Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

Spark wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Catbox wrote:

2010... vote out all incumbents... both parties...
What would that solve?
Nothing, it's just a useful distraction.
He only says it because he knows it'd put more Republicans in office. It's baseless bullshit that you'd hear shouted at a Gingrich 2012 rally.

It would solve absolutely nothing.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Poseidon wrote:

Spark wrote:

What would that solve?
He only says it because he knows it'd put more Republicans in office. It's baseless bullshit that you'd hear shouted at a Gingrich 2012 rally.

Politicians of that level are all products of their state political machine anyway. Even if they were all recalled I know my state would send up two equally corrupt people to be voted on in the next election. I'm sure the other states are just as corrupt. We don't need term limits, we need an abolition of political parties. We need to be voting on who is the best person for the job, not who has the correct letter next to their name.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

JohnG@lt wrote:

We need to be voting on who is the best person for the job, not who has the correct letter next to their name.
Should be, but a good portion of this country never will.

Otherwise, I couldn't agree more.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Poseidon wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

We need to be voting on who is the best person for the job, not who has the correct letter next to their name.
Should be, but a good portion of this country never will.

Otherwise, I couldn't agree more.
Which is why I advocate the abolition of political parties. Official ones anyway.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

JohnG@lt wrote:

Politicians of that level are all products of their state political machine anyway. Even if they were all recalled I know my state would send up two equally corrupt people to be voted on in the next election. I'm sure the other states are just as corrupt. We don't need term limits, we need an abolition of political parties. We need to be voting on who is the best person for the job, not who has the correct letter next to their name.
Need proportional representation to make that work.

You don't need to abolish parties, just limit their funding so other parties get a look in.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-11-26 23:59:57)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6717

Poseidon wrote:

Spark wrote:

What would that solve?

my point is that we need to shake things up and get rid of all the scum... There are good politicians...
but the majority don't give a flying f about you or me...  They just want to be re-elected.

The democrats are ruining it for themselves... they have singlehandedly helped to resurrect the Conservative party
and alienate the independants.... not too mention quite a few democratic voters.

Wait and see... I lived through Jimmy Carter and the similarities are scary.
Love is the answer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard