Poll

Who would you kill if you could go back in time?

Hitler53%53% - 14
The creators of the nuclear bomb0%0% - 0
Christopher Colombus46%46% - 12
Total: 26
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

Kmarion wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Sydney wrote:

Ronald Reagan.
But then Stalin would have won! Or something. Plus then all the conservatives would lose their wanking material.
We'd supplement it with you in your pleather chaps. Would you be willing to clean up after Carter, unite east/west, and significantly reduce the worlds nuclear weapons stash as well?
Oooh, sexy.

I'm not sure I'd kill anyone. I'm rather of the opinion that the world, fucked up as it is, has worked out ok, and who knows what might happen if you started killing off past dictators? How many Russian/Polish/Jewish/French/British/American/etc Hitlers may have come to power if they hadn't died in WWII?
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6637
Columbus definitely!!! he brought tons of unneeded people to America should have been left to  Native Americans, and Europeans should of stayed in Europe that way we would have all these Europeans in North and South America, they all would stay in Europe.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6656|NT, like Mick Dundee

blademaster wrote:

Columbus definitely!!! he brought tons of unneeded people to America should have been left to  Native Americans, and Europeans should of stayed in Europe that way we would have all these Europeans in North and South America, they all would stay in Europe.
Dude, one of the European powers would have found it and colonised it eventually.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6099|Birmingham, UK

Flecco wrote:

blademaster wrote:

Dude, one of the European powers would have found it and colonised it eventually.
Who did you pick?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Finray's mom.

Edit: Holy fuck, the post number is the same as the thread number.

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2009-11-24 14:24:53)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6511|Πάϊ
The annoying salesman at the local Media Markt. O wait I don't have to go back in time for that.
ƒ³
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Finray's mom.

Edit: Holy fuck, the post number is the same as the thread number.

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=132707&p=1 <=132707
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 4#p2900914 <=2900914

I'm pretty sure those two numbers aren't the same.

Last edited by Spark (2009-11-24 16:08:03)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

JohnG@lt wrote:

Karl Marx
Since Karl Marx was being supported by his fellow communist writing partner Engels i would instead choose to go back in time and kill Engels so that Marx would instead either starve or freeze to death.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England

Macbeth wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Karl Marx
Since Karl Marx was being supported by his fellow communist writing partner Engels i would instead choose to go back in time and kill Engels so that Marx would instead either starve or freeze to death.
Win/Win either way.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

JohnG@lt wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Karl Marx
Win/Win either way.
To be fair whether you killed one or the other or not that section of history would have to have played through, with or without Marx. Someone would have filled the gap. Same principle as the Columbus one.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-11-27 06:34:54)

Lai
+186|6142

CameronPoe wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Win/Win either way.
To be fair whether you killed one or the other or not that section of history would have to have played through, with or without Marx. Someone would have filled the gap. Same principle as the Columbus one.
Which is why I opted for Lenin, since his personal agency was determining for how the 1917 revolution turned out, even though it would have happened anyway.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6656|NT, like Mick Dundee

SEREVENT wrote:

Flecco wrote:

blademaster wrote:

Who did you pick?
I said I wouldn't kill anybody.

Flecco wrote:

I wouldn't kill anybody but if the whole Adam and Eve shindig turned out to be real I'd slap Eve and tell her to learn to say no to snake, no matter how big and long it is, sometimes being a slut has unforeseen consequences....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5588|Vacationland
The Vikings had already discovered America and Columbus was an ass to the natives+I would much rather be speaking French. 

Hitler killed 20 million Jews + some other people and a clown which really would have happened anyway.  Antisemetism has been rampant in Europe since before the 1st century

The atom bomb was necessary, the casualties of an assault on Japan would have been astronomical.
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.

Narupug wrote:

The Vikings had already discovered America and Columbus was an ass to the natives+I would much rather be speaking French. 

Hitler killed 20 million Jews + some other people and a clown which really would have happened anyway.  Antisemetism has been rampant in Europe since before the 1st century

The atom bomb was necessary, the casualties of an assault on Japan would have been astronomical.
You'd rather speak French? Are you high on a Crack/Meth/Pot/Beer combo?
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5588|Vacationland

jord wrote:

Narupug wrote:

What can't take a joke

The main point is Columbus didn't exactly treat the natives nicely, and neither did the British.  The French were in fact much nicer to the natives and had they been the ones to discover America (or even if the Vikings had been interested in expanding) the world would be a different, possibly much better, place
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Narupug wrote:

jord wrote:

Narupug wrote:

What can't take a joke

The main point is Columbus didn't exactly treat the natives nicely, and neither did the British.  The French were in fact much nicer to the natives and had they been the ones to discover America (or even if the Vikings had been interested in expanding) the world would be a different, possibly much better, place
Only because the number of French settlers was about 1/100th the number of British and Spanish. They were mostly trappers and not farmers.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5588|Vacationland

JohnG@lt wrote:

Narupug wrote:

jord wrote:

What can't take a joke

Only because the number of French settlers was about 1/100th the number of British and Spanish. They were mostly trappers and not farmers.
They were only nice because their were so few of them and because they weren't farmers?  Wat?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Narupug wrote:

They were only nice because their were so few of them and because they weren't farmers?  Wat?
Yes. Trappers aren't worried about owning land. To a farmer, America was virgin land waiting to be exploited and the natives were wasting it.
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

JohnG@lt wrote:

Narupug wrote:

Yes. Trappers aren't worried about owning land. To a farmer, America was virgin land waiting to be exploited and the natives were wasting it.
Land belongs to mother earth brave bear.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.

Narupug wrote:

jord wrote:

Narupug wrote:

What can't take a joke

I can take a joke fine, but it's pretty hard to read them in text form, especially in d+st.

Anyway the world is full of opportunists, that's what the majority is. It's just some people are better at seeing opportunity than others.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Cybargs wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Narupug wrote:

-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

JohnG@lt wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

What is this system of buying and selling land white man? Does this land not belong to the great spirit?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Cybargs wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

What is this system of buying and selling land white man? Does this land not belong to the great spirit?
That's really a misconception. They didn't have private property but they did have community property. It was like animals and the way that they mark out the boundaries of their territory. "This is Commanche Land" "This is Ute Land" etc. The whole idea that they didn't understand what property was is hippie propaganda from the 60s.
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

JohnG@lt wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

That's really a misconception. They didn't have private property but they did have community property. It was like animals and the way that they mark out the boundaries of their territory. "This is Commanche Land" "This is Ute Land" etc. The whole idea that they didn't understand what property was is hippie propaganda from the 60s.
How does one own land white man? This is Asian land, it cost 2 dorrar ok. very expensive OHK MANG.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard