OmniDeath
~
+726|6666

Reset timings back to default... memtest running on the first stick right now.

edit: already an error on the first stick.

Last edited by OmniDeath (2009-11-24 09:37:10)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6778|Scotland

Well there you go. Get new RAM. It's weird, because I have that exact same RAM and it's beautiful.

I would just replace it with more OCZ.

Also, what is your mobo?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6666

Stick 2 was good, but another error with stick 3

Zimmer wrote:

Well there you go. Get new RAM. It's weird, because I have that exact same RAM and it's beautiful.

I would just replace it with more OCZ.

Also, what is your mobo?
Looking through reviews suggests that this ram has a pretty high rate of being shit, despite a lot of positive reviews. Kinda makes me wish I had went with the Corsair I was comparing it to at the time, not really replacing it with more OCZ.

Mobo is an EVGA x58
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6469|Boulder, CO
If its OCZ then chances are you have a bloody good warranty on the things, I know mine have lifetime warranties or something silly like that. These were only middle of the range sticks so I would have thought that yours would be similar.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6589|NYC / Hamburg

Just to make sure ... Did you test all sticks in the same socket? Although unlikely, a socket could have gone bad.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6666

max wrote:

Just to make sure ... Did you test all sticks in the same socket? Although unlikely, a socket could have gone bad.
Yea, they were all tested individually in the same socket. I don't think the socket is bad as not all of the sticks had errors.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6589|NYC / Hamburg

good. Just checking
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6666

I've been reading on the OCZ forums about people getting similar memtest errors but fixing them by changing their ram settings in BIOS. None of them were using the same board though, is it worth messing with or are they fubar? If it is worth delving into where would I start? If it's not worth messing with what should I get to replace this with?
Benzin
+576|6020
Maybe call OCZ support and see what they can do for you???
__M@ver1ck__
+2|5311
I realise the OP has more or less found his problem now, but is it worth mentioning that the BSOD code explanations are out there on t'internet -

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerr … 1_0x5f.htm

and this one has some troubleshooting advice on each:

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/51 … 53684.html

just in case anyone else gets one of the more obscure ones. Also from control panel in vista at least, the BSOD codes are stored in the problems / solutions details if youve missed what the STOP code was, once in a blue moon vista will even solve one of these for you itself.

HTH,

R.

Last edited by __M@ver1ck__ (2009-11-25 02:15:57)

OmniDeath
~
+726|6666

I'm going to see what OCZ will do about the ram, but I don't have high hopes.

Would this be a good alternative to the OCZ? Its specs are about the same yet it seems more reliable. And, if I do RMA the OCZ, I could easily use these two sets in conjunction since their specs are about the same, right?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard