hoping to make a leadership comeback but he was never in a position to win a leadership bid. Not ever. He knew that and so did the media. Still, if Rudd stayed in a strong position in the Labor front bench and simply did his job as an able politician the leadership speculation would have likely died out once "Rudd shares opinion on something, whispers of leadership bid" stopped becoming a saleable headline.

Rudd is definitely what Labor needs right now given that his strength is Gillard's weakness, (communication.) Already he's created a simple and effective call-to arms, calming that Abbott's campaign is based on "three core lies" - that he'll stop the boats, that Australia is in an economic crisis, and that Abbott himself is a moderate. Fair call.

Good to know that there's still some fight in Labor. The media has been selling for months now that Australia essentially has a caretaker government keeping the seat warm for Abbott. The media made a bit of a song and dance yesterday over two Labor MPs apparently packing up their office 'in case they don't get re-elected'. Greens Leader Christine Milne came out and said clearly that the LNP will win in September. She did it because she wants to stress to those on the left the importance of securing the Greens' place in the Senate but the call isn't surprising.

But don't people need to, you know, vote first? I know the polling doesn't look good for Labor but people seem to forget that polling is fundamentally flawed, and probably even moreso when you consider that the ones everyone focuses on come from Fairfax and News Ltd. Also that polls almost always narrow right before the election. Plus Gillard has said she wants as many debates as possible with Abbott. This goes against what usually happens with an incumbent who usually sets as few debates as possible to prevent their challenger from being able to appeal to the public. It's pretty well appreciated from all involved I think that the more exposure Abbott gets the less people like him.

Interesting times are ahead, the September election isn't necessarily going to be a case of swearing in Tony Abbott as PM.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
"Let's make it absolutely clear: Rudd knows that every time he gets in the media cycle, he knocks Gillard down a notch or two in the polls," Latham told 2UE's Paul Murray on Friday.
"This is deliberate sabotage, an absolute replay, groundhog day, on 2010.
"Rudd knows that all of this is damaging the party. He is a lunatic. I look at him on the TV, Paul, and I've got to say, this bloke's nuts. I look at him and I think, this bloke is certifiable. This bloke is absolute nuts. He is addicted to the media in a way that damages his own interests and hurts the political party that he otherwise claims to love. I mean, this is absolutely crazy."
Rudd also used the interview to justify his own public campaigning, calling on Labor MPs not to "haul up the white flag" and not to blame him for their dire political situation.
It followed news this week that at least two MPs - Alan Griffin and Daryl Melham - had started packing up their offices in case they lose their seats in the September 14 election.
Latham said the MPs, who were both Rudd supporters, were packing up their offices for no other reason than to tell the media about it.
"Griffin for a long time has been his [Rudd's] campaign manager, so his own campaign manager is the bloke putting up the white flag, and Rudd has got so much front, so much absurdity about him, he goes out and says 'Oh, Labor people shouldn't put up the white flag'. It's his own person who's doing it and he thinks 'Oh nobody knows that'," Latham said.
"I mean this guy is ... a once-in-a-century egomaniac. You'll never see his like again as long as we live in Australian politics. What the Labor Party does with him, they should have expelled him three years ago, quite frankly."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politi … z2VWPhBSQO
Man, I wish all renta-quotes were as spot-on as Mark Latham.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm0eqyy2df1qkf3rdo1_500.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Ooh ooh only 100 days to go.

So excited.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

100 days is a very long time in politics.

The only reason Rudd causes a negative reaction for Labor is because every time he so much as raises his head the Coalition and Murdoch press starts harping on about leadership speculation. Every time. I have lost count of the weeks where someone somewhere has started fanning the flames, it's easier to count the weeks that haven't had leadership talk. One would be forgiven for thinking that since Gillard came into power Rudd had constantly attempted to wrestle the reins back from her. Rudd has challenged once. Once. The only other time he came close he knew he didn't have enough support so didn't bother. Do they think Rudd is trying to position himself to be king of the ashes if Gillard resigns upon losing? He still needs the support of the party for that and I can't see him getting it, gargantuan ego or not.

And as for deliberate sabotage, so far it seems that Rudd is the only one to talk up Labor's chances. The media has been all over this air of surrender in Labor at the moment. First it was the two MPs packing up their offices. Then Christine Milne, (who as I said was only trying to spruik the importance of the Greens holding the balance of power in the Senate.) Today Greens Senator Peter Whish-Wilson followed suit and Labor's Bill Shorten basically admitted that the Government was going to be defeated. Then Nationals Leader Barnaby Joyce couldn't hold it in and stated that the election was already decided and the Coalition would certainly win - though me may not be around to see it if polling in New England is anything to go by. The combination of defeatism and arrogance is fucking infuriating, you'd think the media and the politicians have forgotten that there is a democratic process involved in deciding the next government.

It seems to be snowballing and Labor's as caught up in it as everyone else. Does not one of them have a spine? They're too busy updating their resumes and packing up their offices that they seem to have forgotten that they are part of a Government that has achieved an incredible amount and they're up against an Opposition and an Opposition Leader who are utterly without substance or any hint of a beneficial policy. What's more its an Opposition that seems to know this themselves. The Labor Government does have a reason to believe in itself regardless of whether it is heading towards defeat or not. If a party doesn't believe in itself though, why the Hell should anyone else believe in it by giving it their vote? Talking about and appearing to be accepting of defeat, that's sabotage.

Australians have a legitimate cause to be upset at the state of Australian politics, it's a fucking mess. Largely due to outside factors and a manipulative and malevolent media. The fact that this is going to manifest itself in the election of Tony Abbott and his team of fucking numpties is utterly bizarre. On one side you have policies that the majority actually support and a good social and economic record, on the other you have slogans, insults, and xenophobia.

Either way, there's a lot of truth in the saying that a country often gets the Government it deserves.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I didn't know numpty was in use outside Somerset.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Dilbert_X wrote:

numpty is a scottish word. makes sense it would be found in australia and american south.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Dilbert_X wrote:

It's not really but I'm always looking for ways to expand my vocabulary - especially when it comes to insults.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

To be a talented media analyst and political commentator as I am you really need to look into the subtleties of language used in news stories to understand the intended narrative-

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMbrx2pCEAA5Dq-.jpg:large

-actually, forget I said anything. A jihad of revenge? Is anyone being serious about this any more?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

If you hear about something regarding a Liberal Party fundraiser menu today in between the talk of blue ties, this is what they're talking about.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMefEhPCQAMCg9F.jpg:large

Note the Quail.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
rudd is back at it!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard