hah, best step out the way from those guys, may get elbowed

new dj kicks, john talabot  listen to whole album http://pitchfork.com/advance/283-dj-kicks/
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
I just don't know what kind of dubstep to like any more.

Is it nouveaux upstart dubstep which doesn't reference what has gone before and therefore worthy only of scorn?

Is it unoriginal and derivative and therefore turd in the eye of the beholder?

Is it old and past it, the 40 year-old stretchmarked cougar of dubstep scouting nightclubs full of 20-somethings?

Or is it classic dubstep so old its now retro and therefore cool again?

I'm so confused, someone help me.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
uziques not here anymore
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4166|Oklahoma
Heroin overdose.

RIP
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
old london elek is so diff
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto

He knows the score. He gets the women. He kills the bad guys. But he was given an offer he couldn't refuse. MACHETE.

what an excellent way to eat my sunday morning scones and tea.

Last edited by Pochsy (2020-06-07 06:36:00)

The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
uziq
+492|3422

christ this thread is a real historical document.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto
I've been going back through old threads to see what was cool 5-10 years ago. What a trip!
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
uziq
+492|3422
the filthy masses are all into 'techno' now, but in the same way they were into 'dubstep', i.e. dumb and doof-doof big-festival-stage variants.

funny i was complaining about excision about 10 years ago. they're all dead as dodos now and everyone is on about amelie lens or whatever.

boof boof boof boof
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto
The people demand to lose an eardrum walking past the speaker stack in search of their 6-shot deep friend who wandered away from the awkward dance circle to the side of the floor. It has it's place. One can't be culturally on-point all the time. Gotta give'm the drop.
uziq
+492|3422

definitely an act i was talking about circa. 2010/11. good to see them still releasing top-rate music.

have changed from something associated with the london dubstep scene to songwriters doing albums in the human league/depeche mode vein. a bit like james blake or mount kimbie, who started off in the same febrile dance music house party scene and upscaled to more ambitious albums.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-27 03:36:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard